Did Arianne love Arys?

Ours if the Fury

Okay i may sound stupid but i am actually confused with this, although i know she was seducing him and trying to bind him to her whim etc. after Arys death she seems legitimately upset and is emotionally moved by his foolishness and ultimate demise - now is this because she had feelings for him, even loved him or because his blood was on her own hands???

I would love to hear what you have to say!

I personally thought that she did love him, to some extent, but that doesnt mean he wasnt a part of her plan.

Well i am glad to know someone thought this - as this was the direction i was leaning in, however every thing i have seen on this topic has leant the other way…

Thanks for your insight !!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Arys was too "mild" for Arianne to truly love. I am not sure he really loved her either- he had been mostly celibate for years ( if not a virgin) and it took Arianne's extensive charms to get him to break his vows. He was in lust not love.

I doubt it was a complete love, but she was definitely very fond of him, and cared about him a lot, as shown by her grief over his death.

Kind of off-topic, but Arys/Arianne are probably my favourite couple in the whole series, and the only one where I found it to be legitimately nice and normal (to an extent). I loved Arys' cheesy romantic lines to her, and I loved her cool but caring responses. I was way more sad about the ending of their relationship than anyone else's in the series, and they only had like two chapters together.

I wouldn't go so far to say that Arianne was in love with Arys. I think what is was was that, Arianne is clearly not a cold, detached, calculating person--she's passionate and involved and by all evidence has a normal constellation of emotions. She may have been manipulating Arys, but that doesn't mean she didn't get emotionally involved to an extent, and wouldn't feel guilty if she sees her plan fall to pieces around her and her Kingsguard killed after dying an honorable death. She knows that Arys was head over heels for her, that he thought that they were in this all together, from illicit affair to a coup, and that he wouldn't have been involved in the plot at all if it weren't for her. And I'm sure as she saw her plan gain traction as they were crossing the desert, she let herself begin to believe those things too. So of course she's gonna be upset when those things led right to some bolts and a longaxe for her Kingsguard.

Kind of off-topic, but Arys/Arianne are probably my favourite couple in the whole series, and the only one where I found it to be legitimately nice and normal (to an extent). I loved Arys' cheesy romantic lines to her, and I loved her cool but caring responses. I was way more sad about the ending of their relationship than anyone else's in the series, and they only had like two chapters together.

Hah I agree! It's weird. They were so adorable and, as you say, just cheesy as hell but in a perfectly fine way for their relationship. I was heartbroken for Arianne when things ended the way they did.

Archived