[book spoilers] Post your reviews for season 4

igrewupinKL

Season 1: 9.0

Season 2: 8.5

Season 3: 9.0

Season 4: 10

This is the only season of TV I've ever rated a 10- I LOVED it. Season 4 was pretty perfect for me. Season 1 was great, but it had some of my least favourite scenes of the series like Pycelle's in Fire and Blood (I hated that scene so much it almost ruined the episode for me) and LF in You Win or You Die. I also thought it was overly gratuitous in comparison. I was pretty stunning though! Probably my favourite season at the time. Season 2 was epic for me apart from The Night Lands and the Ghosts of Harrenhal- I didn't like the majority of those episodes. Season 3, was, again, extremely, extremely good, except for a relatively sub-par KL arc. I wasn't too fond of much of The Bear and the Maiden Fair either, apart from Jon who was brilliant in that. I though that Olenna had been overexposed by that point. Season 4, for me, the epitome of the series, by far. Apart from the Yara scene, I thought everything else was super, super well done. There was not a single sub-par episode, and everything flowed cohesively and smoothly. I think they became really good at showing characters only when they needed to be shown.

The run of the last 5 episodes of this season, imo, will be almost impossible to top. They were all godly (all in my personal top 10).

I've been a staunch defender of the show for a long time, but I don't know, I'm kind of losing interest. I guess last season planted some seeds of doubt, maybe due to Theon's terrible storyline and the awful "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" episode, probably the worst in the series to date.

But I don't know, this season fell flat for me. I marathoned it yesterday in between World Cup matches and work, and I didn't really like it all that much

I agree with what someone said in another thread about the show having excellent scenes but virtually no build-up and no character development. There's really no sense of continuity and it seems the writers just want "WTF" moments

And the directing and editing. It just hit me how pedestrian it is. I don't want it to go full gimmick like "Hannibal", which is pretty much just style over substance, but every scene is the same: establishing shot in a gorgeous landscape, camera stands still while people talk, scene, repeat. It's a soap opera style. They should add voice-overs, different shots, I don't know, something to make it look different.

I guess this season proved that D&D are less than elegant when it comes to writing themselves out of their own filler. I don't have a problem with filler itself, as long as they manage to make it look seamless, but the resolution of Craster's, Ramsay and his dogs, the Bloody Gate mess with Arya and Sandor...that was off-putting

Eh, I don't know, I'm obviously gonna keep watching, but I'm not the biggest fan of aFfC and aDwD anyway, so here's hoping D&D at least give us the properly edited version of those books that Martin couldn't

I thought this season was one of the poorer seasons, which is a shame because this book has a lot to cram in over what seems is going to be two seasons. But to be fair, that is also in comparison to the past seasons which I thought were very good.

First, the pacing. Its soo off. We go from Whoaaaa, in Ep 2, to oh for the rest of the season, then WHOOOOA in Ep 10. I dont think the pacing was done well and they couldve certainly done a lot more build up to certain events throughout the middle ground of the season. For examples, Stannis heading to Braavos and then The Wall, that was a timeline clusterfuck, why on earth couldnt that have been spread a lot better and why couldnt they have some form of explanation for the Unsullied as to how it happened (perhaps after the event to keep the surprise).Another example, The Mountain v The Viper. I felt they did a really good job of building that story early on but then really dropped the ball midway and all of a sudden we were at the fight. That episode itself was extremely poor and the main event was a couple of minutes long.

Filler content. Ok, I am not against filler. I think we need it to a) build and replace sub plots that need to be reworked or cut from the books due to constraints B) give GRRM a little more time c) perhaps flesh out some of the more boring plots ie Bran. However, the filler in this season was absolutely atrocious, it was poorly written, executed and delivered.

Actors, Kit Harrington has improved immensely, sorry to be a EC hater, but she is still as compelling as a mud brick. I am sorry to see Jack Gleeson depart acting as he is fantastic. Everyone apart from EC is picking up their game and really hitting their strides.

While were on the Dany train, finally happy we start to see her grey side.

Stannis, I touched on his pacing above, but I really wouldve like to have seen more Stannis scenes that didnt include him "burning infidels". Now that he is a major player, I hope they pick up their portrayal of him. I was really quite angry at that infidel line.

Changing of important lines and stories. This season may as well have taken a dump on some of the parts in the book. I get it, the show needs to change some things in the interests of time etc. But things like "Only Cat" and "Where Whores Go" are almost iconic. There was absolutely no reason to cut them. I think they are getting increasingly liberal with changes they make and its frustrating.

The lack of Ironborn is another head scratcher, we get a failed filler scene and that was it.

I thought the fights were done really well. the Mountain and The Viper was one of the most anticipated fights of the season and possibly the entire show and it was done well, I do wish it was longer and wasnt in an episode that was generally very poor. Brienne and the Hound I thought was also a nice fight, down and dirty. The Battle of The Wall was done well, almost started to like Thorne which was a nice touch. Stannis riding in was magnificent.

Overall, good Television season. Average adaption to the book.

Also not a fan of the Darth Sansa stuff. My initial reaction was Yay! She's not stupid and boring any more. But over last week I was rereading AFFC and I really hate how they cut out AFFC altogether and replaced it with some fanfiction. They could have done a lot better.

Not to mention they made Littlefinger look like a moron. Yes, we know TV-Littlefinger majored in whore house management and isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it's kinda bad even for him.

I absolutely hated Darth Sansa. I agree completely

Worst season by far for me. Which is sad, since they had some of the biggest moments of the book to cover. Even the second season was better, and the second book is my least favourite of the series. And it also had the terrible ''Where are my dragons??'' arc.

Biggest problem for me was actually the complete regression of Jaime's character. First we had the problem of him arriving early in KL. There is a reason the book did not do that. Because how Jaime was feeling at the time, first thing he would do is kidnap Sansa and try to get away as far as possible. And Martin did not want that because then Jaime would either die or he would succeed and Sansa would not end up in the Eyrie. Instead we get a scene where Jaime is whining that he can't do anything yet. But it's ok, we have Jaime sparring with Bronn and being supportive of Tyrion!

Then we have Cersei acting terrible, and instead of increased tension between those two we have Jaime raping her for some reason. And then they act like nothing happened and by the end of theseason they love eachother again??

All the work they did in the third season with Jaime just vanished. And the fact that they will probably invent their own storyline for him next season does not fill me with hope.

Tyrion's arc was suffering from inconsistent writing aswell. At the start of this season he hates everyone but Jaime, but the more injustice he suffers the more of a pacifist he becomes? For example when the trial ends, he wants to kill everyone (amazing acting by Dinklage, imo) and in 408 we have that beetle monologue where we are supposed to see he could never hurt a fly? And then of course he kills Shae in self-defense and Tywin because he insulted the whore that tried to kill him?? Where is the logic? Not to mention whithout Tysha he had no reason to go up the stairs.

Dreadfort attack was terrible in all aspects.

Bloody gate scene was the worst in the entire series, apart from maybe the one where Jaime kills his cousin.

I have a hard time forgiving logical missteps though, and this season had an abundance of them. So for me the bad things greatly overshadow the good ones this season. if I had to rate this season I would give it a 6/10, simply because most of the actors are amazing, even though the writing is inconsistent.

I agree with all these points. Jaime's arc bothered me more than Tyrions. It was much more inconsistent and kinda hard to watch him regress into a completely different character in scenes with Cersei.

It's not that they left out Tysha, its that they didn't bring anything new in that made sense...i don't get Tyrion getting defensive about Shae following her death scene either

Bloody gate was a bloody mistake, that even the directors couldn't explain

Season 1: 9.0

Season 2: 8.5

Season 3: 9.0

Season 4: 10

This is the only season of TV I've ever rated a 10- I LOVED it. Season 4 was pretty perfect for me. Season 1 was great, but it had some of my least favourite scenes of the series like Pycelle's in Fire and Blood (I hated that scene so much it almost ruined the episode for me) and LF in You Win or You Die. I also thought it was overly gratuitous in comparison. I was pretty stunning though! Probably my favourite season at the time. Season 2 was epic for me apart from The Night Lands and the Ghosts of Harrenhal- I didn't like the majority of those episodes. Season 3, was, again, extremely, extremely good, except for a relatively sub-par KL arc. I wasn't too fond of much of The Bear and the Maiden Fair either, apart from Jon who was brilliant in that. I though that Olenna had been overexposed by that point. Season 4, for me, the epitome of the series, by far. Apart from the Yara scene, I thought everything else was super, super well done. There was not a single sub-par episode, and everything flowed cohesively and smoothly. I think they became really good at showing characters only when they needed to be shown.

The run of the last 5 episodes of this season, imo, will be almost impossible to top. They were all godly (all in my personal top 10).

I couldn't disagree more, i mean of course the season had its highlights but it didn't handle the big moments well at all. They seemed rushed and instead of anticipation i felt nothing in scenes like Joffrey's wedding, Bran's before the cave fight and the death of Tywin.

I've been a staunch defender of the show for a long time, but I don't know, I'm kind of losing interest. I guess last season planted some seeds of doubt, maybe due to Theon's terrible storyline and the awful "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" episode, probably the worst in the series to date.

But I don't know, this season fell flat for me. I marathoned it yesterday in between World Cup matches and work, and I didn't really like it all that much

I agree with what someone said in another thread about the show having excellent scenes but virtually no build-up and no character development. There's really no sense of continuity and it seems the writers just want "WTF" moments

And the directing and editing. It just hit me how pedestrian it is. I don't want it to go full gimmick like "Hannibal", which is pretty much just style over substance, but every scene is the same: establishing shot in a gorgeous landscape, camera stands still while people talk, scene, repeat. It's a soap opera style. They should add voice-overs, different shots, I don't know, something to make it look different.

I guess this season proved that D&D are less than elegant when it comes to writing themselves out of their own filler. I don't have a problem with filler itself, as long as they manage to make it look seamless, but the resolution of Craster's, Ramsay and his dogs, the Bloody Gate mess with Arya and Sandor...that was off-putting

Eh, I don't know, I'm obviously gonna keep watching, but I'm not the biggest fan of aFfC and aDwD anyway, so here's hoping D&D at least give us the properly edited version of those books that Martin couldn't

:agree: with all that you said. It is not so much about the changes from book-tv but how they make them. I don't think they created a flowing, successful story this season.

I thought this season was one of the poorer seasons, which is a shame because this book has a lot to cram in over what seems is going to be two seasons. But to be fair, that is also in comparison to the past seasons which I thought were very good.

First, the pacing. Its soo off. We go from Whoaaaa, in Ep 2, to oh for the rest of the season, then WHOOOOA in Ep 10. I dont think the pacing was done well and they couldve certainly done a lot more build up to certain events throughout the middle ground of the season. For examples, Stannis heading to Braavos and then The Wall, that was a timeline clusterfuck, why on earth couldnt that have been spread a lot better and why couldnt they have some form of explanation for the Unsullied as to how it happened (perhaps after the event to keep the surprise).Another example, The Mountain v The Viper. I felt they did a really good job of building that story early on but then really dropped the ball midway and all of a sudden we were at the fight. That episode itself was extremely poor and the main event was a couple of minutes long.

Filler content. Ok, I am not against filler. I think we need it to a) build and replace sub plots that need to be reworked or cut from the books due to constraints B) give GRRM a little more time c) perhaps flesh out some of the more boring plots ie Bran. However, the filler in this season was absolutely atrocious, it was poorly written, executed and delivered.

Actors, Kit Harrington has improved immensely, sorry to be a EC hater, but she is still as compelling as a mud brick. I am sorry to see Jack Gleeson depart acting as he is fantastic. Everyone apart from EC is picking up their game and really hitting their strides.

While were on the Dany train, finally happy we start to see her grey side.

Stannis, I touched on his pacing above, but I really wouldve like to have seen more Stannis scenes that didnt include him "burning infidels". Now that he is a major player, I hope they pick up their portrayal of him. I was really quite angry at that infidel line.

Changing of important lines and stories. This season may as well have taken a dump on some of the parts in the book. I get it, the show needs to change some things in the interests of time etc. But things like "Only Cat" and "Where Whores Go" are almost iconic. There was absolutely no reason to cut them. I think they are getting increasingly liberal with changes they make and its frustrating.

The lack of Ironborn is another head scratcher, we get a failed filler scene and that was it.

I thought the fights were done really well. the Mountain and The Viper was one of the most anticipated fights of the season and possibly the entire show and it was done well, I do wish it was longer and wasnt in an episode that was generally very poor. Brienne and the Hound I thought was also a nice fight, down and dirty. The Battle of The Wall was done well, almost started to like Thorne which was a nice touch. Stannis riding in was magnificent.

Overall, good Television season. Average adaption to the book.

Yeh this season did suffer from pacing issues. i think they made a mistake putting all the Wall excitement in episode 9 because it did not allow the audience to care for many of the supporting characters at the wall. On top of that Stannis' arrival was rushed and poorly handled imo (except the aerial view of the charging horses)

I agree that the filler was particularly bad, especially for Arya. i felt when it was just her and the Hound the scenes were much better. I didn't enjoy long conversations with someone who is dying, rorge and biter or the bloody gate. the Inn scene was one of my favourites that i think happened too early in the season (again pacing issues).

The season really did need more Stannis and i think they could've achieved this if the battle at castle black happened earlier and there were more scenes of him with Jon, Sam and Aemon.

What a waste of Yara! i could've thought of much and more scenes they could've done with the ironborn that would've been better and less disappointing than that scene.

@igreupinKL, pretty-much agree with all of your comments about this season. Given the source material, I thought it would definitely be my favourite season, but that honour has to go to season #3 probably followed by season #1.

I'd say that one large reason that the first two episodes were my favourites this season is that Joffrey/Jack Gleeson was so good and they were the only episodes to feature him (alive, anyway).

With such good book material I expected the last four episodes, especially the finale, to be spectacular and felt let down afterwards. The only one that I actively liked was the Watchers on the Wall; in the books, Jon's storyline has always been the one I've found least interesting but I found that battle entertaining on TV.

Yes Oberyn was awesome and Kit Harrington really stood up this season and Sansa's changes in episode #8 were bewildering, especially as I read on another topic that they are unrelated to her unpublished material from TWOW. (I normally really like Sansa's portrayal on TV; in both media she's my favourite character aside from the Lannister brothers and her deceased father.)

Thanks CaptainTheo, i started this thread to find out what other people thought of this season because i must admit that i was disappointed as i now know many other people were as well. As you said they had some of the most exciting material in the series so far and it just fell flat when i should have been cheering or sad or feeling something.

I do think the season started better than it ended. I was utterly devastated at the finale, not just because of LSH but the lack of quality in what was presented (except for some conversations b/w Stannis and Jon and Brienne vs Hound). Bran was my biggest let down, i did not like the skeletons at all and thought the design of the tCotF and BR was a joke. Also didn't like how Jojen died because i feel there should have been more we found at about him or just more screen presence for the audience to really care about him. Because i was just shocked as a book reader but didn't even feel sad. It didn't allow proper reactions from Meera and Bran as well because then they went straight to 3EC.Its just little things like that which make a show and GOT has seriously gone down in quality.

Yep, rushing Sansa's AFFC arc, which took up a lot of time in episode 8 and then stating they simply don't have time for other characters is simply beyond me. It should have been a gradual change into a 'player' Sansa but its like one day she was a pawn and now after one scene she is a player. As i've stated before this completely ruined LF's character as well. I'm already disappointed with Aiden Gillen's portrayal this season but the writing just made it worse, i can't stand LF anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

What I like about the episode:

• Jon and Stannis: It sets up what is going to happen during Season 5 at the wall.
  • Jon burning Ygritte's body under weirwood tree: He was doing both beyond the wall and a northerner tradition of a funeral.
  • Mel and her fire: She saw Snow. It was opposite of her.
  • KL set up. Tywin's downfall from Grace. Especially with his children.
  • The Dragon scenes. Dany had to do what she had to do....

What I dislike about the episode:

• Arya and the Hound v.s Brienne and Pod set up:
  • The ending of the episode...what the heck...No LS finale.
  • Jaime and Tyrion: In the book, they had an argument before parting ways.

What I like about the episode:

• Jon and Stannis: It sets up what is going to happen during Season 5 at the wall.

Jon burning Ygritte's body under weirwood tree: He was doing both beyond the wall and a northerner tradition of a funeral.

Mel and her fire: She saw Snow. It was opposite of her.

KL set up. Tywin's downfall from Grace. Especially with his children.

The Dragon scenes. Dany had to do what she had to do....

What I dislike about the episode:

• Arya and the Hound v.s Brienne and Pod set up:

The ending of the episode...what the heck...No LS finale.

Jaime and Tyrion: In the book, they had an argument before parting ways.

This season in all: I would give it a 10. It did have some lackluster moments in the Vale. At least, we will not see Joffrey anymore. No offense for his actor Jack.

igrewupinKL said:

- Cersei/Jaime. WTF Jaime is supposed to reject Cersei. Where are they trying to go with this? its all over the place and really badly written. They do it in the kingsguard tower no less, the only place where Jaime feels a little honour in.

- I wanted to see the Mountain screaming in pain. not laying there just chillin'

- No Yara, no setup for the ironborn

- No setup for Dorne

- How dare they kill Jojen Reed in such a way. that whole scene lacked music and drama

- didn't really like the design of tCotF. looked pretty normal to me. they are supposed to look almost like another species/animal. The cave was pretty awesome though

Season review

Honestly, this season was lacking something, most of the big moments i was looking forward to were rushed or not executed properly. I felt attention was paid to minor characters (which on the whole i enjoyed but badly placed) in a series that can't afford to waste time on plots that are not vital to the story of the main characters (and by main i mean POVs)

ITA!!!! Specially with the bolded part.

:agree: , it's just like you said everything I wanted to say but didn't know how to do it.

IMO, it was the worst season, which is totally :eek: , since it had the potential to be the best one.

The pacing was awful, specially in Breaker of Chains and The Mountain and the Viper(Both were awful episodes.).

I didn't like how they just omitted main characters like Bran and Theon for most of the season. They should have done that in the previous season, so Bran's journey would get focus in the same season in which he finds the 3EC and Theon wouldn't have the screentime that should be devoted to Catelyn or another character that was underused at that time.

Daenerys scenes were bad. And not only because of EC's acting, but poorly written or spaced throughout the season. The same goes for Arya and Jon.

Too much of Tyrion in the cell, not enough scenes in KL. Purple Wedding was placed too early and the rest of the season fall flat because of that.

The main scenes and made-up scenes were poorly executed(which wasn't usual until S3) or slightly under-average.

And don't get me started on LSH. :bs:

I give it a 6.5. (S1: 9, S2: 8.5, S3: 10)

igrewupinKL said:

- Cersei/Jaime. WTF Jaime is supposed to reject Cersei. Where are they trying to go with this? its all over the place and really badly written. They do it in the kingsguard tower no less, the only place where Jaime feels a little honour in.

- I wanted to see the Mountain screaming in pain. not laying there just chillin'

- No Yara, no setup for the ironborn

- No setup for Dorne

- How dare they kill Jojen Reed in such a way. that whole scene lacked music and drama

- didn't really like the design of tCotF. looked pretty normal to me. they are supposed to look almost like another species/animal. The cave was pretty awesome though

Season review

Honestly, this season was lacking something, most of the big moments i was looking forward to were rushed or not executed properly. I felt attention was paid to minor characters (which on the whole i enjoyed but badly placed) in a series that can't afford to waste time on plots that are not vital to the story of the main characters (and by main i mean POVs)

ITA!!!! Specially with the bolded part.

thanks, i think we agree on some of the parts of this season that really fell below the standard of previous seasons

the main things that annoyed me were

- Arya and the Hound going to the bloody gate

- Tyrions escape..the whole thing

- Bran vs skeletons

- Stannis' short victory over the wildlings

- Sansa after 'only cat' or should i say 'your sister' event

- Build up before the mountain vs the viper (there was none)

- I didn't mind how the scene went when Jorah was banished, but HOW Barry found out was actually BS

- the general flow of each characters storyline

- Too much emphasis on romance (Sam and Gilly, Grey Worm and Missandei)

Unfortunately i have doubts that LSH will actually make it into the series. I'm almost certain that Arianne and Quentyn have been cut, so i don't know what is going on with Dorne next season

thanks, i think we agree on some of the parts of this season that really fell below the standard of previous seasons

the main things that annoyed me were

- Arya and the Hound going to the bloody gate

- Tyrions escape..the whole thing

- Bran vs skeletons

- Stannis' short victory over the wildlings

- Sansa after 'only cat' or should i say 'your sister' event

- Build up before the mountain vs the viper (there was none)

- I didn't mind how the scene went when Jorah was banished, but HOW Barry found out was actually BS

- the general flow of each characters storyline

- Too much emphasis on romance (Sam and Gilly, Grey Worm and Missandei)

Unfortunately i have doubts that LSH will actually make it into the series. I'm almost certain that Arianne and Quentyn have been cut, so i don't know what is going on with Dorne next season

:agree: with everything you pointed above.

Gilly/Sam was alright in episode 9, but in episode 3 was totally out of place. Missandei/Grey Worm is total :bs:.

The flow of the storylines was bad, as you said. The way Barristan discovered about Jorah was illogical, the same goes for Arya in the Blood Gate.

Bran vs Skeletons was a great scene, but very weird.

And the way they butchered Alayne's storyline was truly awful.

All the "big scenes" were underwhelming(Moon Door, Joffrey's Death, Trial by Combat...)

I hope LSH doesn't appear since they already missed the perfect opportunity. :crying:

:agree: with everything you pointed above.

Gilly/Sam was alright in episode 9, but in episode 3 was totally out of place. Missandei/Grey Worm is total :bs:.

The flow of the storylines was bad, as you said. The way Barristan discovered about Jorah was illogical, the same goes for Arya in the Blood Gate.

Bran vs Skeletons was a great scene, but very weird.

And the way they butchered Alayne's storyline was truly awful.

All the "big scenes" were underwhelming(Moon Door, Joffrey's Death, Trial by Combat...)

I hope LSH doesn't appear since they already missed the perfect opportunity. :crying:

:agree:

If LSH appears it will be when Brienne first sees her...i guess that's alright but they're not giving anything away and it doesn't look like michelle fairley will be shooting in belfast this year ? so i don't want to get my hopes up

- Tyrion. Okay so the Jaime/Tyrion moment was cute an all but was missing a vital conversation! i thought they would definitely include that with the story being told in season 1 and Cersei just having manipulated Jaime into sex. Then i thought Tyrion might ask Tywin about Tysha, but nope. Really disappointed that one of Tyrion's crucial character moments was rushed and missing vital lines/dialogue. and we didn't get 'wherever whores go'. Whats up with d&d taking out fan-favourite lines this year? we didn't get 'only cat' and now we've lost this too. I'm not one for worrying about changes from book to show, but when they adapt it so poorly i have reason to complain.

Agreed that he should have asked about Tysha, but I'm not going to miss "where do whores go?" I don't think that's a fan favorite, either.

As for "only cat," remember this show airs in the US. It's been a whole season since we've seen Catelyn Stark, and nobody ever referred to her as Cat, so American viewers would have no idea who he meant by "only Cat." "Your sister" was fairly dramatic and left no doubt who he meant.

Agreed that he should have asked about Tysha, but I'm not going to miss "where do whores go?" I don't think that's a fan favorite, either.

As for "only cat," remember this show airs in the US. It's been a whole season since we've seen Catelyn Stark, and nobody ever referred to her as Cat, so American viewers would have no idea who he meant by "only Cat." "Your sister" was fairly dramatic and left no doubt who he meant.

:agree:. Anything in Tyrion's ADWD chapters was lame and repetitive.

I don't think audiences are as dull as people think. That moment just didn't have the impact i thought it would regardless of the line by LF at the end there

I don't see how "wherever whores go" would be a problem in the show because Tyrion hardly says it out loud..I kinda just wanted Tywin to say it

I don't think audiences are as dull as people think. That moment just didn't have the impact i thought it would regardless of the line by LF at the end there

I don't see how "wherever whores go" would be a problem in the show because Tyrion hardly says it out loud..I kinda just wanted Tywin to say it

I disagree. Everyone I know who watches the show hasn't read the books, and they were all talking about it afterwards, saying that he burned her right before he shoved her to her death. I don't see how anyone could say that scene lacked impact when it did exactly what it was supposed to do, anyway.

I disagree. Everyone I know who watches the show hasn't read the books, and they were all talking about it afterwards, saying that he burned her right before he shoved her to her death. I don't see how anyone could say that scene lacked impact when it did exactly what it was supposed to do, anyway.

Of course they were. It was the same with tywin's death because they haven't read a better version of the events....However my point is they are just going for shock value and i'm not feeling the raw emotion or suspense because the scenes are always rushed or missing key things that bring the scene magnificence, without them the scene falls flat

Of course they were. It was the same with tywin's death because they haven't read a better version of the events....However my point is they are just going for shock value and i'm not feeling the raw emotion or suspense because the scenes are always rushed or missing key things that bring the scene magnificence, without them the scene falls flat

My husband and I read the books. The books didn't have a "better version"... It was practically the same for all intents and purposes, in fact. Not all book readers are blind to the fact that the show can be just as good, if not better, than the books.

Archived