Should Olenna Tyrell be punished for breaking guest right?

Lee-Sensei

Kingslaying, breaking guest rigts and possible Kinslaying. She'd make a good match for Walder Frey.

Doesn't GR just apply if the host harms the guests and not the other way around

No. It goes both ways. What sense would it make for a host to let a guest into their home without assurances that the guests not going to kill them or anything.

Well, Tyrion has been convicted of that but not from a guest's perspective, so unless she confesses, she never will - officially. However, if the gods are just, there will be a cirtain retribution. The Iron Born are currently, by the end of the last book ADWD invading the Reach and appear to be headed futher and further up the river towards Highgarden. Maybe?

We haven't seen anyone "pay" for breaking guest right yet, so I say she should also get a pass. Being that it's Westeros though, she will probably be the only one.

Well, Tyrion has been convicted of that but not from a guest's perspective, so unless she confesses, she never will - officially. However, if the gods are just, there will be a cirtain retribution. The Iron Born are currently, by the end of the last book ADWD invading the Reach and appear to be headed futher and further up the river towards Highgarden. Maybe?

They'll be crushed before they get to highgarden, they can't hold terrorties inland as they've shown by taking Winterfell and Moat Calin..,

Did Joffrey break guest rights first by beating Sansa? Or for that matter since he is not who he claims to be does guest rights apply to him? Was Mance under guest rights at Winterfell if his identity had been discovered?

Sansa wasn't a guest but a hostage. Joff was a douche but didn't break guest rights.

I can't say for sure but I would imagine they would at least be able to take Mance into custody, given that he lied about who he was. After all, had he shown up saying he was Mance Rayder, he would have been arrested on the spot and likely beheaded for desertion.

To the OP: I would say Olenna did break guest rights. We never see the Seven intervene with anything and no one knows she did it, so I don't think she'll be punished for it.

She committed a murder yet what you care about is guest right?

She broke guest rights by committing murder.

Did Joffrey break guest rights first by beating Sansa? Or for that matter since he is not who he claims to be does guest rights apply to him? Was Mance under guest rights at Winterfell if his identity had been discovered?

Sansa wasn't a guest. She was a hostage.

It doesn't matter that he's not a true Baratheon or Targaryen. LF isn't an Arryn, yet Lyn Corbray threatening to kill him was seen as breaking guest rights by the Lords Declarant.

Archived