Possibly the best possible king consort for Daenerys, Garth Hightower

The Bittersteel

Who do you think is the best possible husband for Daenerys to win support in Westeros? After Quentyn's death and with the Tyrells being tied to her opposition (knocking out Wilas) I think I've found a good potential candidate.

Garth 'Greysteel' Hightower.

1. Admittedly not a great deal is known about him at the moment but his cognomen and the fact that he is undertaking the training of Oldtown's troops would suggest he is experienced militarily.

2.The Hightowers are also in my opinion a great resource so far untapped by the war. If Daenerys can destroy Victarion and end the Ironborn threat to Oldtown it could make an ideal location for invasion and the marriage would tie them to her cause and give her some much needed allies in Westeros itself.

3. His House's prestige and former ties to the Targaryens and the Hightowers' longstanding presence in Westeros could lend credence to her regime as well as making it an acceptable match in the eyes of nobles and smallfolk.

4. He his also a second son not the first, meaning house Hightowers' property would not be folded into the crown's domains after the marriage which makes it an even more attractive prospect in my eyes for the Hightowers.

So any other better candidates? In my eyes he could be the right man for the job. The only issue I can foresee is that he may be too old.

Who do you think is the best possible husband for Daenerys to win support in Westeros? After Quentyn's death and with the Tyrells being tied to her opposition (knocking out Wilas) I think I've found a good potential candidate.

Garth 'Greysteel' Hightower.

1. Admittedly not a great deal is known about him at the moment but his cognomen and the fact that he is undertaking the training of Oldtown's troops would suggest he is experienced militarily.

2.The Hightowers are also in my opinion a great resource so far untapped by the war. If Daenerys can destroy Victarion and end the Ironborn threat to Oldtown it could make an ideal location for invasion and the marriage would tie them to her cause and give her some much needed allies in Westeros itself.

3. His House's prestige and former ties to the Targaryens and the Hightowers' longstanding presence in Westeros could lend credence to her regime as well as making it an acceptable match in the eyes of nobles and smallfolk.

4. He his also a second son not the first, meaning house Hightowers' property would not be folded into the crown's domains after the marriage which makes it an even more attractive prospect in my eyes for the Hightowers.

So any other better candidates? In my eyes he could be the right man for the job. The only issue I can foresee is that he may be too old.

1 Hightowers have tended to stay out of Westeros conflicts.

2 His father is the grandfather of Magaery and co. marrying Dany would go against them. Why?

3 I personally believe he is waiting for the others to come and Hightower will fight them. Whether he wins or not is another question all together

4 he has to deal with the IB firstly, and Dany has them coming after her too. We don't know if she'll even reach Westeros with her army or as a Greyjoy captive...

Petyr Baelish is her best choice, truly

Lord Protector of the Vale, Lord Paramount of the Trident, false father of the heiress to Winterfell. He's a catch

If Edmure weren't married I'd say him, though

Whoever she marries must accept their child will take her last name or the child will start a new House entirely. A second son or lesser lord would work. Someone with Valyrian looks would help: a Velaryon or Dayne would be perfect.

Whoever she marries must accept their child will take her last name or the child will start a new House entirely. A second son or lesser lord would work. Someone with Valyrian looks would help: a Velaryon or Dayne would be perfect.

Gerold Dayne AKA Darkstar, then?

I believe that the best consort for Dany that has ever lived is Aegon VI Targaryen. He is her last hope of keeping the name Targaryen on her children and saving her House, and his.

Also, I think Dany isn't going to have time to marry anyone on TWOW or ADOS. I believe she will match Rhaenyra in the first Dance of Dragons, and die crazy.

Archived