NHL 2014-15 - The Puck Drops Here

Jabronius Maximus

So in the wake of the mess at MSG, Prust gets 2 games and Carcillo gets 10 games. And Stepan is out indefinitely with a broken jaw, which is definitely the bigger loss.

Now that there's some real hate in this series, Montreal should be much more competitive. I'm really looking forward to game 4 (the intensity, not these shenanigans).

Can't touch a ref or linesman. Stupid move and deserved suspension for Carcillo.

Yeah that's something you learn in any sport when you're like 4. But of course, we know Carcillo doesn't think. He was also perilously close to getting 20 games (which is for physical contact with an intent to injure - that would've applied if his elbow connected).

Edit: Edmonton vs Val D'Or in the memorial cup (still going) is now the longest in the tournament's history. Triple OT! And Detroit has a hell of a pick in Anthony Mantha. The guy is very dangerous today. And prior to the tournament, he had 81 goals in 81 games...

Edit: it's over! Oil Kings head to the Cup finals (where I'm sure they'll get thrashed by the Storm).

That was probably the best game I've seen the Kings play in a very long time. They were up in the 3rd and instead played as though they were down by 2. Chicago will have to dig deep and find an answer next game, or this could be over in a hurry.

Edit: oh and Carter is on some other level. 7 points in 2 games.

If god decreed that Doc Emmerich no longer had the physical ability to interrupt his call of the game with "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! SOMETHING HAPPENED THAT I DIDN'T MENTION BECAUSE I'M A DOUCHEBAG EVEN THOUGH TELLING YOU WHAT IS HAPPENING IS MY ONLY JOB" then he might be someone I don't want to punch in the fucking face.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, that guy bought a beer ten seconds ago."

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, what a fantastic hockey event that happened yesterday!"

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, I sound like your grandma, good thing I don't otherwise suck at my job!"

If god decreed that Doc Emmerich no longer had the physical ability to interrupt his call of the game with "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! SOMETHING HAPPENED THAT I DIDN'T MENTION BECAUSE I'M A DOUCHEBAG EVEN THOUGH TELLING YOU WHAT IS HAPPENING IS MY ONLY JOB" then he might be someone I don't want to punch in the fucking face.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, what a fantastic hockey event that happened yesterday!"

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, I sound like your grandma, good thing I don't otherwise suck at my job!"

:rofl:

Jim Hughson (CBC) isn't much better, but I'm glad I don't have to put up with Doc here. And you guys can keep Pierre McGuire too.

At least Pierre only gets to vocalize occasionally, rather than constantly.

I really miss Gary Thorne.

ETA: A goal was just scored and Doc didn't ejaculate OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!

Maybe he was distracted by a pretzel or something.

Edit2: ESPN giving up the NHL to NBC fucked everyone involved. NBC can't even do the Olympics right once every two years.

I admire Doc's enthusiasm. But hypothetically, he's not some asshole in the stands watching a game. He's supposed to be a professional broadcaster.

That's why he's in the Hall of Fame, because he sucks at his job. :rolleyes:

That opinion of Doc was one I found from a lot of folks in the Bay Area, actually, so IDK if I'm biased or what. I really enjoy Doc, though (as with every broadcaster) he was better as a local guy than as a national one.

Also, go Rangers, the team I hate the least of the four remaining.

I love Doc, best in the buisness imo.

Easy to say as a Devils fan :p

He's good, it just seems as though lately he's going through a bit of the old man syndrome, much like Bob Cole (CBC).

And Trotz in as coach for Washington, which shod surprise no one. Wonder how he'll mesh with Ovechkin, as he is by far the best forward Trotz will have coached.

Archived