"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode [NO SPOILERS]

Dark Sansa, holy crap. So good. Roose being his typical BAMF self. Oberyn's mask of cocky swagger boiling over into rage and bloodlust, followed by the horrendous reversal. The fight itself was meh for me but the emotional notes were perfectly executed.

Arya's laugh (which I took mainly to be at the Hound's expense), and the brotherly interactions between Tyrion and Jaime.

Arya's laugh (which I took mainly to be at the Hound's expense)

Part of it really was schadenfraude on her part. "lololol you dont get yer ransom! SUCKER~" But also her going "dude, all this traveling and bullshit and that bitch is dead. Fucking...looooool"

The fight and the ending. Damn, Oberyn's screaming will give me nightmares. Pedro Pascal gave one hell of a performance. Kudos.

Sansa's new look and her "truths".

Arya LOL'ing at Lysa's death.

And also, for some reason, Ramsay, Reek and Roose riding for Winterfell gave me goosebumps. I guess it just felt good seeing the good ol' place again after a season-long absense.

The Ramsey Snow/Bolton and Theon Greyjoy/Reek finally going "full circle" and wrapped with a bow at this point.

Theon, going from Prince of the IB, to Reek which obviously been going on for a while now. Last episode or two, the sister states her brother is dead when she was running back to the boat from the failed rescue. I don't feel too sorry for Theon given the bbq job he did in Winterfell to those farmer's children.

On the other hand, Ramsey has gone from being a Snow (aka bastard child) to gradually gain favor with his dad, Lord Bolton. This episode Ramsey Snow is now a recognized Bolton and became warden of the north.

One has been losing everything while the other gained everything. It feels like Ramsey just took it from Theon. Don't get me wrong, Ramsey is a sick SOB but I just thought it was pulled together well.

The Mountain and Red Viper Battle was epic. The details used when The Mountain was giving the Viper the eye message was pretty cool (Viper's teeth truly looked jacked up). The battle was well choreographed. I thought the tie went to the runner as they both died (like in baseball) but I guess that's not the case with poor Tyrion (talk about taking defeat from the jaws of victory- definately a swing of emotions there for the Imp). Sersei's look was pretty cool at that point as she looked like she just ate a Snicker's Bar (Snicker's satifies).

Sansa's dye job....looks like she's finally "womaning up" from being a "little girl" mentally (catapillar to butterfly). I'm a little worried about her though after hearing Littlefinger's little speech about Sansa not really knowing him as well as she thinks she does.

Also, wth is up with the villagers? I thought they knew wildlings were around attacking other villages. Why were they getting drunk and unprepared for an attack? Let's see...get drunk, get killed and become a hors derve for the Thenn?...get the hell out of the village and hide in the woods?....have a watch and prepare for battle? I don't know but the last two options seem more appealing than option 1.

Overall a very good episode.

- Basically the entire cutting of Sansa's AFFC arc. Thank you.

- While Sophie Turner has been great all season, this was by far my favourite Sansa episode.

- Arya's laughter. I don't even... just too dark, cute, funny, all rolled into one.

- Dany dealing with Jorah. Them feels.

- Missandei and Grey Worm, love this addition.

- Oh, and the duel was fantastic, except for... you know. Me hating George all over again.

I haven't seen the episode yet (I must wait till today afternoon :-( ), only watched the Roose/Ramsay scene on yt (because I missed Roose and was too curious); Boltons + Reek + huge army riding to Winterfell gave me so goosebumps and I also loved their dialogue, somehow it really reminded me on Simba/Mufasa at the beginning of "The Lion's King" :D

-Roose: "Look, Ramsay. Everything the light touches is our kingdom."

-Ramsay: "Wow."

-Roose: "A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Ramsay, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king."

-Ramsay: "And this'll all be mine?"

-Roose: "Everything."

-Ramsay: "Everything the light touches..."

XD

I really quite loved it when Arya started cackling on news of Lysa's death.

Really quite a perfect way to express both her, and viewers' frustration at all the near-reunions that keep getting messed up by events. It made it possible for the show to get away with yet another missed reunion, and also have us fear for Arya's sanity after all she has been through.

- Oberyn's sneaky little line about Tyrion being in a fighting pit. Hehe....

- Littlefinger's sneaky line about dying on a chamber pot. Lawwwlll....

- The extended single take at the start of the episode in the brothel. That was nice and unexpected.

- And of course, Nathalie Emmanuel. My goodness, that woman.... :drool:

ETA: Also, the actor that plays Roose seriously owns every scene he is in, however short. I could listen to him talk all day. The scene where Barristan goes to Jorah with the letter was quite powerful to. The slow look of dread of Jorah's face was very tragic.

One of my favourite episodes of Game of thrones so far!

I loved Oberyn's fighting style, the easy confidence combined with utter hatred that pedro portrayed was sublime. I really am going to miss him and i felt genuine sadness for hours after i watched it.

Ellaria's scream at the end was amazing

Watching the lannister children's reaction during the fight, particarly Jaime when oberyn stabbed him

I didn't think the beetle speech was a waste at all, i thought it was so Tyrion but also reflected the mountain i thought.

Also NKW my darling you and your melancholy looks at tyrion give me so many feelings. Episode ten will kill my soul.

I loved Arya's scene. On first watch i laughed because of how funny it was, but on the second watch it made me really really sad. Arya has gotten so dark and that was her last hope to be with family and it was just extinguished brutally. Yet she is so far gone she can only laugh hysterically.

Sansa's scenes. Wow. I have never felt such creeps watching GOT before. I never even got these vibes from the books (excepting pedofinger lusts). It kind of feels like she's luring him on and nothing freaks me out more. I loved the introduction of the lords declarant. I have been missing straight noble characters in the series so Anya Waynwood and Bronze Yohn Royce are welcome to me.

I have just been loving the wall scenes this season too, even though they have been largely uneventful. I have gone from really disliking Kit Harrington to looking forward to all his scenes. This scene gave me so much hype for next week.

Roose and Ramsey's scene was awesome. Michael is such a powerful actor and Iwan is so creepy looking. It was strange on surface value the scene seems like a heartfelt exchange between father and son. Knowing who they are its so incongruous.

ALFIE!! Not enough credit is given to this awesome actor.

I also really liked the opening scene. Some funny dialogue, really immersive and then some fun wildlings

I loved the no eye contact thing, too!

Emilia catches a lot of flack for her acting (sometimes warranted) but I thought she did a great job with this scene. Ian was excellent as per usual.

Archived