Cineplex playing finale on the big screen in Canada

SpaceChampion

NOOOO! The closest one is in the city 20 minutes away, but I only just got my license and have no idea how to get there.... :( Now I'll have to watch it on my television like the poorfolk.

Haha watching it like peasants, hopefuly they do this next year so i can go :)

the one by my house did it. it was quite the experience

Which one?

I went, 3 hours ahead of time. It was sold out. Was told all theatres in the Toronto area were sold out. Grrrr.

That's okay, met up with a boarder for the first time and had a great time talking about ASOIAF and GOT over drinks. So there, Cineplex, so there!

I hear some theatres were selling out a week ago. I didn't even hear about it until Friday. I posted about it then but the post wasn't approved by the moderator last time I checked before heading to the theatre tonight.

I did hear about this, but I had no idea it was so popular! Sold out all over the city, that far in advance? I live in the west end of Toronto myself, not far from one that was playing the finale... I thought about going for a minute and decided against it. I really enjoy watching it on my setup at home, but maybe if they do it again, I'll give it a whirl sometime.

Some of you guys seem to vastly underestimate how popular Game of Thrones is, haha. I tried to get tickets as soon as I heard about it, which was last Saturday, and they were already sold out, as I'd feared. I tried the downtown Toronto theatre and the Scarborough theatre. The Etobicoke one I thought would be too far for me on a Sunday night, but I'm sure it was sold out anyway. Wish it was playing in more theatres.

Ah well, next year.

If anyone visited the GoT Exhibition in Toronto, you might get an idea of the popularity. The tickets sold out way in advance, and the rush line was 2 hours long.

• 11 months later...

Cineplex is doing this again this year. I got coupon codes back on May 27th when this was announced, but the website appeared to say everything was sold out. Thousands of fans complained it was sold out everywhere. I thought it might be just not be released on the website, so tried it again just now and got tickets! Cineplex did a poor job explaining the process, because thousands who wanted to go didn't realise they'd have to wait a week to actually redeem the coupon codes.

Archived