Human Chess Match, WorldCon 06

George has cajoled, er, selected his opponent for the chess match:

the remarkable, the canny, Daniel Abraham, who is also working on many projects with George.

Daniel is a wonderful guy, take some time to get to know him, you'll be glad you did. Ask him about the two wonderful women in his life. Get him to sign a copy of his first novel, A Shadow in Summer, you'll be glad you did in a few years.

Don't be fooled by his mild-mannered accountant photos on his web site, he's a handsome guy with a quick and wicked mind.

http://www.danielabraham.com/

<hands on hips>

Hey, Parris, what's wrong with us accountants? :P

Snake ladies... I had a little back n forth with Mich last week and we agreed about matching color schemes but it being a free for all as far as styles are concerned (kinda like the snakes themselves).

Me, I've looking to get my hands on some lightweight flowy-tan material for flowy pant things and use a wide belt to hold em up. Top will hopefully be a tan-ish tank top looking thing and I'm hoping to finish off the tans with a light, light short cloak. Hair & accessories TBD.

Now I just need my mommy to teach me how to use a sewing machine. gods! the agony!

Snake ladies... I had a little back n forth with Mich last week and we agreed about matching color schemes but it being a free for all as far as styles are concerned (kinda like the snakes themselves).

Yes...I should be more explicit about this. I've seen a Sand Snake costume and its as far from a MC Hammer pants as you can get. :P Long may it continue. (There will be uproar otherwise. :))

George has cajoled, er, selected his opponent for the chess match:

the remarkable, the canny, Daniel Abraham, who is also working on many projects with George.

Yaaay. Cool. I presume we don't know who is playing who? Considering the Sand Snakes, Dorne could be more attractive. ;)

Just wanted to let you all know that I'll be flying out Sun morning, so if the match is Sun afternoon I'm afraid that I'm out.

Please let me know ASAP if the schedule changes. I can't sew at all and don't want to have to buy stuff if I won't be able to participate.....

:lol:

Yes, surely the whole thing about the Sand Snakes is that they wear most anything. Lots of MC Hammer pants would just be scary...and not in a good way. :P

Replace "most anything" with "mostly nothing", and you're closer to the target...

Just wanted to let you all know that I'll be flying out Sun morning, so if the match is Sun afternoon I'm afraid that I'm out.

Please let me know ASAP if the schedule changes. I can't sew at all and don't want to have to buy stuff if I won't be able to participate.....

Carrie, we're still waiting on a reponse from the con coordinators.

As soon as I know anything, I will post it here and send out PMs. :)

That said, can't wait to meet you!

So Zak...how about it?

I'll do it if you're stuck. I wouldn't want to be seen as not pulling my weight, but I'm just really not sure about the dressing up and bringing a costume. If someone else wants to do it, I'd be happy just wearing a generic highgarden pawn outfit. Would prefer just to sit at the side, drink and taunt folk though :P

I'll do it if you're stuck. I wouldn't want to be seen as not pulling my weight, but I'm just really not sure about the dressing up and bringing a costume. If someone else wants to do it, I'd be happy just wearing a generic highgarden pawn outfit. Would prefer just to sit at the side, drink and taunt folk though :P

Zak, thank you!

You've been added as a Highgarden pawn.

I still think you'd have made a kick ass RT, but it's ok. It's not so much about the costume as the attitude, baby. :P

Guys, we've got 17 days to work out the rest of this. Can I convince more of you to volunteer?

Thanks to GC for providing the jewelry for the event. I've seen the pics, and it seems like we'll be all set there. There are chains (Davos will be provided a maester's chain), and earrings, and bangles and lions and tigers and bears! Oh my!

Thanks again! :)

Yes definitely a great job! However a lot of people have to cancel if its not moved from Sunday...:(

I know, Mich. I'm trying...

To give a brief update:

I'm in touch with the con-coordinators, who are confident we can get a bigger room to house the event.

I'm just waiting to hear if Sunday is the only day George is availible.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I do. :)

I know you are Mya. It wasn't a dig at you at all :kiss: you're doing amazingly.

:blush:

No no, not what I meant, sweets.

Just wanted to give an update, and you reminded me of that with your post. :P

:kiss: (Hey, in 2 weeks we can give real kisses! None of this...cyber...uh...this just sounds bad.)

Archived