How would you rate episode 408?

How would you rate episode 408?  

831 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

So much was wrong with that episode, not the least the key part, the duel. They thought they knew better - again - and they fucked it up. That's a 2 for me, lowest since the House of the Undying atrocity.

Wow. I gave it a 10/10.

The trial by combat was very well handled. There were five minutes left before they reached it. But I needn't have worried. They didn't hold back either.

Sansa's changes should simplify her story. The return of the Boltons was well done as well. Very much a parallel of the "Kingsroad" episode back in season 1.

No idea about the whole beetles speech yet. But the good heavily outweighed the bad throughout the episode.

I thought it was a great episode. That means the season is nearly through, however.

Edited by A Man Reads

I'll give it 9 because I was laughing uncontrollably the entire way, Sansa pleasantly surprised me, the duel was cool, Oberyn's death was nicely graphic and bonus point for naked Missandei.

8 because of some great acting, but the plot was bit underwhelming. The duel was great, but the build up to it not so much. I would have wanted something else other than the stupid beetle story. Maybe after finally revealing Oberyn's nickname, they could have explained why he was named thus. Also they omitted the detail about the spear

The duel was great, but not the rest. Why is Tyrion talking about beetles? Why are we spending time developing a new storyline with Mel and Greyworm? Why do these episodes always end early? There is so much to cover and instead of covering we are doing this?

I am tiring of the show, I think D and D are missing it, and getting worse.

9 great episode, but some scenes/storylines could have been done better.

Too much time wasted on beetles and grey worm/missandei.

The Arya/Hound scene feel ended a bit weird. And Moat Cailin was rushed IMO.

Anyways the duel and the Eyrie makes this episode for me. Better than I expected :thumbsup:

Edited by franko99

A solid ten. The duel ended as gruesomely and gut-wrenchingly as in ASOS. Emilia really pulled off the banishment and Sophie rocked her trial scene. Roose has returned and that is worth celebration in itself.

Also. NATHALIE EMMANUEL.

No poison on the end of the spear??? Although anyone catch littlefingers line "some people die hovering over their chamber pot"...but still no poison???? ...and i feel like they undersold oberyns nickname like they had so many times to mention it!...idk im still up in the air...

The duel was great, but not the rest. Why is Tyrion talking about beetles? Why are we spending time developing a new storyline with Mel and Greyworm? Why do these episodes always end early? There is so much to cover and instead of covering we are doing this?

I am tiring of the show, I think D and D are missing it, and getting worse.

The beetles were a metaphor for human self destruction. Wars and murder. We are the 'moron' who can't stop destroying ourselves. I thought it was apt at this point in the show.

I give this episode an 8 overall. We moved the plot forward nicely with Jorah's excommunication and Oberyn's death. I agree I am a bit confused about why we are spending so much time on Greyworm, but there may be a justified reason, I'm not counting that as a negative yet.

Wrestled with the score for this one, and I've decided that I'm just going to go all in with it -- it's a 6 for me. That's the third episode I've rated a 6 across the whole series.

Why? Littlefinger, the man without a plan, dimishing the character yet further, and needlessly. Dark Queen Sansa, so ham-fisted. Arya's reveal, and the sinking feeling that the next time we see the Hound and Arya they'll be trudging back down the high road unmolested with no one think that maybe they should inform Robin Arryn or Petyr Baelish. The endless Orson speech. The heartfelt promise that he wouldn't die, telegraphing that he was indeed going to die. The horribly frenetic editing of the fight scene, the direction choices that left it impersonal, the choreography that necessitated so much stunt double work which meant less intimate scenes and poor pacing. It just was not good at all. For what should have been the most memorable fight scene in the novels, they turned in something that was, frankly, forgettable up to the final moment.

The good stuff: the attack on Mole's Town, the Missandei-Grey Worm material, the Sansa and Littlefinger dialog after she revealed herself to the Vale lords, Moat Cailin, Pedro Pascal's performance.

8/10

The fight was pretty much a 1:1 copy from the books. Maybe a little abridged, but that is TV. The guy who played the Mountain was actually pretty decent (if he spoke the lines.) I'm going to miss Pedro so much.

Sansa scenes very good and I prefer this change. They might still bring in Harry the Heir when Petyr decides Robin is fucked regardless.

Theon scenes were okay. Really gutted about there being no mention of Vic etc, although I won't mind if the King's moot is cut.

Dany scene and Grey Worm x Missandei were meh to bleh. A little meaningless and Emilia's acting was mediocre. Jorah and Barristan were good though...

This has been a shocking episode, my dear... Oberyn's death was too much for me... the Mountain... he... But I like it and I want to know the future of the Hound and what is going to happen with Arya now, I mean she is at the Eyrie, and that did not happened in the books

8/10

And that's mostly because of the duel. The rest of the episode was pretty underwhelming. I liked Arya laughing, Tyrion's speech (meta tip: Orson is GRRM and the beetles are the characters), and the Vale stuff. And there was nothing wrong with Theon/Boltons. But the rest was way too dull and filler-y. I legit could not stand the Missiandei/Grey Worm stuff (which was goddamn endless), Jorah's exile did not seem well-handled, the check-in at the Wall was okay but pointless, same with the attack on Mole's Town.

Usually when I glance up at the clock and see that its (roughly) 9:30, I think "wow, how is it only 9:30? So much has happened!" this time I thought "wow, how is it already 9:30? There's been nothing going on"