[Book Spoilers] Is anyone recording reactions for the duel aftermath?

I think we'll be getting a lot of YouTube videos in the next few days.Also i think Tywin's death in episode 10 will be a great redemption for the unsullied after the shock they suffered yesterday

To be honest, I was not happy when Oberyn met his fate in the books, however I was even more disgusted with it on the show, it was too gruesome to say the least. The fight scene was amazing, until the Mountain snatched Oberyn up, I certainly will never watch that scene again. On another note, my unsullied husband was quite irritated with Oberyn dying, he wanted justice for Oberyn (I did too) and then he said he wanted to know what the hell was to happen with Tyrion because he was getting sick of it. I don't really blame him, all the killing off of the best characters gets rather annoying, I told him to just wait until the last episode and we will both see if they (HBO) can make it worth it. I guess we will see...

Yeah this is way more problematic for the viewers, since tv seasons are condensed much closer together then books. So to them it might seem that the whole unpredictability is becoming predictable in itself. I know many people said that Oberyn will probably die, because he's a great character whom everyone loves and they were correct.

i was shaken for about 15 minutes afterwards.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I knew it was coming, was still NOT ready for it, kept thinking irrationally "He's got this!" and then going "Oh no no no..." and then was DEFINITELY not ready for that. I got a text from a friend in three parts which was just "Oh." "My." "God." and I just paced around my house for 15 good minutes before I could do anything else. Now to watch it with company again tonight!

In related news, Otaku Assemble usually does a live review the very same night the episode airs. This time we got this twitter post instead:

"No "Game of Thrones" episode review tonight. I'm too upset right now & don't want to deliver a subpar review...

Hadnt seen his tweet ! Glad he prefers to think more clearly (perhaps rewatch the episode) before the review.

Here you have a playlist with around 30 reaction videos.
Can't help myself, I just love to watch these!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-YDIhm3aGU&index=31&list=PLGxwa47zH36vSkev_WquiwF21SOhUCsmO

Poor souls, I was already watching in shock. In a moment of madness I even hoped they would change it, loved Oberyn, not even so much in the book but in the show, Pedro just nailed it.

I really would have wanted to record my own reaction, when the Mountain was down on the ground and I knew it was coming up I just covered my mouth and started shaking. And I can't help it, when it comes to the eyes, It's just horrifying. It was hands-down the strongest emotion I felt for watching the show so far.

I wish I'd recorded Mr Slowloras's reaction - "What?! No way!! Holy fucking shit!!!" repeated constantly over a period of ten minutes, complete with wide eyes and slack jaw. He really thought Oberyn had won. Priceless.

I read these books years ago before there was any whisper of a show and I spoilt my husband all the way through, well, nearly. I couldn't contain my shock or horror or grief at all the classic WTF moments so I'd tell him the story. FF years later and by the time the show rolled around he knew about Ned, he knew about the RW and the PW... thankfully I'd stopped random sharing around the time I read the PW.

The result? Last night was the first time he wasn't spoiled and his REACTION!! It.Was.Epic. He was speechless and stunned and pissed and sad... it was beautiful. He had been utterly convinced Oberyn would win. He kept saying, 'but he won!'. Lol.

No more spoiling! I am now eagerly anticipating his reaction when Tywin fails at shitting gold.

My book reaction was: Eeewwww. (And I didn't even like Oberyn in the books) :ack:

My show reaction is: Ew ew ew eeeeeeewwwww ... EWWWW!!!! :ack: :ack: :ack:

Though considering how squeamish I usually am when it comes to gore, I'm taking it rather well actually.

EW.

Archived