NHL 2014-15 - The Puck Drops Here

Jabronius Maximus

At this point Tyrion its just what the kings do. After the second I Texted a buddy that we had them right where we wanted them and I was only half joking

Yeah, battling back has definitely been their MO this postseason. Doing that repeatedly against Henrik is going to be pretty damn tough though.

In a move that was well overdue, Bylsma has been finally axed. Word is Jim Rutherford is being considered for the Pens GM spot.

Edit: Rutherford will be announced as GM. :lol: that's actually a solid step down from Shero. It's also funny because that's the same guy Shero fleeced a couple times over the past few years in trades. Have fun, Pens fans.

In a move that was well overdue, Bylsma has been finally axed. Word is Jim Rutherford is being considered for the Pens GM spot.

Yeah I don't know why he wasn't let go when Shero was let go, as how many GMs keep coaches they inherit? Not many I imagine.

Edit: Rutherford will be announced as GM. :lol: that's actually a solid step down from Shero. It's also funny because that's the same guy Shero fleeced a couple times over the past few years in trades. Have fun, Pens fans.

Shero's trading was always really good short-term but had significant problems with long-term stability of the team, imo. He, and Bylsma, were both inspired picks when they were hired but needed to go earlier. Rutherford and his relatively lousy trades aren't bothering me because the Pens have a very solid line-up already, barring a weak fourth line and a middling goalie, both of which I'd rather see improved via new blood and training up new people. I'm okay with a bad year or two if it means a more in-depth roster, and I think Rutherford is going to do that better than Shero.

But good job hanging onto Bylsma for 21 days, guys. That really bought you ____ while making it so you couldn't even interview a few excellent coaches.

edit: I'm just trying to be positive on this one, since I'm kind of nervous all around.

edit2: Plus side for Rutherford: Decent at picking and developing goalies. Downside: seemingly bad at picking and especially developing defensemen.

Shero's trading was always really good short-term but had significant problems with long-term stability of the team, imo. He, and Bylsma, were both inspired picks when they were hired but needed to go earlier. Rutherford and his relatively lousy trades aren't bothering me because the Pens have a very solid line-up already, barring a weak fourth line and a middling goalie, both of which I'd rather see improved via new blood and training up new people. I'm okay with a bad year or two if it means a more in-depth roster, and I think Rutherford is going to do that better than Shero.

But good job hanging onto Bylsma for 21 days, guys. That really bought you ____ while making it so you couldn't even interview a few excellent coaches.

That's fair, but it was just puzzling as to why they'd go from Shero to Rutherford, when the latter doesn't really have the greatest reputation in the league.

And I wouldn't be too worried for a coach in Pittsburgh, because I'm sure any coach would love to have that lineup. The team just became laid back and lost its intensity over time under Bylsma. Who knows, lighting a fire under that same roster could yield some great results.

I wasn't considering this earlier, but Babcock going on a year-to-year basis in Detroit could mean that the Pens might just hire a one-off type coach this year, and go after Babs next year. It's a ridiculous scenario, but I'd sure as hell like to see it.

I am biased, so I'll solicit opinions of other hockey fans...

was LA's 3rd goal interference?... I thought it was, but then again, I masturbate to Mark Messier pictures

Also... right before the OT winner, I thought that there should have been a delay of game call for sending the puck into the stands...

That's it... I'll stop whining now.

Archived