(BOOK SPOILERS) Predictions

furiousmoose0

I dont think there will be any more scenes between LF and Sansa, and if there is it will be very brief, there is more important scenes to focus on that have not been mentioned yet.

Tyrion escape and killing Tywin. Bran will have to be in this episode as we have hardly seen him at all. I gather they will go back to Dany as they always end up there, but I guess she will be locking up her dragons.

I think the final shot will be of Lady Stoneheart, I think it will take viewers by surprise to see her they will not be expecting it at all.

If its not rushed then I hope there is a Stannis scene in there somewhere!

This is all I ask for :)

Ooh and Arya leaving the hound to carry on with her journey :)

why most of you are saying that brianne and pod will meet arya and the hound ??? they never meet in the book

Because you can see Brienne's shoulder and very distinct armor in the promo when they show Arya and the Hound facing off against somebody. That's why.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got as much as half an hour of KL this episode. And maybe as much as fifteen minutes at the Wall.

BTW this is their Emmy submission for best writing so, they clearly think highly of "the Children". Also for "best prosthetics" which makes sense since we'll see the titular squirrely fellows along with BR and hopefully...hopefully LSH.

^We'll know whether or not we get LSH when the recap comes. For the last two weeks that been on Tuesday. I think we also get the soundtrack tomorrow too. And maybe promo pics. So in Tormund's words "we'll find out soon enough".

^We'll know whether or not we get LSH when the recap comes. For the last two weeks that been on Tuesday. I think we also get the soundtrack tomorrow too. And maybe promo pics. So in Tormund's words "we'll find out soon enough".

I highly doubt they will mention anything about LSH in the recap. I think they want full secrecy for that sequence to maximize its effect.

Have they ever done that before though? Omitted something from the preview for effect? Then again I'm not sure anything has been as surprising as that.

Maybe not entire plotlines but certainly guest character appearances that they wanted to keep a secret. Like Drogo showing up in S2 finale or Balon and Yara appearing in S3 finale. The preview would show stuff associated with the stories they were involved with (Dany HOTU and Theon getting dick cut off) but not anything that directly suggested they would show up.

If Brienne is going to be the one who runs into LSH, the "Previously On" would focus on her but there's be nothing about Catelyn. My best guess is that they could flash back to Jaime giving Brienne oathkeeper and talking about finding Sansa, or even the line about Arya not being seen and presumed dead. That doesn't give anything explicit away but remind the audience of Brienne's oath to Catelyn.

I'd be very surprised if we saw anything BwB or Cat-related in the "Previously On" because it's such an automatic spoiler.

What would be a bigger cliff hanger, LS or Tyrion/Tywin/Shae?

The Hand wears a pin in the show rather than a chain... how are they going to do the Shae scene? Lannister necklace? Stabbed to death with a pin, perhaps?

Tyrion gave her a gold chain. She rejected it, though. So my guess is that it was left in Tyrion's old bedchambers and Tywin kept it and gave it to Shae when she started visiting him. Tyrion will recognize it.

Maybe not entire plotlines but certainly guest character appearances that they wanted to keep a secret. Like Drogo showing up in S2 finale or Balon and Yara appearing in S3 finale. The preview would show stuff associated with the stories they were involved with (Dany HOTU and Theon getting dick cut off) but not anything that directly suggested they would show up.

If Brienne is going to be the one who runs into LSH, the "Previously On" would focus on her but there's be nothing about Catelyn. My best guess is that they could flash back to Jaime giving Brienne oathkeeper and talking about finding Sansa, or even the line about Arya not being seen and presumed dead. That doesn't give anything explicit away but remind the audience of Brienne's oath to Catelyn.

I'd be very surprised if we saw anything BwB or Cat-related in the "Previously On" because it's such an automatic spoiler.

I'd say it's possible they can show something BwB related without spoiling unsullied viewers. They definitely should not show Cat though.

Knowing D&D by now, it's probably going to be something like

Dany & Daario - 10 minutes

Dany & Missandei - 10 minutes

Dany & Barristan - 5 Minutes

Dany alone - 5 Minutes

Missandei & Grey worm - 10 minutes

Chaining dragons - 10 minutes

Everything else - 15 minutes.

This so deserves a Chuck Norris thumbs up gif...

The preview makes it feel like there will be a good amount of Wall stuff (I feel like it might kick off the episode since Jon walking out to Mance is the most imminent feeling event) Will they jump around or stick with each of the main story lines for 12-15 minutes?

They're most likely to jump around with Tyrion since there's definitely some Jaime/Cersei/Tywin stuff.. hopefully not too drawn out but it is important to setting up Tyrion which will probably be the last event of the episode aside from LSH which I think will have more of an epilogue feel anyway..

If I had to wager a guess I'd think that the actually bit with Daenerys Targ locking up her dragons won't be more than 3 minutes simply because of how expensive that is frame by frame.. the bulk of her stuff will be the event leading up to that. I think there will be some dialogue between her and Barristan, likely him being proud of her, reminding him of the good ol' days with Pops etc. before the goat herder comes in and she will likely turn to Barristan for advice on it.

Most interested to see how the Bran/Bloodraven stuff plays out - anticipating some heavy CGI upon arrival w/ the Children & wights etc.. will probably only get a very brief introduction to BR; cliffhanger type thing that leads directly into his story next season.

What would be a bigger cliff hanger, LS or Tyrion/Tywin/Shae?

The Hand wears a pin in the show rather than a chain... how are they going to do the Shae scene? Lannister necklace? Stabbed to death with a pin, perhaps?

I don't know that Tyrion/Tywin/Shae is a cliffhanger, per se.. but it will be the most talked about moment of the episode/season I think.. does it detract from the shock factor of other events? Sure.. but is there any logical way around it? probably not (tis the only reason I was hoping for Stannis last episode, not because I thought the story dictated that he had to be in that episode)

Here's my prediction's for the episode, so the episode is 66 minutes long, depending on how long the recap is I see the actual episode ranging from 61 to 63 minutes.

Jon/Stannis: Show should open up with him trying to sneak into Mance's army, getting captured, talking with Mance then Stannis comes and saves the day. I think they end it there and come back later in the show and in one of the last scenes of the episode Stannis offers Winterfell to Jon and they leave his story at that.

Brienne & Pod: It looks like to me they are going to run into Arya and the Hound (from the preview) and Brienne will fight with the Hound. I don't think she will kill him because also in the preview it shows a man in armor rolling down a hill and that looks like the Hound to me, still alive. Also if they have Lady Stoneheart at the end, which I believe they will, I think somehow some Frey's get involved but mainly the BWB will intervene and take Brienne and Pod to Lady Stoneheart. Then the last scene of the episode will be the big reveal.

Arya & The Hound: (See About). This to me is the easiest one to predict, after they fight whoever Arya gives the Hound the Gift of mercy and then boards the ship to Bravos. I see Arya having three different scenes.

Kings Landing: This is the scenes between Jaime/Cersi, Twyin/Cersi, Jaime/Varys, info on The Mountain and any others the may include. I think these scenes will be split apart in the episode leading up to the big event in Kings Landing.

Tyrion: Again pretty easy to predict, his breaking out and heading up to the Tower of the Hand to kill Shae and Tywin. How he actually kills those two is another prediction however. I think it will be interesting to see if they have Vary's tell him exactly where he is heading (to Dany) to get non-book readers all jacked up about next season. The final scene with Tyrion I believe will be the second to last scene of the season.

Dany: I think she will have a few scenes all at once, seeing the bones of the child, capturing her dragons and then chaining them up. I want to say this is going to take 10 minutes but I don't think it will. She has really been on the back burner all season long IMO. This will also be one of the final scenes.

Bran: I think his scene will be in the second half of the episode maybe right after Jon get's offered the wall? The White Walkers and Bloodraven is going to be awesome.

The final scene it think will be LS, no way they don't do that. Maybe the will show Rickon? or Balon? Don't think we're gonna see Sansa or Theon, they finished their stories in episode 8.

They have a lot to cover in this episode and I think they will cut time that Dany and Arya will get on screen to make room for everything. I don't see any character getting more then 10 minutes this episode but then again, i'm probably wrong. Also I think they are going to do a lot of jumping around and not just having one 8-10 minute part of the episode dedicated to one character and then move on to the next like have done sometimes this season. I think all the Kings Landing scenes will almost act as buffer scenes between the big events.

The Hound can't get killed by Brienne or anyone else. He may still have a larger role to play in the books. I don't think we will be seeing Dalla or Val, which sucks because I love the character of Val. I don't think they were cast this season, or we would have heard before the season started. So that means Mance may not have his baby in this series.

According to the book isn't the proper wording 'the Hound is left to die' , I don't remember that he actually DIES on page.

Knowing D&D by now, it's probably going to be something like

Dany & Daario - 10 minutes

Dany & Missandei - 10 minutes

Dany & Barristan - 5 Minutes

Dany alone - 5 Minutes

Missandei & Grey worm - 10 minutes

Chaining dragons - 10 minutes

Everything else - 15 minutes.

That would be the best episode ever!

Have they ever done that before though? Omitted something from the preview for effect? Then again I'm not sure anything has been as surprising as that.

Yes. They deliberately left Shae out of the "previously on" recap for Tyrion's trial, to maximize the surprise of her showing up.

Archived