How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

[...]Kristen Stewart [...]

I actually liked Kristen Stewart in Twilight...

Don't judge me because I watched it and liked it(though Interview with the Vampire ruined it for me)

And Kristen was very good in it. Maybe because I didn't read those damn books, but I really like that emotionally cold and real thing that she gives.

And I will not go into a corner of shame for admitting that. No I wont! :lol:

And I didn't get why there was so few of Dany and Meereen this season, even if it would have been wise to really get into that matter, but so much lame filler of Jon and his homies. Really added nothing to the story. They don't know how to measure good characters.

Oh, and I said it before: Anyone with me here, that Harington should get rid of that peasant's accent he does as Jon Snow? He is raised as a high born, he should speak like one. He sounds like nothing he should sound like. Better use his original accent.

I actually liked Kristen Stewart in Twilight...

Don't judge me because I watched it and liked it(though Interview with the Vampire ruined it for me)

And Kristen was very good in it. Maybe because I didn't read those damn books, but I really like that emotionally cold and real thing that she gives.

And I will not go into a corner of shame for admitting that. No I wont! :lol:

And I didn't get why there was so few of Dany and Meereen this season, even if it would have been wise to really get into that matter, but so much lame filler of Jon and his homies. Really added nothing to the story. They don't know how to measure good characters.

Oh, and I said it before: Anyone with me here, that Harington should get rid of that peasant's accent he does as Jon Snow? He is raised as a high born, he should speak like one. He sounds like nothing he should sound like. Better use his original accent.

One of my best friends liked Twilight. I joked with her, but no, I don't judge others for their likes and dislikes. We all have our guilty pleasures.

I will back up my assertion that Kristen Stewart couldn't act her way out of a paper bag, though :)

Dany's been at the forefront for three seasons, but her story hit a natural lull. Jon's story, on the other hand, has been on the backburner for the past three seasons, but starts to heat up becomes one of the more prominent plotlines in the story. It was important to show Jon's transition from accused traitor to leader of the Night's Watch, which made Craster's Keep important. Otherwise, Jon would have had no opportunity to demonstrate his leadership abilities before the battle of Castle Black- and by then, it would be too late.

Also, Jon, Ned and Robb all use a northern accent. It makes sense, considering they are in the North, and male. The girls don't speak like the boys do, but I imagine they would be raised to speak more like proper Southern ladies. Being high born doesn't necessarily mean you will have a different accent than those around you. Personally, I like that he uses a northern accent. Sounds more authentic.

Edited by sj4iy

One of my best friends liked Twilight. I joked with her, but no, I don't judge others for their likes and dislikes. We all have our guilty pleasures.

I will back up my assertion that Kristen Stewart couldn't act her way out of a paper bag, though :)

Dany's been at the forefront for three seasons, but her story hit a natural lull. Jon's story, on the other hand, has been on the backburner for the past three seasons, but starts to heat up becomes one of the more prominent plotlines in the story. It was important to show Jon's transition from accused traitor to leader of the Night's Watch, which made Craster's Keep important. Otherwise, Jon would have had no opportunity to demonstrate his leadership abilities before the battle of Castle Black- and by then, it would be too late.

Also, Jon, Ned and Robb all use a northern accent. It makes sense, considering they are in the North, and male. The girls don't speak like the boys do, but I imagine they would be raised to speak more like proper Southern ladies. Being high born doesn't necessarily mean you will have a different accent than those around you. Personally, I like that he uses a northern accent. Sounds more authentic.

But it aint northern. He just sounds like a peasant.

Sean Bean used a northern accent and Richard Madden. Harington just says his words in a weird way. Sorry, but it sounds so unauthentic. He overdoes it so much. Ygritte is also at the limit with her accent.

It's like americans pretending to be british, that kind of overdoing an accent. After all, it is an accent, not a different language.

And don't start defending Craster's Keep. It was stupid and made no sense. "Oh, Mance is like 30 inches to the Wall, better go ranging and all.

I mean they can't go south of the Wall where like 50 men are, but north of the Wall were 100000 are? Please.

But it aint northern. He just sounds like a peasant.

Sean Bean used a northern accent and Richard Madden. Harington just says his words in a weird way. Sorry, but it sounds so unauthentic. He overdoes it so much. Ygritte is also at the limit with her accent.

It's like americans pretending to be british, that kind of overdoing an accent. After all, it is an accent, not a different language.

And don't start defending Craster's Keep. It was stupid and made no sense. "Oh, Mance is like 30 inches to the Wall, better go ranging and all.

I mean they can't go south of the Wall where like 50 men are, but north of the Wall were 100000 are? Please.

I will defend Craster's Keep because I felt that it solved a problem in the books...how to believably show Jon going from 'accused traitor' to 'elected leader'. I didn't think it was stupid at all, although I didn't like how they did Locke. But the books didn't do a good job of making it realistic that the NW would elect Jon as LC- it was one of those things that felt like the author said "Well, damn, I need him to be LC here, so, poof! Lord Commander" without really putting any thought behind whether it made sense. It didn't, by the way. In the show, they take the time to show Jon being exonerated (which he never was in the books), then showing him training the recruits, as well as giving advice and warnings about Castle Black's defenses. Craster's Keep was a great way to show that Jon could not only lead a successful mission to kill the mutineers, but that men trusted him enough to volunteer to go with him.

I already know you're not going to agree with anything I said, but I'm just pointing out that not everyone has the same opinion of show additions as you do. And yes, I thought the show did a better job of showing Jon's growth than the books did, and I stand by that. Oh, and Mance wasn't that close in the show, which slowed down the time frame considerably from the books. Plus there's a difference between 'ranging' and 'going to kill some people who could possibly have information detrimental to your defenses'.

Edited by sj4iy

As a Northern(ish) girl myself, I have to agree. Kit's accent makes me cringe

Ygritte's made me cringe.

But no one can beat Littlefinger for the most "WTF?" accent in the show. I don't even know what he's trying to sound like at all.

Edited by sj4iy

Ygritte's made me cringe.

But no one can beat Littlefinger for the most "WTF?" accent in the show. I don't even know what he's trying to sound like at all.

Aiden Gillen's accents (yes, accents. Plural :P)...oh my don't even get me started. I loved the Vale this season and it had some of the best acting imo. But Gillen was awful imo. I'd have to re-watch Ygritte to comment on her accent. I guess I've never found her performance particularly memorable...

Edited by HelenaAndTheMachine

As a Northern(ish) girl myself, I have to agree. Kit's accent makes me cringe

Not everyone is gifted at making accents from where one is not from, but he should just use his own, it wouldn't really matter...at least it would be better for him and his character.

sj:

Yah..well...in the show it was introduced that Mance was so extremely close and had so many people with him.

And the books made his LC thing a little bit better with the whole fighting while injured and all.

Crasters could have made sense, but they destroyed it by allowing people to run away(the women) I mean seriously, it was the whole point to sew the knowing mouths shut, yet they basically send them to Mance...or allow them to do what they want.

But you will disagree and find some argument against me, as always.

I am just sick of defending this show.

I give them a few things that they did better than the books. Like the capture of Tormund, that was an awesome well done moment, or near killing Thorne, perfectly handled. Making the butcher's son Janos hide in the butcher shop, great addition, but some stuff is just lame and doesn't help the story, but just kills it.

Same with that Olly boy who did nothing to the story. Rather would have had Sam or Pyp do it. Or an unnamed one. Not a kid.

Not an extra with three lines :P :devil:

Is Ygritte even supposed to sound Northern? I think if at all she should sound scottish or something more northern. (the real north :) )

I find her character and actress lame, yet she is pretty good at her job. And thank the gods she was pretty background this season.

Not everyone is gifted at making accents from where one is not from, but he should just use his own, it wouldn't really matter...at least it would be better for him and his character.

He didn't have a choice:

Kit said: "They asked Sean Bean whether he would do RP (received pronunciation). He said 'no' so they said 'right , you're all doing northern accents'.

Yah..well...in the show it was introduced that Mance was so extremely close and had so many people with him.

How? I'm failing to see how the show said that he was extremely close at all. He had 100k in both the book and the show. The show simply slowed down the progression of Mance's army because Castle Black was attacked not long after Jon returns in the books.

And the books made his LC thing a little bit better with the whole fighting while injured and all.

He was still seriously injured (and even moreso) in the show escaping. Noye giving him the Wall when he was badly injured on top of people still thinking he was a traitor made no sense at all, tbh. Even to Jon, who thinks of about 4 or 5 reasons why someone else should have been given command.

Crasters could have made sense, but they destroyed it by allowing people to run away(the women) I mean seriously, it was the whole point to sew the knowing mouths shut, yet they basically send them to Mance...or allow them to do what they want.

What kind of information will those women have? It's not like the mutineers would have sat there and told the women all of Castle Black's information while they were raping them.

But you will disagree and find some argument against me, as always.

I am just sick of defending this show.

This is a discussion board. People discuss things. I'm not finding arguments, I'm discussing opinions. We've agreed on some stuff and disagreed on others. Par for the course, right?

I give them a few things that they did better than the books. Like the capture of Tormund, that was an awesome well done moment, or near killing Thorne, perfectly handled. Making the butcher's son Janos hide in the butcher shop, great addition, but some stuff is just lame and doesn't help the story, but just kills it.

Same with that Olly boy who did nothing to the story. Rather would have had Sam or Pyp do it. Or an unnamed one. Not a kid.

Not an extra with three lines :P :devil:

I had no problem with Olly, and uh, he killed Ygritte, so I would say that qualifies as doing something in the story. I would be surprised if he doesn't end up as Jon's steward, and if there weren't some sort of fallout from the fact that he did kill Ygritte. His character has a lot of potential...it's all about whether they show exploits it, which, is too soon to tell at this point. But him killing Ygritte and Jon seeing it could make for some interesting drama later on.

Edited by sj4iy

Aiden Gillen's accents (yes, accents. Plural :P)...oh my don't even get me started. I loved the Vale this season and it had some of the best acting imo. But Gillen was awful imo. I'd have to re-watch Ygritte to comment on her accent. I guess I've never found her performance particularly memorable...

Yeah, it started off as sort of a generic English accent and then has morphed into god knows what now XD Some bastard hybrid of American/Irish/English something, lol.

we don't need another add to the child quota.

That 8year old at the Wall is out of place. What can he do after all?. Nothing.

It's not an orphanage, it's an outpost made to guard the world from wildlings and Others and Wights and whatever may lurk out there.

They don't even have day care.

Plus, Jon can't fall in love with Olly. A major plot point, if not the most interesting one that happened to Jon after he returned to the Wall, even if so few people value that part, or ignore it.

we don't need another add to the child quota.

That 8year old at the Wall is out of place. What can he do after all?. Nothing.

It's not an orphanage, it's an outpost made to guard the world from wildlings and Others and Wights and whatever may lurk out there.

They don't even have day care.

Plus, Jon can't fall in love with Olly. A major plot point, if not the most interesting one that happened to Jon after he returned to the Wall, even if so few people value that part, or ignore it.

Uh, whoever said anything about Jon falling in love with Olly? Olly isn't replacing Val, he's replacing Satin. And it's the Night's Watch...it essentially IS an orphanage of sorts. They can find uses for boys, even young ones. Even in the books, Jon takes 99 Wildling boys hostage and puts them to work...same with the kids from Molestown. Olly also helped fight during the battle of Castle Black and killed Ygritte...I would say that he's not remotely useless.

In any case, Jon isn't in love with Val in the books, either. Attracted to her, yes...but not in love with her. I don't see how it's a major plot point in the books at all. Tormund can easily replace Val and go and fetch the Wildlings back to the Wall for Jon. Up to the end of ADwD, Val really isn't that important. Will she be important later on? We shall see. But Olly isn't replacing Val at all.

Uh, whoever said anything about Jon falling in love with Olly? Olly isn't replacing Val, he's replacing Satin. And it's the Night's Watch...it essentially IS an orphanage of sorts. They can find uses for boys, even young ones. Even in the books, Jon takes 99 Wildling boys hostage and puts them to work...same with the kids from Molestown. Olly also helped fight during the battle of Castle Black and killed Ygritte...I would say that he's not remotely useless.

In any case, Jon isn't in love with Val in the books, either. Attracted to her, yes...but not in love with her. I don't see how it's a major plot point in the books at all. Tormund can easily replace Val and go and fetch the Wildlings back to the Wall for Jon. Up to the end of ADwD, Val really isn't that important. Will she be important later on? We shall see. But Olly isn't replacing Val at all.

Didn't talk about Val.

Okay, then I'm utterly confused as to the "Jon falling in love with Olly" comment.

S-A-T-I-N

man.

Olly..You said he will be Jon's steward, hence Satin replacement.

I am confused how you got to Val with that one.

S-A-T-I-N

man.

Olly..You said he will be Jon's steward, hence Satin replacement.

I am confused how you got to Val with that one.

Jon doesn't fall in love with Satin, either.

I've seen people say that he is in love with Val...I've never seen anyone say that Jon is in love with Satin.

Edited by sj4iy

Jon doesn't fall in love with Satin, either.

I've seen people say that he is in love with Val...I've never seen anyone say that Jon is in love with Satin.

Sorry, but I am too lazy to discuss this.

But hey, upside for you: The show won't do a bisexual Jon Snow anyway. I mean..they could lose ratings.

Downside for every real book fan: Story will be more boring than it already was, because they take away all the subtle parts of it.

Upside for me: One more reason to skip the show, because I had it with "change".