(BOOK SPOILERS) Discussing Sansa XI: Lies and Arbor Gold

I'm just hoping that while Sansa acknowledged LF's lust for her, she didn't give in to it. :ack:

We do share that fear. I'm sure she is feeding him lies, but we all know that telling lies can cause one to lie to oneself. That would really be a shit storm.

Also, am I the only one who didn't like Yohn's casting? He looked a little off to me.

And also, does anyone know the status on the SR betrothal?

What was that heavy pendant-thingie she had around her neck - I was wondering if it was a sigil or anything significant?

I will miss the drama of Sansa and Mya and Myranda bringing seizure-prone Robin down the mountains in the wintry weather. I'm still hoping that we'll see Mya and/or Myranda (maybe a composite of the two) next season.

Also, am I the only one who didn't like Yohn's casting? He looked a little off to me.

He certainly doesn't look anything like the book version, I agree. But I liked his performance anyway.

I will miss the drama of Sansa and Mya and Myranda bringing seizure-prone Robin down the mountains in the wintry weather. I'm still hoping that we'll see Mya and/or Myranda (maybe a composite of the two) next season.

The "Vale tour" thing does seem like a way to introduce new locations and supporting characters, but I'm really not sure what to expect from this story.

Everyone is focusing on the Chamber pot line, but I think the die in a bed and dinner table lines are hints too. The bed being one of the speculations for how cersei dies. I'm thinking Jamie or tyrion is going to die at a dinner table now.

What was that heavy pendant-thingie she had around her neck - I was wondering if it was a sigil or anything significant?

I believe it was a mockingbird.

I don't think we will, sadly.

Heh, as it was a bisected circle, it looked like a "No" sign (like the "No" part of a "No smoking" sign). That would be an apt choice for a pendant to show to Littlefinger, sort of like the jewelry equivalent of a chastity belt: "NO ENTRY PERMITTED."

There was a thin, long metal thing dangling at the end of the pendant chain. It looked almost like a fancy silver pen (like Joan from Mad Men's pen necklace), but it couldn't be a pen, obviously. It was awfully modern-looking as a piece of jewelry.

I don't think show Sansa is a maiden anymore.

Based on what?

We do share that fear. I'm sure she is feeding him lies, but we all know that telling lies can cause one to lie to oneself. That would really be a shit storm.

And also, does anyone know the status on the SR betrothal?

It wasn't mentioned, she has the same problem as she has in the books as long as Tryion is alive, she is all ready married, I'm not sure how this is going to play out.

The Dark Phoenix comparison is good, but I see your Dark Phoenix comparison and raise you Dark Willow, another redhead whose hair turned black when she went darkside.

Absolutely love the Dark Willow comparison! I just finished watching Buffy, and Willow was hands down my favorite character. In a lot of ways she could be paralleled to Sansa... not just the hair!

I definitely did not mind the changes in tonight's episode. Definitely think that Sansa only revealed herself to those she needed to be... revealed to. I think she will continue under cover outwardly for now.

In terms of controversial chapter- I'm now thinking it could be Sansa seducing Petyr to get what she wants. As Cersei once said to her (in the show at least, I think) tears aren't a women's only weapon...

In terms of controversial chapter- I'm now thinking it could be Sansa seducing Petyr to get what she wants. As Cersei once said to her (in the show at least, I think) tears aren't a women's only weapon...

Days like this I curse the controversial chapter leak. Why must controversy always imply this?

The Dark Phoenix comparison is good, but I see your Dark Phoenix comparison and raise you Dark Willow, another redhead whose hair turned black when she went darkside.

Oh, she definitely knows.

Nah i saw it as a dove who sits in a cage and doesnt watch whats happening. To the transition of a raven. Always watching. Ravens in this universe are messengers and agents. You know, like before they were demonized as nothing more than carrion birds and creatures of ill tidings. They also have minds of their own or are a part of a greater purpose. While i think Book!Sansa will be more like the falcon of Arryn, the show is using raven imagery. Its still bird imagery however, so that link is still there. (and its neato)

Exactly. I hope she plays him but doesn't give in.

Doubt she will. She know what he wants and shes like "pfff...as if, buddy."

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That was my immediate reaction down to a T!!!

Alas! I need to get my salmon out of the oven. After that....let us discuss this FOR REAL! Because I want to "Speculate with impunity"! :drool:

Hue! I was taking a sabbatical from this forum, but i can come out of hiding a bit to shoot the shit about this plot bomb. Im rolling in it.

I think we might get a Mya or at least someone like that.

Far fetched, D&D would not miss that opportunity for full frontal nudity in an excessive manner.

No. |:

Far fetched, D&D would not miss that opportunity for full frontal nudity in an excessive manner.

I guess it will be argued about, and theres certainly no proof either way,,but it's far from far-fetched. My guess is it will be left ambiguous until season 5, by which time hopefully TWOW will have been released.

I guess it will be argued about, and theres certainly no proof either way,,but it's far from far-fetched. My guess is it will be left ambiguous until season 5, by which time hopefully TWOW will have been released.

No, just no. Seriously though. Something that significant wouldn't be treated as such, at least on TV.

Archived