(Book spoilers) Why did Lena Headey do that?

Panos Targaryen

Lena Headey (actress who plays Cersei) posted a funny picture on Instagram with her fake-gouging Pedro Pascal's (Oberyn) eyes out, before the 9th episode came out, obviously foreshadowing Oberyn's death. Then, some days before the finale, she posted a picture of a heart made of stones, referencing Lady Stoneheart. Yet there was no LSH reveal. Why would she do that? Was she misinformed by the producers/writers? Trolling?

I think that Pedro Pascal photo was for an official photoshoot. The LS thing, I think was trolling as you said. Either way I don't really mind the fact that we don't have any LS, cause I always thought she was a pretty pointless character anyway.

I think there's a competition among the cast to see who trolls the fans better. Alfie Alle took an early lead by convincing all the members of his family to state that they were taking auditions for the series, and Lena decided that she should rise the bets up.

Honestly, If there were thousands of people overanalyzing anything I said to extreme points, I'd troll a little too.

People should really not be attacking her personally.

I reckon she thought the trolling was in jest. It wasn't just the insta pic, she also made an account and posted anagrams before the episode aired. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/user/90938-lh031073/

However I was extremely upset by it. Her posts were literally the basis of my Lady Stoneheart hopefulness and I was one of those who refused to believe otherwise, because why would Lena post that if it wasn't included. I felt literally shattered when it didn't happen, my favourite character and favourite plot twist being omitted.

Maybe its a lesson that I shouldn't take the tv show so seriously, and I have learnt my lesson: NEVER EXPECT ANYTHING FROM HBO. Expectation= dissapointment. This isn't the song of ice and fire. Next season I CERTAINLY WILL NOT be following the show, and speculation in the lead up as I did this season. I may even refrain from watching it till its finished.

Also well done Lena you trolled me good. :crying: :crying: :crying: I hope it feels good to know you ruined someone's day. :crying: :crying: :crying:

I was hoping she would show up last night, I think Stoneheart will still show up next season.

I wouldn't get your hopes up man. I've made that mistake far too many time with this fucking show.

If we get her next season it will be because D&D are pandering to the fan backlash WHICH THEY FUCKING DESERVE

It's funny (in a depressing way) how many signs/hints there have been all season (within and outside of the show) like Cat being mentioned a billion times, Lena's instagram,.. and we eventually get zeppo. I mean sure there was never something concrete, but didn't D&D realize how pretty much everything (or at least a lot of things) pointed in that direction ? Are they aware of it and just feast on despair ? Complete mystery.

It's funny (in a depressing way) how many signs/hints there have been all season (within and outside of the show) like Cat being mentioned a billion times, Lena's instagram,.. and we eventually get zeppo. I mean sure there was never something concrete, but didn't D&D realize how pretty much everything (or at least a lot of things) pointed in that direction ? Are they aware of it and just feast on despair ? Complete mystery.

I think they are just trolling book readers at that point. As if it wasn't bad enough with their bias and writing, now they're doing this.

I think they are just trolling book readers at that point. As if it wasn't bad enough with their bias and writing, now they're doing this.

Yeah I've tried to stay out of the "D&D hate" wagon so far but here I need someone to explain their choices to me like I'm a five year-old because I don't get them at all.

From where I stand it just look like a huge middle-finger to book readers:

- Cat and Brienne and Jaime's oath to her mentioned 1458 times : No LS

- Scene with Jaime and Cersei in the WST : they bang on the table, with Jaime pushing the White Book away

- They are given a golden occasion to complexify Tyrion's character : nope.

But then, who cares about well-written, compelling and consistent character development, right ?

yeah, Lena Headey's stone heart on instragam, as well as Loras's actor saying "I really think they should bring back Michelle, cos her performance as Catelyn was awesome". (or words to that effect) because that was my source of hope.

I started having serious doubts ever since Michelle's interview to a fan site a while back. She gave such a convoluted and almost apologetic answer that I immediately suspected something was up. It wasn't your standard denial/no comments/wait and see thing, but some seriously weird beat-around-the-bush stuff.

Archived