(Book Spoilers) Where was Yara?

Was anyone else kind of hoping Yara to be with the ironborn at Moat Cailin? I didn't expect her to die with the rest of the ironborn, but I was at least hoping for an appearance. I feel like the ironborn plot has been lacking this year. We still haven't even seen/heard about Balon's Death!!!

Was anyone else kind of hoping Yara to be with the ironborn at Moat Cailin? I didn't expect her to die with the rest of the ironborn, but I was at least hoping for an appearance. I feel like the ironborn plot has been lacking this year. We still haven't even seen/heard about Balon's Death!!!

Balon's gonna die in episode 10, Euron will be mentioned as being back, but will not be shown (I don't think he was cast for this season). Remeber, Euron appeared the day after Balon died, so the two things need to happen together on the show.

So Yarra will be shown in episode 10 back in Pyke for her father's death.

I didn't think she would be at Moat Cailin but I'm disappointed about how they're treating the Ironborn too.

I'm afraid we're not even going to see the Euron/Victarion relationship if they keep ignoring them like this and that they're going to melt them both into an only character (no Kingsmoot, maybe a little conflict with Asha/Yara about the heirloom and then VictEuron will go east as Victarion does in the books). I really hope they keep both Euron and Victarion but if they keep treating the Ironborn like they are some sort of filler I don't think that's going to happen.

I think the opposite. The Ironborn story just doesn't do much in the current part of the timeline. The show went out of their way, in fact, to give Yarra something to do this season so she would not be forgotten. The Dreadfort scene was otherwise not necessary - it was included to remind show viewers about the Ironborn.

If Yarra had been at Moat Cailin she would have died, so be glad.

Their storyline ramps up when Euron arrives, and that could not be included this season, but will be there next season. Balon's death in episode 10 will set it up.

I am confused about her plot timing and where or how she has been traveling for sure.

Well by adaptation standards it's lucky we even see Balon and (Asha) Yara Greyjoy, since they hardly appear on the page in the first three books.

George does not really pick up the Greyjoys until Feast.

I give it to D&D they, squeaked them in in Season 2 and 3, and invented a story of Yara in season 4.

I wonder if we even see they in S4E10 ... Gemma sure has had little screen time.

Now Theon does appear in GOT and Clash but I don't think at all in SoS.

Lot of Greyjoy stuff , sort of, in Feast, but no Theon, he's not back till Dance.

So the show runner's have been trying to keep the Greyjoys somewhere in the audience awareness.

I hope this is a fore shadowing that the crazy crew of Asha's uncles will become a new thread in the show, they do perk things up.

I wonder if D&D have ever explained their , shall we say, re-imagining of the Grejoys , on Pyke?

They are a 'pirate-like' lot in GRRM's books , but on the show they opted for a Sea-Salt-flinty type of Pirate-Viking spin.

I think to make them even more distinct than they are in the books.

Purposely homely-fying Gemma Whelan as they did Gwendoline Christie , since Gemma is attractive enough to have been outfitted as GRRM's version, but they wanted that 'hard-bitten' look.

I am used to it now , if not the character name!

I might be mistaken, and as far as predicting book deviations, I usually am.... but since the Ironborn are such a big part of AFfC and aDwD... and since the show is catching up to the books.... I think that they'll have to do the kingsmoot,& introduce the Greyjoys....

Which is why YarAsha is probably heading back to Pyke.

I was convinced they would introduce the Greyjoys more next season, but am worried that I haven't seen any casting news yet :-/

If this is legit then we're going to see the Kingsmoot and therefore the Greyjoy brothers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/27jgpb/spoilers_all_i_live_in_belfast_and_got_treated_to/

For the life of me I still can't understand peoples preference of Euron over Victarion.

Victarion is STUPID AS FUCK. He beat HIS OWN WIFE TO DEATH, he ISN'T interesting. He's just a plot devise. Euron is an interesting character in his own right.

I predict she will have a small scene with her father tonight, probably discussing Theon's state, to remind viewers the IB exist.

Then next week, Balon will die, leaving the succession as a cliffhanger for next season. The Kingsmoot will be very early in season 5, probably the very first episode.

Archived