[Book Spoilers] Nitpick With Impunity

I honestly thought that the beetles scene was one of the most boring and useless I've ever seen on TV. Just so pointless and stupid. And it went on forever. WTF were the writers thinking?

Jorah's pardon...just idiotic. Why didn't he say it was forged? And why would anyone bother to arrange it for this piece of paper to travel halfway around the world just to screw over Jorah?

Missandrei and Grey Worm...so dumb. Yeah, it was so worth it for Grey Worm to get castrated and brainwashed just to be able to ogle and chat with a hot woman 20 years later, that makes total sense...

Well Show!Jon knows Bran is alive, Show!Brienne knows Arya is alive, so maybe Show!Sansa will know Arya is alive too? It wouldn't be the biggest change, but one I don't see as being necessary.

LOL, only I guess if you don't pay attention, because if Sansa and LF knew Arya was alive they would go get her. Yes, it's not a big thing, just one more example of the show setting up situations that only work in the moment and have actually large plot ramifications which are then summarily ignored.

I don't remember the book version of Arya and the Hound finding out Lysa was dead...but the show having them literally at the gates and she says she's Arya Stark....

Aren't the odds that they would have been admitted....and then going forward Sansa and LF would know for sure she was alive?

I assume the show will gloss over all these pesky details, but it seems again like they purposely set themselves an illogical narrative.

I'm trying to remember exactly where it happened (maybe that village The Hound and Arya worked at? or the Inn?) but I think I recall something about Arya thinking how The Hound's dream of selling her to Lady Lysa dies maybe at the foothills to the Vale, proabably near the Inn? Then, he may be back to the idea of The Blackfish and Riverrun? Something like that, and Arya is thinking how she was always trying for Riverrun and never makes it?

I'm going to guess that the show will have Arya and The Hound leave, or get into a fight with the guards, or both......and never believe that it was Arya. But, I suppose this will also add to the rumors, just like the books, about them being together before she again cannot be found? Maybe, though, it might make too much sense for them, there's always that concern. LOL

Meh, by changing that he's at least sort of formed as a character. It's not as if there's too much to ruin from the books: he's really just another unsullied but with a name and a position. It was arguably a bit pointless since it was time that could've been spent elsewhere, but it doesn't really ruin the character since there isn't a lot to ruin.

The books have the one Unsullied that dies after visiting a brothel, just to be held. I'm not surprised they are visiting this issue with Grey Worm instead. I don't even mind........just didn't have TIME for that this episode, not all the scenes of it this time, anyway.

The books have the one Unsullied that dies after visiting a brothel, just to be held. I'm not surprised they are visiting this issue with Grey Worm instead. I don't even mind........just didn't have TIME for that this episode, not all the scenes of it this time, anyway.

Yeah I'd definitely agree with that part. Was kind of watching it thinking, "this is nice and that, but what's the point?" It was time that should've gone to KL to build up to the battle, with reactions to the fact that it was the Viper who was fighting for Tyrion since that was a pretty important point for people like Tywin and the like.

Although I didn't really mind Grey Worm the characters plot point though. As I say, it's a development on a character who's undeveloped in the books and is just there so the unsullied have someone with a name who leads them.

yeah, i like the grey worm, missandrei storyline, i like that she's not another savant genius child but an adult, but THIS was not the episode for a long drawn out segment.

I'm wondering, do we even know for sure that they said; Pillar and Stones? I thought it might have been pillow and stones, like LF to Varys on the show and, iirc, that's the phrase used in the books? Now, I'm not even sure about any of it, LOL

I think the show has officially jumped the shark.

• Missandei/Grey Worm. I can't even put into words how cringeworthy everything was.
  • Dany is braiding her handmaiden's hair now??? Ok. Glad to see she's having such a great time of being queen that she can just act like a handmaid.
  • Why was Missandei even bathing in a lake?
  • Show-Missandei isn't even close to being as intelligent as book-Missandei, despite being an adult. WTF?
  • Jorah's exile was way too rushed, which is ridiculous considering all the time they've had this season to build up to it. He was also completely whitewashed, and in true D&D style they chose to focus on his mainpain instead of Daenerys, who just found out she was betrayed by her only friend.
  • The beetle scene...
  • Whose idea was it to have the Arya scene end with her laughing? It was so unconvincing and awkward to watch. And despite the Hound being wanted by the crown, he just reveals himself to the guards? And there's not even a follow-up scene dealing with the repercussions of this?
  • Sansa becoming Maleficent. Lol what even.

Pedro Pascal, Indira Varma and Lena Headey (despite having no lines) saved the episode tbh. Nikolaj and Peter were terrible. It felt like they were playing completely different characters.

I'm wondering, do we even know for sure that they said; Pillar and Stones? I thought it might have been pillow and stones, like LF to Varys on the show and, iirc, that's the phrase used in the books? Now, I'm not even sure about any of it, LOL

I think Dany was going for construction terms (sounded like pillar). I think Ygritte's made the most sense (bone and stones), but whatever. Interesting Dany was suddenly modest about the whole thing.

Really hoping Grey Worm and Missandei comes into play somehow... not writing it off just yet - it's like I wondered why they bothered with Gilly in Mole's Town but this episode proved to me it kind of was a good way to put the Town out there and make sure people know it's close before the Wildling attack. So maybe it'll matter later. I guess I can't be too mad at something that gave us naked Nathalie Emmanuel!

Sansa's dress looked like some poorly done Hunger Games cosplay of one of Katniss' Mockingjay (almost a Mockingbird haha) dresses...

The gosh dang beetles. Eeeeeeeeeeeh? I know it's symbolic of something but I don't know what yet and it was just a little off.

Oh yeah Dany's pillars and stones, really? Just makes me more mad at her for not being shown fucking Daario.

The gosh dang beetles. Eeeeeeeeeeeh? I know it's symbolic of something but I don't know what yet and it was just a little off.

The futility of the search for meaning. But it was poorly done, dragged on, and incredibly not PC.

The futility of the search for meaning. But it was poorly done, dragged on, and incredibly not PC.

Yeah, the beetle story "itself" wasn't that bad, but it went on FOREVER, so rambling, and not sure why the need to have them verbally imitate the cousin in a mocking manner, that was strange, but apparently no one is offended by it.

Yeah, the beetle story "itself" wasn't that bad, but it went on FOREVER, so rambling, and not sure why the need to have them verbally imitate the cousin in a mocking manner, that was strange, but apparently no one is offended by it.

I guessed at the time that the cousin (Olton? Orson? What was the name), might become Tyrion's "Moon Boy" in his line to Jaime (she's been fucking Lancel...), but hardly justification for it.

That's what the closed captioning had, so yeah.

Thank you, just curious. I'd always thought LF said pillow and stones that time to Varys, I guess I need to check that one, too, LOL

ETA: Me yelling at the screen for them to MOVE IT ALONG probably didn't help me, either.

Archived