How would you rate episode 408?

How would you rate episode 408?  

831 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

The fight was great. I actually enjoy the Grey Wom/Messindei story line. It fleshes those characters out. Not sure how I feel about the Sansa changes. Maybe she is going to be a lot darker than I thought. Theon's story was done well/

Did not enjoy the beetle speech. So 7.5/10 for me, I will bump it to an 8.

The fight was amazing (Even though I had to look away at the end.) I loved the Sansa changes. That moment when Theon started muttering Reek over and over again then the guy getting an axe in the head was good. Arya laughing hysterically was funny.

The Grey Worm parts were kinda terrible IMO.

So....8.5/10

Ran I also rated this episode a 6 and agree with most of your assessment except the Grey Worm - Missandei scenes. Grey Worm is both unsullied and a eunuch. Only in the PC world of HBO would D&D create a sexual tension where none should never exist.

Ran I also rated this episode a 6 and agree with most of your assessment except the Grey Worm - Missandei scenes. Grey Worm is both unsullied and a eunuch. Only in the PC world of HBO would D&D create a sexual tension where none should never exist.

What's PC about that again? Seems like a really weird place to bring up PC.

9 or 8 just because I don't care for the budding grey worm relationship aspect, though maybe 10 because Missendei is smoking.

It was a great episode, and it's FUN to be surprised and not follow the book exactly. Plus I'm liking this Sansa a lot more than her book counter part already. She's interesting. I feel like book purists are giving it a low score. I mean if you didn't like this episode what are you watching for? There's only going to be more deviations and spoilers ahead.

Edited by KalibakCruel

I feel sorry for the complainers. That was probably the best episode of the season. The duel was fantastic. They nailed it. 10/10

Agreed.

It must suck to always be disappointed.

This was such a good episode. Great reactions all over the net from Sullied and Unsullied both.

There are Unsullied who go to whore houses just to cuddle in the books. Is it really that different with Missandei and Grey Worm? Not saying I like their story but saying it's wholly D&D's fault is stupid.

Are we rating these shows compared to the books or compared to other TV shows?

People giving it 1-5 are being ridiculous.

There are no rules but the ones you make.

I rated 9/10, thought the duel was well-acted, well choreographed, and well-written. Ian Glen, Maise Williams, Roy McCann, Sophie Turner, and Nathalie Emmanuel were terrific, even the beetle speech is growing on me the more I think about it. There are nits to pick as always, but it was a fantastic hour of television.

I thought the outcome of that duel was worse than the Red Wedding, it genuinely was hard for me to watch and I thought the Red Wedding wasn't as bad as people say it was.

By worse I mean hard to watch... I knew it was coming but I thought somehow... it can be quick.

Edited by zJordan

They have likely changed the Unsullied to not be entirely cut, I'm guessing. And Farinelli seemed to do all right with his love life despite being the most famous castrato singer of his age, so... yeah, we'll see how they go with it, but I don't mind a romance, even if it might be essentially platonic.

My highest rated episode of the season. I gave it a 9. There were so many fantastically acted scenes (Alifie Allen as Theon/Reek, Jorah's banishment, Sansa during the trial and the END omg.)

The beetle monologue was just wtf though?

Missendei and Greyworm are very endearing, but again ... it would have been nice if they used that time to build up the actual TITLE of the episode.

I began crying just as the fight began, and finished the episode bawling my eyes out!! I thought the fight was gut wrenching and so sad, but the rest of the episode was very strange. Sana's story had changed so much from the book, that I thought Oberyn might actually win the fight! For a second...

Gave it 9.

I loved all the plotlines this episode. The writing was top notch for D&D (the rest of their episodes this season were mediocre for me). I agree with ran regarding the editing of the fight scene, but it still was effective.

No idea why people are complaining about the beetle speech. Feels like to me that people were just mad that it replaced the oberyn/Tyrion scene with the poisoned spear. The speech had humor, pathos, and a great fucking metaphor.

Also to the poisoned spear not being mentioned... It was set up with the hound/arya scene and will obviously pay off in episode 10. I think the show did it better then the book honestly. Knowing the spear was poisoned before the fight began always took out all investment for me... Cause either way the mountain would die. Boring.

Sansas acting was top notch. Sophie turners acting as Sansa acting was also top notch :)

It was only a 9 out of 10 cause the whole jorah pardon strained credibility for me.

Edited by Dirk blitzen

I voted a 7, but I debated giving it a 6. The fight was amazing, but there were other parts of this episode I didn't care for. FYI - I am not a book reader. I was not interested in the Grey Worm romance, the Bolton stuff was kind of dull, and the Beetle story went on too long with no payoff. The Jorah banishment felt rushed. As far as Dany knows, Jorah was still spying on her because he made no mention of ever stopping. Even it would have made no difference, I would have rather seen him try to defend himself than one of the Grey Worm scenes. I really expected better.

After some thought, going with an 8/10.

The duel was fantastic and had me litterally at the edge of my seat. I think they pulled it off perfectly. Can't quite get that image of Oberyn's smushed head out of my mind. The Sansa stuff was handled well too. The only things lowering my score are the Grey Worm/Missandei scenes which just totally took me out of it, and the Tyrion Beetle speech. I ususally love any extra Tyrion stuff, but the story dragged on and had me looking at the time.