How bad was your cat this week?

Fragile Bird

When I was about 12 we got a new kitten, and so did my parent's best friend, Uncle Jack.

We all had to go out somewhere so the new kitties were left home at our place to keep each other company.

When we got back, it looked like it had snowed, they had found a box of tissues!

once had a cat do this to a carton of smokes...i sucked up bits of tobacco in the vac for a yr

I was ill a couple of weeks ago, and stayed in bed feeling sorry for myself. Nala brought me 3 mice during that time. He must have thought I was too ill to hunt for myself.

:lmao:

Since we've moved, one of the two cats (I have no idea which one) has taken to unrolling/shredding up the toilet paper. MEGA rolls have become piles of tissue and confetti, FFS.

yes many of them have a thing for the toilet paper...Karate Princess broke her cat from his tissue fetish by repeatedly wrapping him up like a mummy...though i don't think Mother felt positive about either the cat or the kid's action...

I can't leave my cup of water unattended for two seconds without my cat trying to shove her face in it.

look on the bright side, at least he isn't his ass

:smoking:

• 5 months later...

I don't mind that the cats kill stuff; but I'm only going to load the dice in wildlife's favour.

My cats spent the first year or so of their life living in rural Devon, basically on a farm.

We got a couple or corpses every day; and the occasional present for us to play with. This was when the twins resolved the eternal argument of who was the better hunter; one would bring a huge number mice, rats, voles, birds and (sadly bats) and hunted with a complete banzai approach, that surely shouldn't have let her kill anything. the other was a plotter, a waiter and an ambusher - who's ambushes were invariably spoiled by banzai cat.

However, the plotter brought us home an adder she'd killed; and then retired from hunting. I think she felt that she had nothing left to prove, and however many little things her sister would bring in, she would forever be trumped by that adder.

More recently we probably get 1 kill every other month or so; which has actually gone down since we installed cat-tv - we now have a bird feeder on the outside of an upstairs window; the birds are safe, and the cats can spend endless hours just watching them.

Worst bad-cat story from mine was in that first year on the farm, Mrs Tyler was woken up by a peeping sound that sounded like her phone alarm, just quieter, wondered why it was ringing whilst it was still dark, but saw the 2 little beauties / terrors watching her very intently; so she tried to cuddle them and wondered why they seemed so interested in her, but avoiding of any cuddles.

She turned over to find a pigeon; about twice the size of the 2 cats combined, placed on her pillow between the 2 of us; just struggling out the last of its' death peeps.

On another occasion my dad was house sitting for us whilst we had a fortnight's holiday; now he and his wife are utter clean freaks; so we were surprised when we got home and the bedroom stank - that stink of wet clothes piled up before they were dried. We narrowed it down to the duvet cover which absolutely reeked to high heaven. So we washed it and dried it; and washed it and dried it; and did so again again, amazed that this had happened, we just couldn't get the smell out of it. So we phoned dad to ask if there had been a specific spill on it - but he didn't know of anything, but said that they'd washed the duvet cover a few times because of the smell.

On our 4th time of hanging it up to dry, a small mass of disintegrated.... biological matter fell out of the corner.

Something had been chased up there, where it had died, of either fright or drowning, and been washed into that linen so many times it had embedded itself in there.

We got new duvet covers.

The local strays ID'd my father as an easy mark and we had started feeding a tiger cat. We would let him come and go from the house as he pleased and one day he came back with a rat I think or maybe a pigeon for me father as some sort tribute. After that we started calling him Orion. That soon became his name for only government and veterinary purposes and he became Gary.

And Polyphemus likes knocking things off the counter.

I just took delivery, from my parents' house, of the antique baby grand piano that I grew up with. I am very excited. I am also terrified. This is because I now need to protect it from my SO's cats -- who I swear to you are named Foo and Fighter -- since they have their claws. We have not yet worked out the long-term solution for this; for now the legs of the piano are wrapped in veterinary tape, there's a large quilt over the body and keyboard, and we think maybe if we play enough Bartók they'll be too afraid of the piano to go near it.

EDIT: I love this thread title.

The cat hasn't been bad yet today, but I suspect he will be very shortly. All morning, at least since I woke up, and probably early, he's been staring at the trash can. Only moving to look at it from a different angle. He didn't even finish the wet food I gave him this morning so that he could get back to looking at it. As far as I can tell, the can doesn't look or smell any different than it ever does, and I don't think there's anything different than usual in there. But something must be different because he's never shown any interest in it before.

I've already noticed him leaning up against it with his front paws so that he could sniff near the lid. Its tall, plastic, and lightweight, and only a matter of time until he knocks it over.

could you have a rodent? :ack:

Not quite. I'd been waiting to throw out the bag because I'll be cooking chicken later and have to throw out the bag again then. But I just went ahead and did it anyway after posting. Turns out there were two bugs in there; not cockroaches, but I'm not sure what they were. I got one while removing the bag, and while I was out tossing the bag, the cat got the other. 

Turns out he was a good cat. 

And hopefully there aren't any more of the bugs, whatever they were.

Tonight he came in smelling strongly of badger. He has been fixated on certain trees and bushes in the garden this week.

However, since we moved 10 weeks ago, no hunting at all. He is preoccupied with trying to establish his dominance. He is a huge black tom, and his nemesis is a white cat, nearly as big. Plus, we still have no cat flap, so he's annoyed about that.

His favourite was live mice, I think he brought them in to try and teach us to hunt, but the weirdest was a dragonfly.

Oh, and sticking his head in a glass of water... we just gave in and got him his own glass.

I kicked my asshole cat out of the house.  She was getting so fat and despite having two separate bowls of food in two different locations of the house, she refused to let my old cat eat, to the point where Chloe - already a tiny little thing - was emaciated and weighing about 1 pound.  And on top of not letting her eat, asshole cat would stalk her throughout the house and just beat the hell out of her for fun.  She was a bullying asshole and I'd had enough, kicked her out.

Now she lays around our front porch all day acting pathetic but surprise of all surprises, like most bullies when someone her own size gets in her face she runs like a little coward.  There's a tomcat that wanders the neighborhood and he straight up kicks her ass and steals her food, which is feline karma if there ever was such a thing.  She doesn't do a thing to stop any animal from eating her food now as we've caught two different skunks, a possum and at least three other neighborhood cats (our neighborhood has a lot of freaking cats) eating out of her bowl while she just sits in the corner growling but not actually doing anything.  

I'll never forget the first time we discovered one of the skunks.  We're sitting outside sharing our nightly cigarette and hear something violently attacking the food.  "Geez you pig," my wife remarks at how violently the food is being eaten and then I notice asshole cat sitting on the sidewalk looking towards her food dish with pathetic eyes.  My wife looks down (the food dish is literally less than a foot from her chair) and there's a damned skunk.  It looks up long enough to determine if we're going to mess with it - which we do the opposite of that by running as silently and quickly away as possible - and then goes right back to eating.  

My cat has not forgotten any of his training during my absence.  This morning he threatened to knock over the food bin just as I sat down to have my first cup of coffee.  I promptly filled his dish, he finished it while I had 1 sip of coffee and then threatened to knock it over again.  

Do I get up and just refill it?  Do I let him knock it over, make a fuss, refill the dish and then clean up a big mess?

Refill the dish.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived