Sansa's Controversial chapter

WalkerDragon

Or LF will deliberately rape her and claim her maidenhead (at least he will try) similar to how Vargo cut Jaime's sword hand. Remember how Roose explained that to Jaime?

Sorry but I do not understand that analogy. There has happened so much violence in the books, why do you compare these two, one has happened and the other will probably not happen.

Sansa and Baelish teaming up in many ways has so much more plot potential. After a rape or rape attempt GRRM would have to make Sansa a prisoner and victim again, so boring! Let her choose her destiny, let her agree to or even start an affair, so much more interesting than victim again.

I just hope she actively makes decisions that don't lead to her being a victim of other people's manipulations. Lysa spilled the beans big time, and if Sansa is about to take a leap then maybe it will be by putting all the clues together and realizing that in a big way Littlefinger is repsonsible for pretty much all of her misery and heart ache - manipulated Lysa to poison Jon, wrote the letter implicating the Lannisters, brought all of them to King's Landing, betrayed Ned, set Cat on a path that eventually lead to everything that culminated in the Red Wedding. I think Sansa is going to medieval on his ass.

I used to think it was rape, but now I think the show gave the controversial part away already. In an older SSM GRRM said to a fan that LF's position in the Vale was not as secure as one might believe. So I think what happened in the show will happen in the books: Sansa will save LF after Bronze Yohn Royce makes his move against him by revealing her true identity and painting LF as her savior.

That would certainly qualify as "controversial" given LF's role in having Ned executed. It wouldn't surprise me if she started to acknowledge LF's desire for her and began taking advantage of it like she did in the show too.

I don't think so, as LF did nothing that could even be called redemptive.

I agree with Paper Weaver that an attempted rape by LF is the likely controversial chapter.

Good point. But i was thinking more of a homicidal crazy person like Cersei or Joffrey. It would be a nice change for Sansa to become what she ultimately despised

Not in my opinion. I'm all for Sansa growing up and becoming more practical; but if she totally loses her empathy and compassion and starts killing inconvenient people, I will despise her character, and mourn what she could have been.

Good point. But i was thinking more of a homicidal crazy person like Cersei or Joffrey. It would be a nice change for Sansa to become what she ultimately despised

Not in my opinion. I'm all for Sansa growing up and becoming more practical; but if she totally loses her empathy and compassion and starts killing inconvenient people, I will despise her character, and mourn what she could have been.

SORRY - DOUBLE POST.

The (HBO) scene in which Sansa descends the staircase after she and LF meet in her chambers actually had me yelling at the TV - NO! The expression on her face when she looks at him is a very 'womanly' one, very knowing as is his answering one. And seems to be far more intimate than just one between two conspirators. I hope I read more into it than there is but it caught me offguard it was so creepy.

I don't think so, as LF did nothing that could even be called redemptive.

I agree with Paper Weaver that an attempted rape by LF is the likely controversial chapter.

I don't understand what you mean, what does a "redemptive" act by LF have to do with it? He doesn't do anything redemptive in the show either, that's not why Sansa saves him. She says she does it because he is the devil she knows basically. Unlike the Knights of the Vale, she knows what LF wants and she's confident she can manipulate him because of it. It's a calculating political move on her part to keep him in a position of power, which makes saving him a sign that she has become a "player" finally.

I agree that a "Bael the Bard" type situation is playing out with them, so a rape of some kind is probably going to happen at some point. I just don't think it will happen that early in TWOW. Also, keep in mind that it was also said (IIRC at least) that the chapter would only be controversial "in some parts of the fandom". A rape would be controversial in all of the fandom, so I don't think it's what Ran was referring to with regards to this chapter.

The (HBO) scene in which Sansa descends the staircase after she and LF meet in her chambers actually had me yelling at the TV - NO! The expression on her face when she looks at him is a very 'womanly' one, very knowing as is his answering one. And seems to be far more intimate than just one between two conspirators. I hope I read more into it than there is but it caught me offguard it was so creepy.

I think it might be headed towards intimate relations between the two. In the books, Sansa misses Petyr when he his not there. The show, while we all know the show has been different with Sansa's storyline, but is it really going to be that far off?? The show producers do talk to GRRM so I think what they put in could be a hint of what is to come. Hopefully winds of winter comes out soon, because the show has covered the majority of Sansa's story.

I think the show gave the game away. She'll simply save LF in a way that keeps him in political power or even cements his play for power in the Vale.

Occasionally, I entertain the possibility that she will need Robin to do something he won't or physically can't do, and she will accidentally skinchange into him as Bran does to Hodor. I sometimes think that the difficulties Sansa had getting Robin down from the Eyrie, and her hearing the howling wind as a wolf during the ordeal, hint that she will reach out for her ability in the near future, probably to deal with Robin during a seizure. I also imagine that she will realize how useful it is to slip into another human being (one with relative power). But then I weigh the likelihood that Martin will advance her story so far in such a short time and doubt this idea.

It could be that the "controversial" chapter is no great shakes in the controversy department--Sansa defends LF, or some shizz--but that something really wild happens later in TWOW in an as-yet-unwritten Sansa chapter along the lines of some of the more extreme predictions: Sansa killing Sweetrobin, Sansa banging Littlefinger, etc. etc. One doesn't necessarily rule out the other.

I agree that a "Bael the Bard" type situation is playing out with them, so a rape of some kind is probably going to happen at some point.

GRRM has said no POV rapes, although he's broken that rule once before--Dany being raped in AGOT (not on her wedding night, but subsequently)--and he has no trouble with Cersei describing being raped by Robert in the past tense, so I don't know how strictly he adheres to that rule. GRRM could also do a "cut to black" just before the actual rape starts as he did with Jeyne's wedding night without technically running afoul of his rule. I also doubt GRRM includes "statutory rape" in his definition of rape, so if Littlefinger has "consensual" sex with Sansa, that probably wouldn't fall under his self-imposed POV rape ban.

Attempted rapes, on the other hand, are clearly fair game for GRRM, but Sansa's been on the receiving end of so many rape attempts that GRRM's going to have to up his game if he expects to be able to shock us.

I think the show gave the game away. She'll simply save LF in a way that keeps him in political power or even cements his play for power in the Vale.

Yea i'm leaning toward this as well. Sansa saves LF when he is at her mercy. Also if GRRM truly said that no POV will experience rape then She won't get raped. And to all those saying Sansa will kill LF, i don't see that as something controversial but quite the contrary. Most everyone on this forum hates LF and would love for him to die.

Sansa is learning how to survive in a world that has no safety. It's smart of her to curry LF's favor, as she knows he's directly responsible for several deaths. I've no doubt she'll turn the game on LF at some point. Perhaps that will mean killing him.

I don't think it will be rape or attempted rape. I think Sansa will take Cersei's words about sex being a very powerful weapon to heart. I think the show did jump on this a bit in the final Sansa/LF interaction of S4. I suspect that Sansa may have sex with LF. Controversial if you think Sansa should remain apart from the seedy side of the Game, and not so controversial as you realize that Sansa is growing up and being taught (by the Queen) that this is how you get power. Sansa may do others things (I don't think Robin is long for this world) but I think sleeping with LF is the controverisal chapter.

I don't think it will be rape or attempted rape. I think Sansa will take Cersei's words about sex being a very powerful weapon to heart. I think the show did jump on this a bit in the final Sansa/LF interaction of S4. I suspect that Sansa may have sex with LF. Controversial if you think Sansa should remain apart from the seedy side of the Game, and not so controversial as you realize that Sansa is growing up and being taught (by the Queen) that this is how you get power. Sansa may do others things (I don't think Robin is long for this world) but I think sleeping with LF is the controverisal chapter.

I think that is unlikely as using sex as a political tool has proven to be disastrous as Cersei and Arianne proved. I think she will employ feminine methods beyond sex, along the lines of Olenna and the GG.

I don't understand what you mean, what does a "redemptive" act by LF have to do with it? He doesn't do anything redemptive in the show either, that's not why Sansa saves him. She says she does it because he is the devil she knows basically. Unlike the Knights of the Vale, she knows what LF wants and she's confident she can manipulate him because of it. It's a calculating political move on her part to keep him in a position of power, which makes saving him a sign that she has become a "player" finally.

Except it will eventually reach a breaking point between Sansa and LF. She can't manipulate LF, and he plans to use her as his pawn. The Knights of the Vale would be more amenable to her as Robert's cousin. How long until she learns he had Joffrey take off her father's head? Sent Jeyne to Ramsay, having her whipped into submission?

I agree that a "Bael the Bard" type situation is playing out with them, so a rape of some kind is probably going to happen at some point. I just don't think it will happen that early in TWOW. Also, keep in mind that it was also said (IIRC at least) that the chapter would only be controversial "in some parts of the fandom". A rape would be controversial in all of the fandom, so I don't think it's what Ran was referring to with regards to this chapter.

Not rape, but attempted rape, and Sansa killing LF.

I could see Sansa intentionally leading LF on just enough to get what she wants out of him, potentially allowing him to see her naked while she was "unaware" or something along those lines, but not actually putting out. Just learning to use her feminine wiles could be controversial enough for "some" Sansa fans, if they love her for her innocence, after all.

My theory is that Sansa knowing that Petyr loved her mother and Petyr sometimes sees a younger more attractive version of Catlynn in Sansa. This is obvious by Petyr's continued kissing of Sansa. Sansa knowing this about Petyr uses her body to enthrall him. For what purpose? Maybe to reveal herself and rallies the Vale to her to seek revenge/justice on the Lannisters.

Archived