Say you wake up tomorrow in Westeros....

Dead

And you're at The Inn Of The Kneeling Man, the story is directly where ADWD ended, how long do you think you could survive? Whats the first thing you would go do? Would you warn any characters of impending doom or do you just find someplace safe to hide?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this topic has been done 100x, I hit the search button and didnt see anything like this, so uh, keep the angry responses to a minimum please :)

Go find Varys and shake that man's hand...then ask him what his endgame is. He wouldn't give me a straight answer, but it's a question that needs asking!

No but seriously

Assuming you mean that it is literally me, myself who is waking up there then I would be useless with a sword. I'd probably die very quickly if I didn't have any money. Say I had 20 silvers and 10 gold dragons. I'd give them 10 silvers to stay at the inn for a while, as I wouldn't know what else to do. Then that night a small band of outlaws and broken men raid the inn. Most of the people at the inn die pretty quickly, but a few have taken up arms and fight them off. All this time I'm hiding in the closet in my room whimpering. The only survivor is a particularly skilled sellsword. He is travelling along the Red Fork and the Trident to Maidenpool, and seems as slimy as a sell sword can be, but simple, and poor. I offer him two gold dragons to get me to Maidenpool. He willingly accepts (after biting the coins first), and we ride for a fortnight, mercifully spared the wrath of outlaws. At Maidenpool I say farewell to this unpleasant man and find a ship. One ship - the Maiden's Sweet Sweet Ass - is going to Braavos, and the friendly captain accepts three gold dragons for the passage. Before the transaction is completed however, horns sound, and a great uproar is heard. Then a flank of cavalry baring black banners emblazoned with a red dragon with three heads storm the town. A teenager with purple eyes and silver hair leads them. His swordsmen quickly overcome the swords of House Mooton, and the Targaryens take over the castle and Lord William Mooton surrenders and declares for King Aegon sixth of his name of the House Targaryen, king of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. The king leaves, and I go and work as a servant in Lord Mooton's castle. I keep warning people about the Others, but they all laugh. A few months later, word quickly travels that the wall has collapsed and that the Others are invading the North, and raising the dead as their servants. Soon darkness falls. An endless night. I have a brief and glib I told you so moment, and then realise what's actually happening and literally shit in my pants. Soon, the petty wars and grudges of the seven kingdoms fade away as everyone panics about the Long Night. The populations begin to migrate as far south as possible, and to the coasts. But the cold winds are savage, and people begin to freeze to death. I have the warmth of Lord Mooton's hearths but rumour spreads that Mooton is slowly culling his servants to prolong the winter food stores. I am trapped in a castle where I will eventually be killed, unable to escape because I will freeze outside. And the Others are approaching. I finally realise that I am trapped in GRRM's world, and I am under his cruel dominion now. Soon it is so cold Mooton's fires shrivel and die, and a sickening cold takes us all. And I remember Old Nan's story of the Long Night, and remember those lords freezing in their castles. And I shiver. And die. When I stand up again, my eyes blaze blue.

Or at least I hope that's what would happen to me if I ended up in the Winds of Winter by George RR Martin. Because I want the Others to happen now. I can't wait any longer! XD

Go find Varys and shake that man's hand...then ask him what his endgame is. He wouldn't give me a straight answer, but it's a question that needs asking!

No but seriously

Assuming you mean that it is literally me, myself who is waking up there then I would be useless with a sword. I'd probably die very quickly if I didn't have any money. Say I had 20 silvers and 10 gold dragons. I'd give them 10 silvers to stay at the inn for a while, as I wouldn't know what else to do. Then that night a small band of outlaws and broken men raid the inn. Most of the people at the inn die pretty quickly, but a few have taken up arms and fight them off. All this time I'm hiding in the closet in my room whimpering. The only survivor is a particularly skilled sellsword. He is travelling along the Red Fork and the Trident to Maidenpool, and seems as slimy as a sell sword can be, but simple, and poor. I offer him two gold dragons to get me to Maidenpool. He willingly accepts (after biting the coins first), and we ride for a fortnight, mercifully spared the wrath of outlaws. At Maidenpool I say farewell to this unpleasant man and find a ship. One ship - the Maiden's Sweet Sweet Ass - is going to Braavos, and the friendly captain accepts three gold dragons for the passage. Before the transaction is completed however, horns sound, and a great uproar is heard. Then a flank of cavalry baring black banners emblazoned with a red dragon with three heads storm the town. A teenager with purple eyes and silver hair leads them. His swordsmen quickly overcome the swords of House Mooton, and the Targaryens take over the castle and Lord William Mooton surrenders and declares for King Aegon sixth of his name of the House Targaryen, king of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. The king leaves, and I go and work as a servant in Lord Mooton's castle. I keep warning people about the Others, but they all laugh. A few months later, word quickly travels that the wall has collapsed and that the Others are invading the North, and raising the dead as their servants. Soon darkness falls. An endless night. I have a brief and glib I told you so moment, and then realise what's actually happening and literally shit in my pants. Soon, the petty wars and grudges of the seven kingdoms fade away as everyone panics about the Long Night. The populations begin to migrate as far south as possible, and to the coasts. But the cold winds are savage, and people begin to freeze to death. I have the warmth of Lord Mooton's hearths but rumour spreads that Mooton is slowly culling his servants to prolong the winter food stores. I am trapped in a castle where I will eventually be killed, unable to escape because I will freeze outside. And the Others are approaching. I finally realise that I am trapped in GRRM's world, and I am under his cruel dominion now. Soon it is so cold Mooton's fires shrivel and die, and a sickening cold takes us all. And I remember Old Nan's story of the Long Night, and remember those lords freezing in their castles. And I shiver. And die. When I stand up again, my eyes blaze blue.

Or at least I hope that's what would happen to me if I ended up in the Winds of Winter by George RR Martin. Because I want the Others to happen now. I can't wait any longer! XD

perfection

After I stopped screaming, crying and wetting my pants? I'd run to find the nexx maester, prove that I know more of math than all the maesters combined and ask him to get me shipped to the Citadel. Talents gotta pay of. Well, more like 500 years headstart and working in a math-heavy branch. Nothing more I could do before somebody invents computers, robots or modern communication.

Since I have been interested in swords and fencing for fifteen years now, I would immediately use my wits to acquire a sword. Then I would quietly leave and work as a sell sword until I could afford to book passage to Pyke where I would swear fealty to Euron. I would worm my way to his inner circle until I met the Damphair. I would then pledge my sword to remove the godless man. Once Victarion returns with Daenerys and the dragons I would bend the knee to my King and Queen and serve as they need until becoming Hand and serving dutifully for the next 30 years

Hey you never said this had to be realistic story wise. Or at all since I'm an ok fencer but likely not this well haha

First I'd work my way to Braavos then considering my ability to read, write and do math would be pretty advanced compared to 99% of the populace I'd become a banker or find employment writing letters, notes and contracts for some lord. I would also invent science, create the theory of gravity, E=MC^2 among many other amazing things.

Well that or find my way to Jon and tell him where all his siblings are and basically tell him everything I know about the universe from the books

First I'd work my way to Braavos then considering my ability to read, write and do math would be pretty advanced compared to 99% of the populace I'd become a banker or find employment writing letters, notes and contracts for some lord. I would also invent science, create the theory of gravity, E=MC^2 among many other amazing things.

Well that or find my way to Jon and tell him where all his siblings are and basically tell him everything I know about the universe from the books

Ok, so so so much smarter than my plan.

I'd find the nearest weirwood tree and sit there until someone of the Old Gods showed up, then offer my abilities as a scribe, herbal student and cook to survive the coming Winter. And tell stories like Old Nan. Basically, I'd become the New Nan.

I'd find the nearest weirwood tree and sit there until someone of the Old Gods showed up, then offer my abilities as a scribe, herbal student and cook to survive the coming Winter. And tell stories like Old Nan. Basically, I'd become the New Nan.

Also much smarter than my plan

Most likely die.

As we are at the end of ADwD, food is increasingly sparse, Winter is coming, and modern knowledge won't help me get means to survive.

Were we during Summer, things might have been different, but surviving Winter is highly unlikely for anyone if you ask me.

Most likely i would first enter a state of deep depression and die very quickly as i have no money, or martial skill to speak off.

However if i somehow retained my sanity, i would found a way to leave Westeros ASAP and go to Braavos and use the benefit of being much smarter than anyone else to get a really well payed, influental and safe position. Then i would live my life, rich, famous and be hailed as a genius for all the things i would 'invent'.

Or join the Cotf and spend the rest of my eternal days as an embodiment of nature.

Most likely i would first enter a state of deep depression and die very quickly as i have no money, or martial skill to speak off.

However if i somehow retained my sanity, i would found a way to leave Westeros ASAP and go to Braavos and use the benefit of being much smarter than anyone else to get a really well payed, influental and safe position. Then i would live my life, rich, famous and be hailed as a genius for all the things i would 'invent'.

Or join the Cotf and spend the rest of my eternal days as an embodiment of nature.

Thats a long walk from the Wall to that cave

make a steam engine, invent gun powder, and take over.

This. Steam engines are not too complicated to build in concept, and once you introduce the idea to the Maesters I'm sure they will run with it. Also I would try to take over the citadel after I have gained a suitable following there. With that mindpower and the wealth of Oldtown I would conquest the world within 10 years.

Basically 'A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthers Court' but more aggressive and I dont know how to build a gatling gun.

Archived