Significance of House Royce

Hippocras

I don't know about their significance in the overall story but they're certainly one of if not the most developed family outside the arryns in the vale. Bronze Yohn is also a great warrior, when the army of the vale finally marches I think it'll be him who is leading them.

Perhaps he will kill Loras Tyrell in battle. 'we remember' are their words after all.

I don't know about their significance in the overall story but they're certainly one of if not the most developed family outside the arryns in the vale. Bronze Yohn is also a great warrior, when the army of the vale finally marches I think it'll be him who is leading them.

Perhaps he will kill Loras Tyrell in battle. 'we remember' are their words after all.

Poor Loras, even Loras feels bad for killing Robar, LOL

I think they describe Waymar's armor in the prologue as well, as newly made, castle forged, highborn stuff - definitely not the Rune engraved Bronze Armor of the Royce's.

I was just hopping, skipping, and jumping all over the wiki. I was pretty certain that the description of Royce armor came from Sansa, the wiki seems to support that. Now, I have to wonder how old it really is...,,,as well, Sansa is not an armor expert. Plus, the story has the taste of songs and fairy tales, the Sansa thing of AGOT. Lots to think about on that score, LOL

ETA: Thanx on the Waymar description, the above post of mine is about the Royce's in KL.

TWOIAF will surely give us more info on the bronze armour of the Royces. IIRC there was a sample that leaked without permission in which the maester shed some light on the nature of the Royce armour :)

TWOIAF will surely give us more info on the bronze armour of the Royces. IIRC there was a sample that leaked without permission in which the maester shed some light on the nature of the Royce armour :)

Proving again.........why I like it when you pop up. I've been meaning to finish up all the TWOIAF samples floating around.

Proving again.........why I like it when you pop up. I've been meaning to finish up all the TWOIAF samples floating around.

It's in the Arryn section IIRC. Don't know if you'll be able to retrieve it. It was released without permission, unlike the other two samples :)

ok, thanks. Good to know. So maybe they are married into the Freys now too.

That's the other line of Royces. And it's too far back anyway.

They also are one of the Houses with vassal houses attached to them, rather than directly to their liege lords, the Arryns. Probably since they are so old. (Random note - fan favorite Dolorous Edd is from a vassal family to the Arryns).

That's actually quite common. It only tends to be neglected because the books focus mostly on the Lord Paramount level.

Unless a female descendant from one of those three daughters has married back into one of the Royces. Though I imagine the generation gap would be too narrow for that.

Yes, that would be too soon. These daughters should be about sixty now, give or take, with their children about fourty. Now we could start speculating about Anya Waynwood's age, she's pretty much confirmed to be a born Waynwood... :cool4:

It's in the Arryn section IIRC. Don't know if you'll be able to retrieve it. It was released without permission, unlike the other two samples :)

Consider me a skinny, feminine Srgt. Shultz....I see nothing, I know nothing.

How was it that Robar ended up in Renly's Rainbow Guard? It seems strange enough that Lysa Arryn would allow Bronze Yohn and other knights of the Vale permission to leave to attend the Tourney in KL, since she was already pretty paranoid about the Lannisters by this point (but probably had no authority to say something to Bronze Yohn himself, or only became that paranoid after the war started..).

But how did Robar end up in the Reach with Renly? He chose to go out there, but his father chose to return to the Vale? Just an interesting set of choices, that a Royce, (who then showed loyalty Catelyn), would end up with Renly.

The guy is written Feldwebel Schultz. Or Schulz. I seh nix, i hör nix.

Eh, I know of three ways to spell Shultz, Schulz, etc, besides, you knew just who I meant, LOL But thanks.

And oh.......you gave me the whole phrase in German, beautiful!! :bowdown:

How was it that Robar ended up in Renly's Rainbow Guard? It seems strange enough that Lysa Arryn would allow Bronze Yohn and other knights of the Vale permission to leave to attend the Tourney in KL, since she was already pretty paranoid about the Lannisters by this point (but probably had no authority to say something to Bronze Yohn himself, or only became that paranoid after the war started..).

But how did Robar end up in the Reach with Renly? He chose to go out there, but his father chose to return to the Vale? Just an interesting set of choices, that a Royce, (who then showed loyalty Catelyn), would end up with Renly.

I do remember Robar giving the second son excuse, how he wasn't the heir and had to make his own way. Still, it does look almost as if the Royce family were trying to cover many sections of the kingdoms.

Eh, I know of three ways to spell Shultz, Schulz, etc, besides, you knew just who I meant, LOL But thanks.

Shultz is clearly the english version and will never, ever be written that way in German.

And oh.......you gave me the whole phrase in German, beautiful!! :bowdown:

Actually bavarian dialect. Proper German would be "Ich sehe nichts, ich höre nichts."

I think itl be a less mystical part they will play in things to come

Lf names him as the only lord declarant that will continue to be a threat to his plans , if sansa makes a move agaisnt him shel need help and bronze royce seems like a likely ally. If it comes to violence hes well established as strong and skilled (noted tourney knight ), his son seems to be following in his footsteps (noted loses to jamie at tourney of the hand) his daughter is married to mychel redfort whos known as one of the best young swords in the yale......thatd be a nice group to have under ur belt if your gonna go against the killers LF has brought to him

Archived