[BOOK SPOILERS] Missandei and Grey Worm

Ive said it over and over. Unsullied do not cry while talking about their life before unsullied. Unsullied do not get distracted by emotions. Unsullied do not fall into a dramatic lovestory with pretty girls. They were raised to kill babies infront of the mothers and fed drugs for years to kill their pain receptors or something ffs, they are basically the closest thing to an actual machine in westeros. The whole point of unsullied is they are just a block of soldiers that do nothing except what you tell them to, I always imagined Dany having to tell them 3 times a day "you have to eat food now." Or "Go relieve yourselves in the bushes", "Its bedtime. Unsullied must go to sleep for 8 hours."

All that being said, I do understand why they are doing this for television, and I can understand how it could work for some people. I however find this to be perhaps one of the top 5 worst original tv subplots yet.

I'm sorry that the show isn't validating your belief.

The unsullied cuddling in the brothel always struck a cord with me, I found it profoundly moving. Sorry some of you would rather just see more blood and guts. Obviously, TV as a medium, is fundamentally different from novels. They need stuff happening in meereen other than dany and her thoughts.

The book needed stuff happening too. Pity GRRM never thought of something like this.

I have no problem with it.

It's two former slaves learning to be human again. Who cares that he's been "cut" and to what degree that may or may not entail. He would simply derive his pleasure from pleasing her. Ever heard the phrase "there's more than one way to skin a cat."? Well, there's more than one way to please a woman.

Anyway, I like it, it's a interesting new PoV, and one of the criticisms of the books has always been that there weren't enough insights into the affairs of the lowborn caught up in the Game of Thrones - it's nice to see the perspective from the angle of the (ex-)slaves.

This. Besides, they may play a bigger part in the future -that we don't know of- and this could be a way to keep them visible besides being yesmen to Daenerys.

I thought this was a great addition, and so heartbreaking. Losing your genitals won't eradicate sexual and romantic urges (much of that comes from your brain), so of course they can fall in love and have urges they can never act on. The two actors are also quite good together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the book, it was mentioned that some eunuch were going to the brothel to hug a woman for some time. It was explained, even though one lacks the "masculine" organs doesn't mean one also lacks a man's heart. It was a different way of presenting it in the show. Why in the seven hells this bothered you?

I for one enjoyed it. I cant stand the stupid brothel scenes and brutality thats included within a story where most actions are quick and sidestepped. We have hundreds of pages packed with emotional content and storyline. I wish the series had more intrigue. instead we get another skin show, r8PE OR, senseless act of violence. I will take the grey worm Messandi story line over this other garbage any day.

• 1 month later...

Archived