Addicted

BastardlyRock

So earlier today I was at my daughter's parent teacher conference and we were going over a list of resources that we should check out at home. The first one was starfall.com, and for the next five minutes all I could think about was how awesome the Sword of the Morning was. I think I'm addicted, is there anyone else feeling this way? Anything similar happen to anyone else where inadvertently you're thrown into aSoIaF and can't get out?? Please tell me I'm not alone!

Lol, that's awesome. I find certain lines getting stuck in my head. The first couple times it's cool and I'm like "Oh hell yeah!" but then it doesn't go away and I'm like... I have a problem lol.

ive actually had marital trouble due to asoiaf too. shes a book reader, and she stopped, halfway through book 3. this eliminates al possible communication with further events. now im censored to what she sees on the show. i dont know what it is, she will NOT resume reading. its not that she doesnt liek the books, but i just dont know.

Also, when the purple wedding happened, she had a panic attack, and we ended up fightng because i wanted her to figure it out, how it happened, who did it, and why. on my part, the ending did JUST happen, so she was still in shock.

i think i may have a problem.

so, i dont bring it up, at all, with her anymore. save for sunday nights, and once the episode is over, we migth have 5 minutes, and then i dont mention it again for the week. i come on here, and theorize and discuss here.

it's hard, because when you get in so deep, it really is addicting.

i read the entire series twice, second time around, i wasnt interested in pov characters, but actually what was going on, around them (ie the ghost of high hill, rhaegars history, etc).

it sucks. i dont know anyone in my living life, that i can talk to genuinely deeply about it all. so it's supressed.

One of the roads I often drive on has an exit that brings you to the town of Bolton and its neighboring town of Stow. So the sign reads: Bolton/Stow .... and all I can ever think of is Ramsey Bolton/Snow (if you replace the t with an n)

I was going to new Hampshire this weekend and saw the same sign I almost freaked out then realized it was stow and that my buddy in the car would just get mad if I brought up "the game of thrones books" again lol

It can be a lonely place in a small town with no other major Martin fans lurking about. That is why the Forum is an inviting place. My forum friends here - and myself as well - have named our pets after characters from Martin's novels.

My husband says I'm addicted to ASOIAF. I've got him reading the books though. I predict by the end of ASoS he's changed his tune.

I spend more time on here than I should, probably, but until my husband or my sister catch up on their reading, you guys are the only ones I can talk to about it.

By the way, the latest issue of People magazine has a picture of Drew Barrymore wearing a "Mother of Dragons" t-shirt. Sort of makes up for the last issue where they were talking about pale hair and dark brows ala "Khaleesi." *facepalm*

I was on an airplane yesterday and somewhere either in the airport or the plane I read something and thought at first that it said "Aegon" but on a double-take it said something else, I can't remember what. Needless to say I was hype as hell for a hot second.

Totally addicted. Yesterday there was a man arrested for breaking into an abandoned house he thought might be haunted. The news outlet posted his mug shot. All I could think was he looked like the actor who plays Theon. Someone else thought the same thing. We became Facebook friends. Great minds think alike. Lol

I live in a new area of the city one of the new estate has just started naming roads we've got the Kings Road, the Rose Road, Casterley was already there I shoul go for a drive and check out the rest.

BTW Lord Blazefemur - I hear you, none of my friends are readers

I'm with you too.

When I want to make excuses I simply say "I am but a young boy and know little of the ways of the world." I also (jokingly) refused to partake in arbor day when my friend asked me to. Why? Dragons plant no trees.

And now whenever someone says goodbye I give them my regards or send them to someone else.

Well and truly addicted. I can turn any conversation into one about ASOIAF. My husband is driven mad by it. lol. He's show only and I'm desperate for him to read the books. I got a friend reading them too but she's reading slow and I'm frustrated I want to talk to her about it as a whole. I can't wait till she is done and our chats are no longer interspersed with, wait oh no you won't have got to that bit yet.

Archived