[BOOK SPOILERS] Missandei and Grey Worm

I don't mind the idea of the story, but I didn't like the scene with Dany (shouldn't Missandei know whether they remove "the pillar and the stones"?), and I didn't like the last two lines between Missandei and Grey Worm:

"I'm glad you saw me." -- Um, okay? Because you need to see my naked body in order for us to express any sort of affection.

"So am I" -- Huh? He was just apologizing. Now he's saying he's glad he did it anyway!

he was apologizing out of guilt for looking, because he liked her (really, what is not to like, she is quite gorgeous :D ) but then when she was glad, it removed his guilt and let him express himself more honestly.

I did find the scene a little corny and forced - doesn't mean it didn't have a logic to the character dialogue.

Books and film/TV are different mediums. The eunuch cuddle would not have worked as well on TV. For a while, I struggled with whether I thought the book or film of Jurassic Park was better - until I realised that they were both great for what they were. There is no reason it can't be the same with GoTs the show and ASoIaF the books.

I think if Grey Worm dies next season it'll have some gravitas to it because he will have been fleshed out somewhat and Missandei will have to emotionally deal with his death. This could be very interesting and at least it gives us their perspective on certain things and I support the only non-sexual relationship on the show because not everything has to come down to sex.

• 5 months later...

Archived