[Book Spoilers] Is anyone recording reactions for the duel aftermath?

Oberyn Martell has become the favorite new character for the Unsullied just as he was mine when I first read aSOS. Every other watcher mentions how they harbor romantic feelings for him. This sunday I forecast that many people will run low on sheets of tissue paper.

I don't think any thing will ever match the visceral outpouring of emotion unleashed by the Red Wedding or the unbelievable shock of Ned Stark's execution. However it seems that the majority of the Unsullied I've listened to are quite sure that The Red Viper will win because they don't think the show will kill off a fan favorite so quickly after his introduction, and also because will will also lead to the death of Tyrion who is the most popular character of all. I think this moment will be up there among the greats when it comes to shock value.

So is anyone going to exploit their friends and family by secretly filming them to share their anguish for all and sundry?

Unfortunately I'm not going one of those people this Sunday, because I'm going to be away from town, and half of my Unsullied friends aren't yet caught up.

Loved him in the book, but he was a pretty minor character there - only in a few scenes until the duel.

They've jacked up his presence on the show to make more people care about him and like him (easy to do - he's pretty cool and Pascal is doing well with the part)

However, I don't think it will make as big an impact as the Red or Purple Weddings just because he hasn't been around long enough.

It didn't work with Joffrey.

It didn't work with Joffrey because that made people happy. It's not funny when people are happy.

But, with that said, I agree nothing will ever match the RW reactions, except maybe Daggers in the Dark next season.

My sister is in love with him and thinks he will find Dany and take back the iron throne. She thinks he will kill the mountain and accuse Tywin and Cercei of Joffrey's murder because she thinks they killed him to get Tommen on the throne because he's easier to manipulate. I feel sad for her. She has this whole scenario of Tyrion racing to get Dany and coming back with Dragons to kill Littlefinger and save Sansa from molestation. And somehow she thinks Arya is going to join the Nights Watch and become Lord Commander while Rickon becomes King of the Wildlings. I have no idea how any of this makes sense, but i will be calling her in a few hours to listen to her cry about the love of her life getting his face crushed.

She thinks Bran will turn out to be a wizard and that Sam will kill his father somehow and give Gilly his Castle. I tell her to write fanfiction, because i want to read the one about Sam killing his father in single combat.

I feel a little queasy after watching that. It was pretty gory. I kind of didn't expect it to be so quick either. It was just like GRAB.SQUEEZE.POP.

That poping sound....

Even if you knew who was going to win, the pop was quite a surprise.

At one point I was thinking that the producers had changed the plot completely... After all Sansa just did the reveal of who she was unlike the books then Arya arrives at the Erie unlike the books. Maybe Tyrion is staying in KL...

I wish I had my phone rolling. My GF was almost in tears, she freaked the fuck out. She even went with the, "I'm never watching this show again!" line.

Even though Oberyn was only around for 8 episodes a lot of my Unsullied friends LOVED him.

Archived