"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode [NO SPOILERS]

Oh boy... where to begin...

- protective and clever Gilly
- stare down between Ygritte and Gilly
- Sam looked heartbroken
- the other brothers being really supportive - just goes to show how close these guys have become

- naked Unsullied :drool:
- naked Missandei :drool:
- Missandei + Grey Worm - I love those two together, although now I'm really afraid that something awful is going to happen to one of them

- Ramsay's squid analogy
- Moat Cailin looks very nice and atmospheric
- Theon clearly struggling when telling his story to the IB
- "he'll be just as he was with me" - oh boy
- shot of flayed iron born - great (and very disturbing - I'm glad I was halfway through my dinner already)

- The conversation between Roose and Ramsay was really good, particularly with the call back to the convo with Theon: who are you really?

- Sansa telling the truth, spiced with a few lies to get the perfect outcome - well played!

D&D skipping over the bulk of Sansa's AFFC arc.

- Agreed. This is good news.

- "they die in their beds [Robert Baratheon], they die at their dinner tables [Joffrey], they die squatting over their chamber pots [this is going to be great]"
- Sansa's dress :eek:

- everything about Jorah's banishment - from Barristan doing the honorable thing by coming to Jorah first, to Jorah trying to save his hide and Dany being unable to look him in the eye when she accuses him

- also: beautiful background shot of Meereen

- the Hound's wound still giving him trouble
- the look on the his face when he found out that Lysa's dead + Arya's laugh

- Jaime + Tyrion = treasure trove of humor :)
- the beetle analogy almost made me cry, because it kind of sneaks up on you, but when you think about it...
- "you could at least wear a helmet" - oh god, Tyrion, why did you have to tempt fate... WHYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
- "I'm going to kill that" :cheers:
- Martell costumes looking really good
- rejoice book readers - all your favorite lines are in :cheers:
- Oberyns death was so gory, I had to look away. Thank the gods I had finished dinner. I'm actually still kind of queasy. How did that not get a "graphic violence" warning? :crying: :ack:

Arya laughing. I laughed with her.

It was nice seeing the brotherhood/friendship within the NW. Scenes with 'Jon's gang' (Sam, Grenn, Ed and Pyp) are always good, yet too few.

Oberyn pointing at Tywin

Sansa being manipulative during the trial.

Roose speaking about how the North is his (implying it will be Ramsay's one day *shivers*) and then marching towards Winterfell with those hideous banners that scream 'we are sick, sadistic gits.' I wanted to punch them and scream 'Get away from Winterfell, it belongs to the Stark!' so yeah, love hating these guys! I really get the impression that the North has been usurped by the worst possible people (opposite of the Starks)

The sad Mysha soundtrack as Jorah leaves Mereen.

The dark visuals of Moat Cailin

Arya laughing. I laughed with her.

It was nice seeing the brotherhood/friendship within the NW. Scenes with 'Jon's gang' (Sam, Grenn, Ed and Pyp) are always good, yet too few.

Oberyn pointing at Tywin

Sansa being manipulative during the trial.

Roose speaking about how the North is his (implying it will be Ramsay's one day *shivers*) and then marching towards Winterfell with those hideous banners that scream 'we are sick, sadistic gits.' I wanted to punch them and scream 'Get away from Winterfell, it belongs to the Stark!' so yeah, love hating these guys! I really get the impression that the North has been usurped by the worst possible people (opposite of the Starks)

The sad Mysha soundtrack as Jorah leaves Mereen.

The dark visuals of Moat Cailin

Everyone keeps talking about Oberyn's squished head but how bout the super flayed iron born fatty, flayed to gills where you can see his lungs inside his rib cage. YIPES.

I really enjoyed meeting the Vale lords. I won't provide any book spoilers, but their interaction with Sansa and Littlefinger struck me as much more authentic. When Robb Stark was proclaimed king and when Cately went to meet Renly, the lords were really just background characters. Tonight we got much more personality and character from them than we normally do in the series.

Also, I liked Arya's laughing. It made me laugh too!

You know what I loved about this episode? Everything.

Yeah im pretty down with just about everything too.

Best Cersei episode.

:V

Gilly being all "fuck you bitch and shut your whore mouth."

Grey Worm is all "mmhmm.. Well...now im thinking about things and im confused."

Missandei being all "lol! Hai! Oh wait..."

Dany almost chiding Missandei about hiding her shame. ;) I loved that to be honest.

"Khaleesi---" "DONT CALL ME THAT!" Thanks, Dany. Thanks. You've earned the cookie.

The camera pans on Jorah's maps were neato.

Moat Cailin looking appropriately like a fucking smelly shithole. Everyone all sick and pustules and you KNOW theres bogdevils in there. Shit yeah!

Ramsay being all "Omfg hellz yes. Father, im gonna be awesome i swear!" and Roose being all "yeah whatever. *stoic face*"

Sansa telling the not-Truth and kicking ass like a...<beat> Kung Fu Movie Guy! (Haiiii-yaahh!)

Bronze Yohn is awesome and Lady Waynwood is exactly what i had in mind.

Alayne's hair.

Sansa being like "yeah i know what you want....sucker~"

Edd having lines.

"My condolences. Lady Lysa died three days ago." Arya: *maniacal laughter* Sandor: "O.o"

Tyrion's beetle story was cool with me. (cuz i you know...got it.)

Jaime: "Maester [insert name here]...he tried to touch me once." Um lel.

Oberyn's spear spinning like a bawss.

Smush smush goes the Oberyn dome.

I really loved this episode.

I’ve never posted on here before, though I’ve been reading this forum and watching the show since season 1. But I loved so many things about this episode; I just had to write something.

I was thinking about the Tyrion/Jaime conversation about how there’s a word for every kind of killing, and kind of ticking off in my head how many we’ve seen so far, and then it hit me: Jaime killed his cousin, Alton, back in S2. And here he immediately brought up that there’s no word for cousin-killing, like even though the psychological aftermath of that scene was never really explored on-screen, it’s still been haunting him all this time. I found that really poignant.

I also liked Ramsay’s line to “Reek” about identity: “Remember what you are, and what you’re not.” I think that the theme of lost identity or “forgetting what you are” was kind of stitched through this entire episode. On one hand we have people who do seem to “remember what they are”: Sansa reveals who she is; Arya reveals who she is; and Reek kind of goes back to Theon (if what’s who he really is). On the other hand we have people who don’t remember who they are: Theon, again, who is now Reek; Oberyn, who convinces himself that he is invincible, only to be proved horribly wrong; and Ramsay himself, who is given this new identity as a Bolton. The bastard connection especially is so fascinating because Ramsay’s advice to Reek is really just a twisted version of Tyrion’s advice to Jon in S1 (i.e. “Let me tell you something, Bastard. Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.”)

Arya's crazy laughter was funny but when the fuck is this thing with the Hound going to end?? Enough already!

Theon and Ramsay

Indira Varma's perfect costume and her perfect hair and .... she's just perfect.

Oberyn's death was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen , I'm still nauseous , ughh

Gaaaah this thread stems my "are you not entertained?!??!" rage.

To note a few less-mentioned....

Theon's heartbreaking "can we go home?" OMG Alfie Allen you can't just do this to me!

The Ironborn guy turning on his "staunch and stupid" commander. Sry Theon, it wasn't "just you"...just your Starkish desire for a glorious last stand. Loved the parallel...what was left of Theon seemed to see his corpse and see the ghost of himself, and realize how foolish he was not to book it.

Ehee, Ramsay sinking to his knees before Roose....put me in the middle of that sandwich.... :blushing:

"I need a bath." You get yer bath....I hope Winterfell has a Harrenhal-style tub arrangement :devil: Oh the character drama!

SANSA! Fucking Sansa, mah bb girl growing up.I loved her demure shakedown of Baelish. "Yeah, dood, I saved your ass and don't you forget I have a thousand-year-old name and you have a Braavosi grandpa."

Archived