(BOOK SPOILERS) Discussing Sansa XI: Lies and Arbor Gold

I kind of loved Maleficent Sansa, but I'm also totally speechless. Yes, I loved her. Maybe this means she'll be the one to rally the north... Huge spoilers that the Vale lords know her. She just became my favorite character.

IMO, I loved the black tones of the last Sansa scene. Sansa usually wears brighter colors, especially blues... this scene had a "stark"ness to it (pun intended!). Or perhaps it's just the shadow of Alayne hanging over her.

I am another person wondering about TWOW spoilers. I'm not concerned, I want to be spoiled! :) I wonder if this episode can imply or confirm that the Lords Declarant know who Sansa is in AFFC.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Gloats like MoFo!*

Ohhhhh, I was CRAZY thinking she'd reveal her identity. LMAO. I've been on POINT this season! Phew!

...But onto more substantial talk...

Her hair was wet, that's why it looked dark. And now we know that 'Angry' Sansa walking through the corridor is in episode 10.

I'm more concerned with the ripples this might cause.

If the lords of the Vale know she's with Littlefinger, then how long before everybody else knows? What effect does this have on Littlefinger's relationship with the Lannisters? Wouldn't they demand she be returned or otherwise know he's plotting against them?

I was rather pleased with it... It kept me on edge even though if done "right" it shouldn't have. I like that we're getting a spoiler, but is it though really? At least to us boarders who speculate a lot, it comes as no real surprise that the Vale lords know her identity. They were bound to find out sometime.

If the lords of the Vale know she's with Littlefinger, then how long before everybody else knows?

Royce, Waynwood and Corbray were in the room, plus like one random guard, I think. The way they left things here, I think the implication is that they'll all keep their mouths shut.

To nitpick the logic here, Sansa sticks with Littlefinger because he's the devil she knows; okay, that's the same as the book. But the revised version of the plan hinges completely on Royce and co. being all "woo, Team Stark!", so how is that any less reliant on others?

Her hair was wet, that's why it looked dark. And now we know that 'Angry' Sansa walking through the corridor is in episode 10.

Maybe that bit with Sansa stalking angrily through a corridor was cut from Season 4? Her hair looked dyed in that shot, not wet. It would be weird for her to go back to her Sansa dress after so much was made of her transformation.

It does change the flavour of the Vale storyline if the Lords Declarant are readily working with Littlefinger instead of actively trying to undermine him...although I suppose Littlefinger has brought so many of them on board by the end of AFFC that that might have been the way the books were going in any event.

Maybe that bit with Sansa stalking angrily through a corridor was cut from Season 4? Her hair looked dyed in that shot, not wet. It would be weird for her to go back to her Sansa dress after so much was made of her transformation.

It does change the flavour of the Vale storyline if the Lords Declarant are working with Littlefinger instead of trying to undermine him.

Perhaps you're right. Maybe they cut that scene. Seem to me it would have looked perfect/been perfectly placed after the testimony scene. Although, I don't see the point of dying her hair now. She's not taking on the "Alayne Stone" personality and the Lords of the Vale already know who she is.

I'm more concerned with the ripples this might cause.

If the lords of the Vale know she's with Littlefinger, then how long before everybody else knows? What effect does this have on Littlefinger's relationship with the Lannisters? Wouldn't they demand she be returned or otherwise know he's plotting against them?

This likely would be a problem...if King's Landing wasn't about to lose its Master of Whispers and have a crisis of Lannister leadership...

Perhaps you're right. Maybe they cut that scene. Seem to me it would have looked perfect/been perfectly placed after the testimony scene. Although, I don't see the point of dying her hair now. She's not taking on the "Alayne Stone" personality and the Lords of the Vale already know who she is.

Hide it from everyone else so she can go "travel" with Robyn and LF?

It does change the flavour of the Vale storyline if the Lords Declarant are readily working with Littlefinger instead of actively trying to undermine him...although I suppose Littlefinger has brought so many of them on board by the end of AFFC that that might have been the way the books were going in any event.

Sansa stalking angrily through a corridor? Where is this shot? Do you know which promo it's from or a screenshot? I want to see this.

Archived