Legend of Korra Season 3

Sci-2

In retrospect, I think they should have kept Aman as the main villain in the second season (I know they weren't certain that they were going to get a second season, but let's pretend that someone is remaking LoK). That would have required some substantial changes, but in the long run it would have been better imo.

:agree: I would rate Amon as my favourite Avatar villain (just the best), and the Equalists were the best 'bad guy' faction. Kinda sad that was all dealt with in one season.

Trailer # 2, focuses on the first few eps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1eWFelQzd0

This is such a gorgeous looking series.

lol

"Change can be good or bad."

Thanks Tenzin.

I think the equalists were a valid movement and while their leader turned out to be a sham, the fact he was also a bender should have pissed the followers off more. I don't think Amon could work as a leader any more but I do think the equalists could and should return with a new non-bender leader. Maybe with Varrik pulling the strings and using an actor? He knows how to use the media to manipulate .

:agree: I would rate Amon as my favourite Avatar villain (just the best), and the Equalists were the best 'bad guy' faction. Kinda sad that was all dealt with in one season.

I agree. I wouldn't say he's the best, since ATLA was filled to the brim with great villains, but he certainly had the potential to be the best. He did have - without a doubt - the best ending to an arc in the entire series. That was an exceptionally powerful scene and it really felt organic, like it grew out of the story that had been told in the past episodes instead of being a cheap plot twist.

I think the equalists were a valid movement and while their leader turned out to be a sham, the fact he was also a bender should have pissed the followers off more. I don't think Amon could work as a leader any more but I do think the equalists could and should return with a new non-bender leader. Maybe with Varrik pulling the strings and using an actor? He knows how to use the media to manipulate .

With a reveal like this? :D

I think that Long Feng...err Long Gone...;)....was a great villain. Or Azula.

Or of course Zuko and Iroh, who turned out good.

Amon was well..the most dangerous one. The Avatar was freaked out about him. Aang could run away from all his enemies(in a fight), but even Hama got the better of him, if not for Katara. Aang could have been overcome by Amon easily.

What exactly happened to "Moustache Guy" ?

I doubt he died of a splinter.

He could very well lead the equalists.

And Varrick could supply them.

This was what I was about to mention. In the end, the Lieutenant was my favorite villain in season 1 because he was consistent and actually believed in what he was fighting for. It was such a great moment when he learned of Amon's betrayal and actually attacked him. Also, electrified kali sticks. I would be more than happy if he made a reappearance.

This was what I was about to mention. In the end, the Lieutenant was my favorite villain in season 1 because he was consistent and actually believed in what he was fighting for. It was such a great moment when he learned of Amon's betrayal and actually attacked him. Also, electrified kali sticks. I would be more than happy if he made a reappearance.

I don't think he was a villain.

All the equalists..for that matter.

They wanted equality and power to those who could not defend themselves.

They send a message and a symbol. "non benders are not weak, and they are numerous and together they could take over".

I think it was an important thing they did, and noble.

Besides, they didn't kill no one and yeah..

They just believed in something, and especially believed that this was the only way they could go with their hope.

They send a message and a symbol. "non benders are not weak, and they are numerous and together they could take over".

They just believed in something, and especially believed that this was the only way they could go with their hope.

Yeah, sure, I agree with that. Antagonist, maybe, at least from the perspective that they are attacking the main protagonists. But yeah, I totally think the Equalist movement is legitimate and I do think the show should include some of the ongoing contention with that. It would be amazing if they could portray a more liberal coalition of the Equalist movement, in comparison to the radical faction lead by Amon. Just to complicate things and really focus on the difficulties faced by burgeoning civil rights movements.

Possibly too complicated for a kids show, though.

I wouldn't say they killed no one. They did drop a lot of bombs, after all.

I wouldn't say they killed no one. They did drop a lot of bombs, after all.

But no one ever got hurt :lol:

Not even Zhao is dead..

I guess Jet is so far the only one that died in the show onscreen, not counting the airbenders and Katara's mom.

(admittedly, there are some, but I don't recall them right now..)

What if the equalists go all India with their movement? Separate the hindus and muslim in different countries?

That would be an interesting thing.

I think from ATLA that some of the Earth Kingdom cities were completely non bending.

Perhaps we will get that.

And yes it is a kid's show, but a pretty complicated one to begin with. And sneaky as hell. They have genocide and war as themes and manage it to keep the body count extremely low, without taking away the seriousness.

Combustion Man.

probably Xin Fu and Master Yu too, as none of them were metal benders and even if they were found by people, they could never get them out of there. Poor bastards.

Roku died..kinda.

And the men on board of the Air Ship, who Sokka just dropped into the open sea.

It always makes me smile when I watch the Iroh Jr. vs. the biplanes sequence because they make sure to put in a guy with a parachute every time a plane goes down. :D

that. so much.

Safest world to live in. Everyone, really everyone, has plot armor.

It's like in Disney shorts, when the characters drop out of a plane and then make a hole in the ground of their body shape, or that hunter dude, when he shoots, it just hurts the ass of Bugs Bunny.

that. so much.

Safest world to live in. Everyone, really everyone, has plot armor.

It's like in Disney shorts, when the characters drop out of a plane and then make a hole in the ground of their body shape, or that hunter dude, when he shoots, it just hurts the ass of Bugs Bunny.

I have to say that that's something I really don't like about this show. I don't know why because it was the same in ATLA, but here it seems more in your face (e.g. the plane sequence). That's also something that turned me off of the Lieutenant as a villain, he was always stomped on and defeated but he just came back kicking ass again. I can accept that with the benders, who can pull of a safe with their powers or with someone like Sokka, who has a talented waterbender healer at hand, but I really found it odd that the Lieutenant never seemed affected by the beatings he got.

Ha, forgot about that. him and Varrick are quite similar besides one is clever and the other isn't

Have to say I have yet to watch Iron Man 3, I just knew that scene from all the online rage clips about the "character assassination" of the Mandarin (that's the villain's name right?)

I think that Long Feng...err Long Gone... ;)....was a great villain. Or Azula.

Or of course Zuko and Iroh, who turned out good.

Amon was well..the most dangerous one. The Avatar was freaked out about him. Aang could run away from all his enemies(in a fight), but even Hama got the better of him, if not for Katara. Aang could have been overcome by Amon easily.

Speaking of great villains... Was anyone else pissed that we got to see Admiral Zhao in LoK So2? I liked the fact that the original series kept his faith a mystery and here we see him again... and the reveal was pretty lame imo.

I thought that the Wan Shi - ignorant piece a let down, little man in radio..

But the Zhao thing was pretty good.

Only Iroh made no sense.

And Lieutenant obviously has strong bones. He drinks his sk bison milk everyday to give him calcium for his bones. And he sucks on his kali sticks for the extra iron, so his bruises heal quickly and his blood regenerates ahhaha :D

So far the one obvious change they should do: Give them some more costume changes. Korra's heavy snow gear just doesn't fit in for everywhere. Even Aang had a few sets of clothes and costume changes in one season..

Same goes for Mako and Bolin...well Bolin had some variety this season..

And don't make Firebenders the usual suspects/culprits. It is always them. Racism I say.

I was pretty annoyed that the berserk troop that attacked the Northern Tribe wore those fade red costumes that are obviously Fire Nation Colony.

Archived