[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

espec22

Loved it. Thinks Varys and Tyrion will make their way to Dany as they have knowledge on how to train Dragons. Jon will smash Mel and take control of the Wall. Arya will turn into an assassin and Bran will become the "Old Tree Man". Smart lady and I don't spoil it for her.

My unsullied husband was not impressed with this season. He said last season was better. He likes Dany and her story wasn't interesting this year. He doesn't like the stuff at the Wall and he doesn't like Stannis, so he wasn't impressed by his arrival. I think he did like the Brienne and Hound fight though and he didn't have much to say about Tyrion.

My unsullied brother has a bunch of crazy ideas and theories that are half rumours he has read online and half his own speculation, He is:

-convinced that Jon Snow's true father is Robert Baratheon (WTF?), based on the fact that Jon used a hammer last episode to kill the Thenn and someone told him that Robert liked to use a warhammer

-convinced that Sansa & LF have already had sex

-convinced that 'Oberyn's brother' is going to come after Cersei and seems to think Arya has gone to Dorne, not Braavos (again no idea why).

-thinks Varys is taking Tyrion straight to Dany and then Dany's army is coming to Westeros where she will marry Stannis. Hmm.

Bless him.

God bless the people described above. I haven't read the books yet (I ordered them today, will start reading in 3-4 days), but I'd say I've made quite intelligent guesses throughout the series so far.

I'd advice you to stay away from the forum until you've read the series. It's very easy to get spoiled here. At least be very careful.

They: "That whole bit with Tyrion seemed to be missing something"

Me: "A motivation for him to go see Tywin?"

They: "Yeah! Why not just head straight on the escape route?"

This was my husband's reaction as well. He didn't understand why/how Tyrion got into Tywin's chamber when he was supposed to be escaping...thought they had forgotten a scene or something! I had to explain the way it happens in the books for it to make sense to him.

He also thinks the Hound will be coming back.

I'd advice you to stay away from the forum until you've read the series. It's very easy to get spoiled here. At least be very careful.

I'm very careful, thank you very much for the warning though. A couple of minor things have been spoiled of course, but nothing major.

Archived