[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

i see where your coming from...definitely agree would be too weird to see Tywin on the shitter...but the point of it was that was a humiliating death, dead whore on the bed on top of the fact that it was his own son killing him....so im okay with some change, but not too drastic...perhaps still in the bathroom, but washing hands or something...

after the crossbow, he might land on the shitter or something...or skip that part, long as he dies in the bathroom with Shae dead on the bed and Tyrion kills him, i'm okay with it...if dagger/sword instead of crossbow, or just dead body drops on the bathroom floor...

Sneak Preview of Game of "Thrones" Episode 10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPZOh2IfEc

It's too bad Tyrion's beetle-crushing soliloquy was so verbose; at half the length, with a clearer grounding in Tyrion's point of view, it could have been an other Emmy moment. Instead it came across as the work of a promising but unpolished student in a creative writing class. When you make a near miss while attempting literature, you come off as pretentious.

The message was perfectly fine. Tyrion not finishing the story is part of the point - that he still hasn't discovered the answer. One possible interpretation: He feels like people are just playthings for the cruel whims of the gods. Did we need it spelled out for us in a "this is what it means" package?

I thought it was a great moment between Tyrion and Jamie.

The message was perfectly fine. Tyrion not finishing the story is part of the point - that he still hasn't discovered the answer. One possible interpretation: He feels like people are just playthings for the cruel whims of the gods. Did we need it spelled out for us in a "this is what it means" package?

Apparently we did need to have it spelled out, since it took 4 minutes to present this oh so deep message.

I look forward to scenes Jaime, but as soon as this one started I thought "Again? Another cell scene with Tyrion and Jaime?". I would have preferred to see how Tywin, Cersei or the rest of court reacted to the stepping in of Oberyn as champion. Maybe hearing them speculate about the political consequence if Dorne loses his prince...

Who knows what D&D wanted to say? That said, I think there's more to it - illustrated by Jaime trying that interpretation and Tyrion shrugging it off.

Tyrion has an insatiable curiosity and is smart but perhaps he's saying some things he just can't figure out and that's frightening. He will never see or understand some things that define some people. He can see some puzzles have answers that he will not be able to find.

Or it was just a great meme, made more so by fake gravitas ;)

I presume I'm super late on this, but they've pushed the Theon story so far in the show that they can't possibly continue before SEVERAL story lines catch up (are they gonna do at least some kind of fake Arya???) so I wonder if they're just shoving Theon and the Boltons into Winterfell for a while until all the other story lines catch up, which is well into what would be book five. And if they're pacing continues to slow, that could be a while.

• 1 month later...