Addicted

BastardlyRock

alas, both my shows are ending. Game of Thrones 2 weeks ago. And now Penny Dreadful next weekend. The only two shows on television that keep me guessing.

(P.S. for those of you who dont know, PD is a Showtime horror-themed suspenseful masterpiece. If you havent caught it, youre truly missing out)

I guess my next things to watch (at the moment), Wilfred's final season, and The Strain. also, ugh, i guess ill finish true blood. after season 3 it just became another twilight copy.

I've been trying not to gush to my mother about the show, because I'd be embarrassed to openly love a show with so much gratuitous nudity and sex.

It's OBVIOUSLY different from page and screen.

Anyway last night, mom made a Sunday Dinner, and the finale was on repeat. I had two sentences per scene to explain to my Unsullied family.

Needless to say, they all left the room for dessert while I was glaring at the screen. Not my most proud moment.

I've been trying not to gush to my mother about the show, because I'd be embarrassed to openly love a show with so much gratuitous nudity and sex.

It's OBVIOUSLY different from page and screen.

Anyway last night, mom made a Sunday Dinner, and the finale was on repeat. I had two sentences per scene to explain to my Unsullied family.

Needless to say, they all left the room for dessert while I was glaring at the screen. Not my most proud moment.

Ugh, I can relate to those horrible moments :bang:

-- For today's confessions... I saw two separate license plates, one of which had a few letters/numbers followed by AF4C and the next had something to the effect of A6OS and I was like "WhaaaaAAAAaaaattt???" No one in my family understood how nuts this was, but again, I was hoping some fellow fans here would recognize the craziness. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Today I was on the beach by the river and it was really hot afternoon, when I suddenly heard loud cawing of crows. There must have been tens of crows on the big, very old pine tree right behind me. Everyone on the beach turned around to see what's going on there and I was like "Coldhands, finally" and then "Beware of the Night's King!" But no, there wasn't even the usual drunkards crawling out of the bushes. It was especially haunting because the pine tree is located on an empty lot where are also the ruins of a very old mansion. :eek:

I play this word game called word chums all the time. Sometimes I repeatedly put a word on there & can't figure out why it is telling me it's an invalid word & then I realize I'm putting in Rhaegar or some other word that only exists in ASOIAF

LOL Reminds me of my google chrome auto spell check that complains even as I type a reply for this forum.

Disclaimer; I don't always use google chrome, so I don't always get an auto spell check. ;)

Today I was on the beach by the river and it was really hot afternoon, when I suddenly heard loud cawing of crows. There must have been tens of crows on the big, very old pine tree right behind me. Everyone on the beach turned around to see what's going on there and I was like "Coldhands, finally" and then "Beware of the Night's King!" But no, there wasn't even the usual drunkards crawling out of the bushes. It was especially haunting because the pine tree is located on an empty lot where are also the ruins of a very old mansion. :eek:

This also deserves props just for the downright creepiness of it. LOL

Oh, yes. I'm addicted. I can talk about theories and prophecies about ASOIAF for hours. I have new books to read but I still prefer to re-read an ASOIAF chapter over the new book, but yeah, I will eventually finish them :p

I just want to learn every piece of information about asoiaf universe. I'm a map geek and the lands of ice and fire is just awesome! I want to learn about all these new places and cities, That's the number one reason why I wait for the world book.

Yes i"m addicted. My wife is a fan of the show but won't read the books. I live in the south and NONE of my friends could get into it(one said "I ain't watching that Star Wars crap")so I don't have anyone to talk about with. The most embarrassing thing I do is use words and sayings from the book.

For example, my brother did something really stupid and I told my wife he was a "half-wit"....she called me a dumbass. Another time My wife and I were in a small argument and I said " 7 bloody hells, let the others take you woman" and we both just started laughing..

We have a 3yr old daughter that was being rough with the other kids in her class, I told her teacher "she isn't that bad, but she does a drop of the wolf blood"... My wife put her in a new daycare the next day.....

I was watching Saw the other day and I found myself thinking "Hey Jigsaw could be a Targaryen...Now which other movie serial killers could be Targaryens?"

Yesterday I couldn't sleep because I didn't remember the correct order of all the Targaryen Kings.

Hi I'm Anna and I'm addicted to ASOIAF...I really miss it :bawl: :bawl:

In December I was leaving my sisters school play and when we walked out it was snowing. So I, in as serious a voice as I could muster, I was all "Winter is Coming" and a guy walked right by and said "and the north remembers".........F*CKING EPIC moment in my life lol.

In December I was leaving my sisters school play and when we walked out it was snowing. So I, in as serious a voice as I could muster, I was all "Winter is Coming" and a guy walked right by and said "and the north remembers".........F*CKING EPIC moment in my life lol.

Love it!

Yes, I too am addicted to asoiaf.

I also seem to be spreading my addiction to others in my family. I've got my mum, dad, stepdad, 2 brothers and their partners all hooked. In other words, not only am I an addict, I'm a dealer.

PERFECT!!!

I am totally addicted to the books and I think about how badly I want Winds of Winter out every day. My boyfriend watches the show but does not read the books. At the end of season 3 he was miserable about the Red Wedding and he allowed me to give him a spoiler so he'd cheer up, I told him about Lady Stoneheart. Season 4 comes... no Lady Stoneheart (Purple Wedding cheered him up though).

My brother reads the books but won't read more because he doesn't want he books to spoil the show.

My friends won't even see the show, I try to explain what it is about and their brains only focus on the negative aspects, like the wars, the deaths, the crimes against women, and their brains lock up there, it is pretty annoying, but I won't bother on insisting.

My father I can kind of spoil things to, he only watches the show, but he forgets all the spoiler bits pretty fast. This is good for me, as he often asks me the same things about the books, and I DON'T MIND RE-EXPLAINING EVERYTHING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. In fact, I love to. How sad is that?

Archived