[Book Spoilers] Nitpick With Impunity

Its here its here :commie: thanks for making the thread

Two main complaints

-Beetles

-Missendei/Grey Worm

So same as you. I felt both scenes were pretty poor and really lessened the episode.

I still feel like D&D are pretty shitty at dialogue when they stray away from the novels. This ep didn't change that

Grey Worm romance does nothing for me

Sansa's speech to the Vale Lords was boring and tedious to me.

Sansa's dress looked like she was auditioning to be a Disney witch.

The Mountain had literally the worst helmet available. Leaves the face wide open and falls off easily.

Went and got a drink during the Beetle talk. Bored.

Jon trying to comfort Sam by saying he could not have known. Of course he could. If you want to say that give it to Grenn, not the one who is supposed to be smart.

Sean Bean in the credits reminds me of what the show has been missing since season 1. Reminds me of Mark Addy, too. Very sad.

Theon not being the one to kill the commander.

Greyworm and Missandei is annoying, its like the show allways has to have some sort of cliche romance (although to be fair a eunuch isn't cliche). I may take this back later however if it is effectively used in the season 5 plot.

Didn't like how Arya was outright revealed. As if the guards are just going to let them go after that, and they are most certainly going to tell Baelish which opens a whole can of worms.

Didn't like how they didn't rewrite the duel so Oberyn doesn't die :crying:

This is really nitpicky but i wish they said 'first i killed her screaming whelp, then i raped her, then i smashed her fucking head in, like this". I thought the delivery was a bit off. Only niggled me on second watch because i was too busy despairing on my first.

Albeit there are several sequences that bothered me, I'm doing this thread namely for the beetles dialogue. The Meereen filler wasn't one of their best either.

Hahaha, I was going to start this thread and name it The Beetle Edition if you hadn't beat me to it. WTF? I actually find the beetle thing to be bigger than a nitpick, but I digress. Some scene needed to give and go to give us a bit of the Tyrion and Oberyn prefight stuff.

Beatles, not beetles.......ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

^what Batman said about Sansa's dress. I was thinking exactly the same. Disney witch with a touch of S&M.

I do wish they would have made the fight at the end a little longer. I didn't like the little insertions of Dinklage's concerned face while Oberyn was standing over the downed Mountain talking trash. I knew what was coming, but felt like this might be telegraphing it a bit much.

People seem to love it, but I thought Arya's laugh sounded forced and fake, which I'm about 99% sure it was.

Most of these are really just minor nitpicks, overall, I loved the episode.

• It still pisses me off how they leave out the Eyrie from the opening credits. But we have MC which was unexpected for me and welcome addition.
  • where did Arya and Sandor leave their horses? and what are they going to do now?
  • revealing Arya's identity for everyone to hear
  • no mention of crannogmen or bog devils
  • Boltons heading to WF yet still no mention of fArya, are they dropping this plot? And btw. Roose should find the razor, hope he will use one at WF ;)
  • Roose suddenly deciding that Locke's mission was unimportant anyway, WTF?
  • Beetles - now I am starting to understand what that dialoque meant, but still, I would have placed it sooner in the episode. The way they did it had me freaked out about the time left for the duel.
  • Greyworm and Mel - I just don't care about them
  • that guard at the gate said Lysa died 3 days ago....so in 3 days, the lords of the Vale got message about her death, had time to make their way to the Eyrie, hear LF and Sansa out and make their decisions? seems like too short a time for me...
  • Thank Gods attack on the Wall is in next episode. They've been drawing it out for far too long. Mance moves at a snail pace and I am afraid that the unsullied viewers lost interest in this storyline already.

-Missendei/Grey Worm

-Littlefinger being put into Sansa's hands

-Arya and the Hound turning up at the bloody gate, how the hell is that going to work? If they go back without an opposing force from the Vale that's just horrible writing.

-Beetle convo went on for too long

-Dany scenes were horrible as usual

-Jaime smirking at every shot in the duel, the fuck is so funny?

-Tywin sentencing Tyrion to death. Should have just left it with silence like the books

-Tyrions fucked up expression at the end was just confusing as hell. It looks like someone took candy away from him.

Hahaha, I was going to start this thread and name it The Beetle Edition if you hadn't beat me to it. WTF? I actually find the beetle thing to be bigger than a nitpick, but I digress. Some scene needed to give and go to give us a bit of the Tyrion and Oberyn prefight stuff.

Beatles, not beetles.......ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

I think it was bigger than a nitpick too (it was downright problematic). My only guess is Tyrion's going to mention his cousin's name instead of Moon Boy to Jaime in E10. According to the "inside the episode," the beetle moment was Tyrion's way of being like, "man, what does it all mean?" I feel there were probably better ways to get that across.

Also, very small nitpick, but in the tavern when the prostitute was burping a song, and the guy guessed Rains of Castamere, and then was told to guess again, the other guy immediately was like "Bear and the Maiden Fair!" And all I could think was "oh, I know what song--the only other one in Westeros!" It's not like it would have confused audience members if someone had shouted out "Ballad of Danny" or something. The scene wasn't super important.

Sorry, the music has been my nitpick all season long.

I think it was bigger than a nitpick too (it was downright problematic). My only guess is Tyrion's going to mention his cousin's name instead of Moon Boy to Jaime in E10. According to the "inside the episode," the beetle moment was Tyrion's way of being like, "man, what does it all mean?" I feel there were probably better ways to get that across.

Also, very small nitpick, but in the tavern when the prostitute was burping a song, and the guy guessed Rains of Castamere, and then was told to guess again, the other guy immediately was like "Bear and the Maiden Fair!" And all I could think was "oh, I know what song--the only other one in Westeros!" It's not like it would have confused audience members if someone had shouted out "Ballad of Danny" or something. The scene wasn't super important.

Yes! I was literally coming onto this thread to say that. When I was watching the scene I'm like "well yeah no shit, there's only one other song in this world apparently."

I was hoping for a rendition of The Dornishman's Wife this episode, and didn't get any :(

I even understood that and other angles of the 'beetle barding' but I still spent most of that scene watching the clock, rolling my eyes at the times and places where D&D feel the need to try and 'write,' and bitching that even with all that......it was going on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

And LOL at the only other song in Westeros. My dumb ass was actually shouting out for The Dornishman's Wife and hoping it might come up. I never learn do I? Or........is it that I always manage a bit of optimism?

1- Littlefinger's "bad guy" voice. It still bothers me that they think we're so stupid we can't follow his arc without his voice become dark and rough.

2- Arya and and the Hound showing up at the Eyrie. And, of course, Arya's laugh.

While I do like the angle of the Grey Worm and Missandei situation, I didn't think this episode was the best place for it. Some of their scenes this week rank as a choice of something that could have been given up for MORE OBERYN!!

Also, they are not siblings in the books, but Missandei does have two brothers, one is killed in the Sons of the Harpy storyline, one is a commander of one of the companies of free men, I believe.

As much as I enjoyed Sophie's monologue and appreciate the showrunners are trying to speed up her transition from pawn to player, I felt they did Litttle finger a great disservice by placing him entirely in her mercy as if he had no real plan to consolidate his control of the Eyrie. At this point in the books Littlefinger is at his most devious and overtly powerful position manipulating the Lords Declarent- not expecting to be removed as Lord Protector.

Jorah begging for forgiveness was also a subtle yet significant scene change. Whilst book Dany desperately wanted to forgive him, she felt his stubborn refusal to admit he was wrong could not be overlooked without undermining her authority. In the show, however, the ever haughty Emilia Clarke dismissed him far more ruthlessly as he pleaded for mercy. Of late I have found show Dany to be very irksome, she seems entirely lacking of any warmth or vulnerability and far too black and white in the way she interacts with people.

Archived