[Book Spoilers] Moat Cailin Speculation

Hello guys, sorry if this has been discussed before but I think it may have some importance. In the last episode they replaced the Dreadfort with Moat Cailin. I don't really remember

if we see Moat Cailin again in the books so far. I find it weird that they would add a new location only for 1 episode. They will probably go to Winterfell in the next episodes.

Maybe we will see more of Moat Cailin in WoW with the Reed conquering it ?

Hello guys, sorry if this has been discussed before but I think it may have some importance. In the last episode they replaced the Dreadfort with Moat Cailin. I don't really remember

if we see Moat Cailin again in the books so far. I find it weird that they would add a new location only for 1 episode. They will probably go to Winterfell in the next episodes.

They didn't replace the Dreadfort with Moat Cailin. It was Moat Cailin that Theon claimed back for the Boltons in the novels as well.

They didn't replace the Dreadfort with Moat Cailin. It was Moat Cailin that Theon claimed back for the Boltons in the novels as well.

He's talking about the intro to the show where all the locations of that episode are shown on the map. The Dreadfort was replaced with Moat Cailin. I was also wondering the same thing. With all the cuts they do, why would they even introduce a new location and have it CGI rendered just to show the Unsullied once? It doesn't seem like something they'd do. Before this season started, I was seriously wondering if they'd even include Braavos since Arya is the only character who actually goes there in the books. But I guess to compensate for that, they sent Stannis there beforehand. I find it very odd since I don't think they ever once mentioned the importance of Moat Cailin in the show. That's how the Starks held the north for thousands of years. It's a key fortress that was treated as a run of the mill castle. They go through this big effort to capture it and then it's off to Winterfell in the blink of an eye. And Robb was supposed to go there in season one during his march south but most of his scenes took place at random encampments instead. Up until this point I thought it wasn't important but I'm starting to think otherwise.

I was kinda let down that they didn't show or even mention the bog devils...to explain WHY some of the ironborn were sick/dying

Me too. When they showed they were sick, I was thinking "yes! introduction to the Reed's fighting back!" Disappointed!

Me too. When they showed they were sick, I was thinking "yes! introduction to the Reed's fighting back!" Disappointed!

Yeh, i mean it was also confusing to people who haven't read the books. Like my brother asked, 'why are they dying?' lol.

Yeh, i mean it was also confusing to people who haven't read the books. Like my brother asked, 'why are they dying?' lol.

The Ironborn were holding a castle in a foreign land being besieged by Roose Boltons force from the south since after the Red Wedding till Theons arrival. They would have little to no supplies which leads to either starvation or eating of things you shouldn't, like rats, that cause disease.

Spitting up blood and stuff is indicative of an infection from bacteria or a poison. There were like scabs on his head.

Yeh rats can carry disease it's true, the plague is a good example, but they just carry the disease though, they don't create it. And it's unlikely that sort of disease would be at Moat Cailin.

Anyway a small mention wouldn't have hurt.

didnt the Twins and Riverrun also appear only for one episode each ?

Archived