Netflix's new epic drama - 'Marco Polo'

AncalagonTheBlack

The blind monk, to me, is an awesome character. I don't care how lame it seems, the actor played it perfectly and made it work for me.

Get over the damn naked kung fu scene, it happened once, people still complaining about it are just looking for something to complain about. It was well done, too.

This show is great, definitely got better in the final 2-3 episodes. The free nudity seemed to have calmed down in the final 4-5 episodes, another thing people complain about non stop even if it was only in the first half, really.

My complaint is more about how the kung fu has to be thrown in our faces (the naked ninja whore encapsulates this). As if you could not make a movie about the Far East without kung fu. A naked whore kills heavily armed soldiers quite easily. A bureaucrat who began as a peasant is a master martial artist above any man in the army. A mystical blind monk can kick everyones ass, yes he is blind. The first thing you would do with your foreign pet is send him to the blind master to learn martial arts of course.

I thought those things detracted from the show. But I do love the blind monk despite his ridiculousness.

I liked the initial episodes, but it really seemed as if they didn't know what they were doing with the antagonist, which really made the story arc rudderless at sections.

But I really liked the guy they got to play Kublai Khan. It was nice to see such a large asian caste in a hollywood production.

I kept hoping we'd get a scene where hundred eyes says "you really think I'm blind? Really? After all the shit you've seen me do? Surely. you know it's just a ruse?" Maybe next season. Otherwise I wonder if this is part of the Marvel Universe and Hundred eyes is a "daredevil" totem?

I kept hoping we'd get a scene where hundred eyes says "you really think I'm blind? Really? After all the shit you've seen me do? Surely. you know it's just a ruse?" Maybe next season. Otherwise I wonder if this is part of the Marvel Universe and Hundred eyes is a "daredevil" totem?

I could forgive hundred eyes - but I found it much harder to accept the fact that the cricket minister was a kung fu master. (But at least Marco Polo wasn't the one who kung fued him to death).

I could forgive hundred eyes - but I found it much harder to accept the fact that the cricket minister was a kung fu master. (But at least Marco Polo wasn't the one who kung fued him to death).

I was surprised it wasn't revealed that hundred eyes trained or trained with the chinese guy. Given the fact his sister was a sexy assassin too, I wasn't so surprised he was as well. It does feel like we were owed a flashback to connect some dots though.

I made I think to the 4th or 5th episode of this show but got distracted by The Wire, and tbh I haven't had much desire to get back into it. Apparently it gets better?

Idk, its definitely a nice looking show, and the action sequences are cool and everything, as is the historical element, but idk I don't feel particularly attached to any of the characters tbh. Maybe I'm just jaded with these types of shows anymore.

I just finished this show yesterday. It was ok. Not great, but not terrible either.

When watching the first episode, I kept wondering: how the fuck did Bam Margera get cast in the lead role!??! I had to pay attention to the credits in the second episode to see if it was him. Couldn't shake the similarity through the whole series. Drove me crazy!

I made I think to the 4th or 5th episode of this show but got distracted by The Wire, and tbh I haven't had much desire to get back into it. Apparently it gets better?

Idk, its definitely a nice looking show, and the action sequences are cool and everything, as is the historical element, but idk I don't feel particularly attached to any of the characters tbh. Maybe I'm just jaded with these types of shows anymore.

To be fair the Wire makes everything look amateur - I even wondered what the big deal was about breaking bad when I watched the first season immediately after watching the entireity of the Wire.

We're on episode 10 now. I've really enjoyed the show. It's not the Wire, Breaking Bad, Rome, etc, but so what? Not every show has to be the pinnacle for me to enjoy or be worth my time.

Solid show. Fun and doesn't take itself too seriously.

I finally got a chance to see the first episode and... bleh. The production design is nice and all, but pretty much everything else, characters, dialog, plot, acting was not (some of the acting was fine, but the actors were not given much to work with at all). Its not as aggressively bad as some of the reviews made it seem, but I thinks its really not that good at all. I'll give it another episode or two, to see if it grows on me, but it doesn't look promising.

I was surprised it wasn't revealed that hundred eyes trained or trained with the chinese guy. Given the fact his sister was a sexy assassin too, I wasn't so surprised he was as well. It does feel like we were owed a flashback to connect some dots though.

Honestly, I am curious where he learned it, seeing how the show painted his early years as him being the do nothing who pimped his super duper young baby sister.

Honestly, I am curious where he learned it, seeing how the show painted his early years as him being the do nothing who pimped his super duper young baby sister.

But did we see where his sister acquired her kick-ass skills? I can see how they'd both be trained by the same person.

But did we see where his sister acquired her kick-ass skills? I can see how they'd both be trained by the same person.

Completely different styles though. I can totally buy that as a kid, his sister got him out of a lot of really shitty positions so he worked his ass off to not be shamed by her.

Archived