NBC's Hannibal III: Swimming in blood and emptiness

Tony Soprano

Damn. I don't know what to think about this move.

On one hand, I don't think it will get huge ratings during the summer (which could be bad).

On the other hand, it may not need huge ratings to continue as a summer show. As much as I enjoy a show like Rookie Blue, I can admit it isn't the greatest show ever and the ratings can't be that great for it, yet every summer, there it is.

This will probably be bad for Hannibal though, probably due to production costs.

I'm worried about when Hannibal gets locked up. I love Mads and he's absolutely awesome as Hannibal, but I worry that his evilness won't translate behind bars. Anyone else worried about this?

In Mads I Trust :)

Richard Armitage has been cast as

Francis

Dolarhyde

Hopefully they're ditching the ridiculous "killer-of-the-week" premise. Those plotlines were corny as shit, and I was worried they would distract from real killers like the Tooth Fairy (and potentially Buffalo Bill if they get the rights)

Hopefully they're ditching the ridiculous "killer-of-the-week" premise. Those plotlines were corny as shit, and I was worried they would distract from real killers like the Tooth Fairy (and potentially Buffalo Bill if they get the rights)

I liked those stories.

I liked them because they were interesting but the show clearly understood that they weren't the point of the show and so it sidelined them, often really sidelined them, whenever it needed to focus more on the important things happening.

I thought S2 was weaker for not having as many of them in the background.

I liked those stories.

I liked them because they were interesting but the show clearly understood that they weren't the point of the show and so it sidelined them, often really sidelined them, whenever it needed to focus more on the important things happening.

I thought S2 was weaker for not having as many of them in the background.

Hmm. To each their own, and I agree that the writers successfully kept the main characters front and center. But I thought these side stories conflicted with the grim seriousness of the show, because some of the killers they caught were just ridiculous gimmicks. The wolfman or bee woman, for example. And having so many artistic, over-the-top serial killers makes Hannibal the Cannibal seem less special. Including Garret Jacob Hobbs was cool, since he is from the books, but why did he have to be a cannibal?

IMO a better formula would have been to have a "killer of the season" whom Jack's team focuses on, with Hannibal's help. Flesh the killer out so that they are an interesting character in their own right

Hmm. To each their own, and I agree that the writers successfully kept the main characters front and center. But I thought these side stories conflicted with the grim seriousness of the show, because some of the killers they caught were just ridiculous gimmicks. The wolfman or bee woman, for example. And having so many artistic, over-the-top serial killers makes Hannibal the Cannibal seem less special. Including Garret Jacob Hobbs was cool, since he is from the books, but why did he have to be a cannibal?

IMO a better formula would have been to have a "killer of the season" whom Jack's team focuses on, with Hannibal's help. Flesh the killer out so that they are an interesting character in their own right

Also; they went far too far with Will's superpower gimmick. It was kinda dumb, and hokey and I'm glad we saw much less of it.

Hannibal has never gotten good ratings.

Thankfully it's also dirt cheap for NBC to make.

Yet looks great. Makes me wonder what the team could do with more money.

I was dismayed to hear it's not back until summer but I was starting to worry how they'd fit Gillian Anderson in with her busy schedule. Hopefully the delay makes it possible.

Is Will really sympathetic to Hannibal's cause? I might be a knucklehead, but that's the only explanation I can come up with for him warning Hannibal that the feds are after him in the final episode.

I've seen a lot of people wondering about Scully being on the plane with Hannibal in that last scene. Wasn't it perfectly obvious that she had been drugged or did I miss something here too?

Is Will really sympathetic to Hannibal's cause? I might be a knucklehead, but that's the only explanation I can come up with for him warning Hannibal that the feds are after him in the final episode.

I've seen a lot of people wondering about Scully being on the plane with Hannibal in that last scene. Wasn't it perfectly obvious that she had been drugged or did I miss something here too?

I think what happened was that the investigation was suspended, which would lead to Jack going rogue without backup so Will saw a quick out in warning Hannibal before someone got slaughtered?

Or am I messing up the timeline?

Archived