Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

I can't see them going that way at all. Especially if there is the possibility that Jon is half Dornish etc, it creates a huge bag of worms without reducing the numbers of characters, as Arianne being included could happily result in dropping one Sand Snake

There's no role that Arianne can play, that can't be played by a legitimized Obara Sand/Martell.

Also, making this change, helps to explain why Doran and the Sand Snakes distrust each other. In the book, Arianne's imprisonment and inner doubts regarding her inheritance make for great drama, but it would be very difficult to translate it onscreen. If you make the Sand Snakes Doran's heirs after Trystane, you avoid having to explain a lot of things. Seeing three bastard nieces conspiring against their uncle after their father's death is much more easy to justify than a daughter going against his father.

To expand on the plot a little bit on it:

One thing that we can safely bet on is that Andrey, Garin, Sylvia and Darkstar won't be cast, and that the Sand Snakes are the logical replacements to be involved in Myrcella's failed crowning. That means one of them one of them will be seducing Arys (Nymeria) and another will be fighting Areo Hotah (Obara). Once everyting is lost, it may be Arys himself who tries to kill Myrcella (perhaps to avoid anyone making his dishonor public).

Even if Arianne is cast, I don't think it will work much differently, as the Sand Snakes will surely be her plot companions and will be jailed only after it fails.

I think that it's a real possibility that Arianne will be cut, and that Trystane will be Doran's sole heir and will have Quentyn's role. Thinking about it, Arianne's role can easily be filled up by the Sand Snakes: complaining that Doran doesn't move a finger, trying to crown Myrcella (one of them could be the one who harms Myrcella, cuting Arianne's crew too), ending in prison, and finaly being revealed by Doran that he is working against the Lannisters. Then, in the finale (or early next season), Trystane dies and one of them becomes heir to Sunspear as Arianne was.

I think it works.

I could see that working out.

There's no role that Arianne can play, that can't be played by a legitimized Obara Sand/Martell.

Also, making this change, helps to explain why Doran and the Sand Snakes distrust each other. In the book, Arianne's imprisonment and inner doubts regarding her inheritance make for great drama, but it would be very difficult to translate it onscreen. If you make the Sand Snakes Doran's heirs after Trystane, you avoid having to explain a lot of things. Seeing three bastard nephews conspiring against their uncle after their father's death is much more easy to justify than a daughter going against his father.

To expand on the plot a little bit on it:

One thing that we can safely bet on is that Andrey, Garin, Sylvia and Darkstar won't be cast, and that the Sand Snakes are the logical replacements to be involved in Myrcella's failed crowning. That means one of them one of them will be seducing Arys (Nymeria) and another will be fighting Areo Hotah (Obara). Once everyting is lost, it may be Arys himself who tries to kill Myrcella (perhaps to avoid anyone making his dishonor public).

Even if Arianne is cast, I don't think it will work much differently, as the Sand Snakes will surely be her plot companions and will be jailed only after it fails.

I see where you are coming from. I really really really really hope you are wrong

Or you know it's an incomplete list. Like they said on the article.

Come on, this time a year ago people were claiming they were going to cut Oberyn. Then we got Oberyn and Ellaria. They've never cut a major character before, so why the hell would they start now? People are just panicking over nothing. As usual.

guys dont overact this a lsit of mostly mirnor charcters except for doran. After the season george will probably announce the casting of Euron, Vic, Aegon. Jon Con, Arianne, the Kindly man ans Wyman Manderly. Those are major roles that they will want to annocuce.

guys dont overact this a lsit of mostly mirnor charcters except for doran. After the season george will probably announce the casting of Euron, Vic, Aegon. Jon Con, Arianne, the Kindly man ans Wyman Manderly. Those are major roles that they will want to annocuce.

Inclined to agree. I'd add Quentyn to that list but the aging up of Trystane makes me doubt it. Think Myrcella is going to be recast?

Inclined to agree. I'd add Quentyn to that list but the aging up of Trystane makes me doubt it. Think Myrcella is going to be recast?

I'd chalk the aging up of Trystane to contract issues. It's much easier to employ an over-18 actor than an under-18 one.

Aimee Richardson seems to be very into GoT (turning up at conventions and such) so I think she's still going to be Myrcella. Think she's about 16 now, which actually works with an 18-year-old Trystane.

Why are they LOOKING for a black actor to play Areo Hotah? Norvoshi People are white, just like Salladhor Saan and Xaro Xhoan Daxos were in the books. If the lack of non-whites was a problem, then they should noy have cut Jalabhar Xho for example from the beginning. Will we see a Chinese Moqorro before this is over or what?

Why are they LOOKING for a black actor to play Areo Hotah? Norvoshi People are white, just like Salladhor Saan and Xaro Xhoan Daxos were in the books. If the lack of non-whites was a problem, then they should noy have cut Jalabhar Xho for example from the beginning. Will we see a Chinese Moqorro before this is over or what?

Funnily enough, when I read the books I always imagined Areo Hotah as black for some reason. Not until a re-read did I spot that Norvos was a nordic-type place...

Why? Aimee Richardson (Myrcella) is 15 or 16yo.

Archived