[Book Spoilers] Nitpick With Impunity

As much as I enjoyed Sophie's monologue and appreciate the showrunners are trying to speed up her transition from pawn to player, I felt they did Litttle finger a great disservice by placing him entirely in her mercy as if he had no real plan to consolidate his control of the Eyrie. At this point in the books Littlefinger is at his most devious and overtly powerful position manipulating the Lords Declarent- not expecting to be removed as Lord Protector.

Jorah begging for forgiveness was also a subtle yet significant scene change. Whilst book Dany desperately wanted to forgive him, she felt his stubborn refusal to admit he was wrong could not be overlooked without undermining her authority. In the show, however, the ever haughty Emilia Clarke dismissed him far more ruthlessly as he pleaded for mercy. Of late I have found show Dany to be very irksome, she seems entirely lacking of any warmth or vulnerability and far too black and white in the way she interacts with people.

To be fair, Daenerys as a character does have a very black and white view of the world too.

Oh Missendai and Grey worm. Lol

Aren't they siblings in the book?

No, not that we know of. She has two Unsullied brothers, one of whom is Mossador (he was killed), but I don't think Grey Worm is the other. Not that it really matters; she was also 6 in the books. I do wonder if they're setting up Grey Worm to die, though.

Last nights episode is the last straw. The show has been on a steady decline since season 1 and last night's episiode made me feel stupider after watching it.

Canceling HBO.

Does anyone remember why the retard killed beeltes? Does anyone care?

GreyWorm /Missendie, I was 10 seconds from turning the show off but the scene ended.

Why is Dany doing Missande's hair? Dany's the Queen FFS.

Edit*

Isn't there a 4th song? Manderly asks them to paly it at WF while he eat's Frey pies.

Rat King or something

Um, yeah, beetles? WTF?

I would have REALLY liked to see maybe a little Red Viper and his paramour together alone before the fight, just the two of them, no orgies, since it's Pedro Pascal's exit.

I actually like the GW and Missandei storyline, but they could have put that somewhere else not in this episode.

I must the only one who was underwhelmed by the fight scene, although Pascal's acrobatics were cool. And the new Mountain just doesn't do it for me really.

Is Sansa auditioning to be the new Maleficient? That was very strange.

Okay episode, decent, not great.

Grey Worm and Missandei,

Blackwashing of the wildlings.

The wildlings do raid all the time though.... We only just heard about it in the books. The show is really showing us how messed up it is. One of the few things I applaud them for, showing that relatively likable characters like Tormund and Ygritte are still violent killers.

All in all I really liked this episode. There were only 2 things that bothered me:

- Sansa - I thought her acting was phenomenal, absolutely loved the wardrobe change but is she getting into LF perverted come ons? GROSS

- Missendei & Grey Worm - the romance doesn't bother me, it's here nor there. What bothers me is Missendei covers herself when she catches GW looking at her, acts like she is traumatized over it when talking to Dany about it then tells GW she is glad her saw her. All the while her mouth is saying "I'm glad you saw me" her face is saying "You kinda freak me out." I think she could've smiled at him or something at the end. It felt very contradictory.

It's strange, on the one hand I found it a good episode. But when I pause to think about it all, than it just falls flat.

1) The fight... I mean there was no preparation at all. It was just fucking there... with no build up at all. Usually D&D can't be pried away from KL even when you put a gun to their heads and now, when there is actually something major going down they just... drop in at the spot without build up? At all?

2) The fact that the Mountain was speared to the gut, but was still able to crush Oberyn bothered me immensely. He should have pulled Oberyn top of him like he did in the books, not the other way around.

3) The fucking beetles scene

4) Everything GW and Missandei oriented. I guess it's nice we see Missandei's goodies, but this was just lame fucking filler. Say what you will about Craster's keep, but at least there were some people killing each other to make it interesting.

5) The part about the song is really annoying too. No sense of worldbuilding

6) Moat Caillin. It just looked of, I mean it was just a weak castle on a hill somewhere in the plains. No mention of crannogmen, no bogs, no snakes. It didn't look like the swamp from the books. The Ironborn were also boring (and I say this as a big Ironborn fan), the book was superior in every freaking way!

7) Roose and Ramsay. The acting was fine and all, but was I the only one who expected the Bolton version of Simba and Mufassa's conversation in the beginning of the Lion KinG?

8) Again about the fight scene... It was just cheap. I mean the quick cuts and the twirls and shit, we get it, Pedro is a fine actor but not a stuntman. But it was so glaringly obvious that it wasn't him that did those supercool moves. If D&D really think that this is the best fight scene they ever done, than they are just plain pathetic. It just annoys the crap out of me that Ned Stark vs. Jaime Lannister is still the best fight this show ever had

Things I did like:

1) Sansa's storyline. Sure hate on the dress, but I liked her speech (eventhough it did a disservice to LF) and Sophie did a very good job.

2) Liked the guy that played Royce. Not exactly the intimidating specimen from the books, but he acted very good.

Jorah's pardon, issued again, a copy. was he not already received of it or was it stollen from his personal belongings by the boy (bird), re-sealed and given to ser Barristan. I guess that was it. Also, Hbo Dany is just as unlikeable as book Dany, arrogant and hypocritical.

This is really nitpicky but i wish they said 'first i killed her screaming whelp, then i raped her, then i smashed her fucking head in, like this". I thought the delivery was a bit off. Only niggled me on second watch because i was too busy despairing on my first.

The mountain did say this. Right before he smashed Oberyn's head in...

Jorah's pardon, issued again, a copy. was he not already received of it or was it stollen from his personal belongings by the boy (bird), re-sealed and given to ser Barristan. I guess that was it. Also, Hbo Dany is just as unlikeable as book Dany, arrogant and hypocritical.

LOL, I'm assuming there was a KL copy that Tywin fished out of storage and sent across the Narrow Sea, over most of Essos, up the Gulf of Grief, and into Slaver's Bay and Mereen?

As much as I enjoyed Sophie's monologue and appreciate the showrunners are trying to speed up her transition from pawn to player, I felt they did Litttle finger a great disservice by placing him entirely in her mercy as if he had no real plan to consolidate his control of the Eyrie. At this point in the books Littlefinger is at his most devious and overtly powerful position manipulating the Lords Declarent- not expecting to be removed as Lord Protector.

Jorah begging for forgiveness was also a subtle yet significant scene change. Whilst book Dany desperately wanted to forgive him, she felt his stubborn refusal to admit he was wrong could not be overlooked without undermining her authority. In the show, however, the ever haughty Emilia Clarke dismissed him far more ruthlessly as he pleaded for mercy. Of late I have found show Dany to be very irksome, she seems entirely lacking of any warmth or vulnerability and far too black and white in the way she interacts with people.

These are my main concerns, too.

Especially LF being unprepared at the questioning. BookLF is way too smart to be caught like that and he wouldn't trust Sansa with his life without a backup plan. In the books, he has Marillion blamed for the assassination, which is clearly more believable than Lysa just deciding to take a dip through the Moon Door, but even if BookLF wanted to blame it on suicide, he wouldn't have been so careless, IMO. In the show, he's almost surprised that the Lords of the Vale wanted to question Sansa, like he didn't foresee that, but that's just not LF.

Especially LF being unprepared at the questioning. BookLF is way too smart to be caught like that and he wouldn't trust Sansa with his life without a backup plan. In the books, he has Marillion blamed for the assassination, which is clearly more believable than Lysa just deciding to take a dip through the Moon Door, but even if BookLF wanted to blame it on suicide, he wouldn't have been so careless, IMO. In the show, he's almost surprised that the Lords of the Vale wanted to question Sansa, like he didn't foresee that, but that's just not LF.

Book!LF's plan is contingent on the Vale Lords not seeing through a bottle of hair dye. He's careless in the books as well, just about different things. The show is speeding this up, so they're moving his missteps around. But I don't think it's changing the nature of his character too much.

I don't remember the book version of Arya and the Hound finding out Lysa was dead...but the show having them literally at the gates and she says she's Arya Stark....

Aren't the odds that they would have been admitted....and then going forward Sansa and LF would know for sure she was alive?

I assume the show will gloss over all these pesky details, but it seems again like they purposely set themselves an illogical narrative.

Unsullied do not feel emotion, and they certainly don't get turned on by hot girls. They are totally ruining Grew Worm.

Meh, by changing that he's at least sort of formed as a character. It's not as if there's too much to ruin from the books: he's really just another unsullied but with a name and a position. It was arguably a bit pointless since it was time that could've been spent elsewhere, but it doesn't really ruin the character since there isn't a lot to ruin.

I don't remember the book version of Arya and the Hound finding out Lysa was dead...but the show having them literally at the gates and she says she's Arya Stark....

Aren't the odds that they would have been admitted....and then going forward Sansa and LF would know for sure she was alive?

I assume the show will gloss over all these pesky details, but it seems again like they purposely set themselves an illogical narrative.

Well Show!Jon knows Bran is alive, Show!Brienne knows Arya is alive, so maybe Show!Sansa will know Arya is alive too? It wouldn't be the biggest change, but one I don't see as being necessary.

Archived