Robb's Will- Does it matter?

The Bittersteel

He took his oath before the Old Gods. The High Septon can't release him of those. In theory, the an avatar of the Old Gods (Bloodraven?, Bran?, A CotF?) could.

Ooh, how cool would that be? BR somehow releasing him from his vows in the shape of a tree or something XD Or Mormont's raven.

No. Robb lost the game of thrones. Whatever hopes, dreams, and desires he had died at the Red Wedding.

...the whole point of a will was because he was worried about dying without an heir.

No. Robb lost the game of thrones. Whatever hopes, dreams, and desires he had died at the Red Wedding.

Neither Robb's will nor northern loyalty to House Stark died with Robb, nor has House Bolton done anything to win them over, and their safety net Tywin is dead. The possibility of his death was the point of the will in the first place.

If Robb legitimized Jon then he is older than all of the Stark children, and would come before any of them as a legitimate Stark.

That's not true even legitimized Jon come always after the sons(boys) of Ned's marriage so Rickon and Bran come always before Jon

That's not true even legitimized Jon come always after the sons(boys) of Ned's marriage so Rickon and Bran come always before Jon

I don't know about this - if Jon is legitimized, I think that would mean his bastard status is extinguished as if it never existed, and he's older than everyone but Robb, so he'd come before them.

But I don't think the will will matter in the end. I think events surrounding Jon have gotten weird enough that he's not headed for a ruling position. I think he's either dead (unlikely) or undead (unlikely to rule). I think unJon might save everyone and die, or save everyone and disappear, but I don't think unJon will be king of the north or westeros.

I think it will only be important to Jon on a personal level but will not carry any weight in the line of succession. Jon would not attempt to take Winterfell from his brothers. If he wanted Winterfell he would be there with a fine-ass wildling chick in the hot pools. He has vows to keep people and a realm to protect. As a Jon fan it bothers me that people who love the character as much as me want to cheapen who he is with crown claims and the like.

Robb's will not only legitimized Jon as Jon Stark but also named him his Heir.

Because Rickon and Bran were"dead"..With a true son of Ned and Catelyn alive No lord in the north will ever support Jon..And in Real Life Monarchy a son of the first marriage comes always first than a second marriage or a legitimized bastard, always

I don't understand the point of this post. Obviously things are subject to change but everything anyone posts on here is made with the knowledge of only what has been released. Should I wait until all the books are released in ten years before I ask the question?

No, you shouldn't wait to ask the question but in considering how the will could matter you should consider how circumstances can change to allow it, and how long the series has got to go. I mean you cite imprisoned characters who would declare for the KITN as a reason against why the will could matter, when that should be a reason for.

Because Rickon and Bran were"dead"..With a true son of Ned and Catelyn alive No lord in the north will ever support Jon..And in Real Life Monarchy a son of the first marriage comes always first than a second marriage or a legitimized bastard, always

Not if he was named Heir.

The Will did not say "Jon is Heir unless one of my brothers returns from the dead."

The King in the North legitimized Jon as Jon Stark heir to the North. its that simple.

Now I don't expect Jon to take the Crown but he was named Heir. Anyone that did not support King Robb Stark's wishes and support his named Heir, the now legal son of Ned Stark as the new King would be a traitor as far as the other Bannermen are concerned.

Who are they going to support a cripple or a seven year old that is half wildling by now? Or a season leader who has the Stark look and a Valyrian sword on his hip?

Yes, but the problem is that in their world, they are fighting a war. And neither Brandon nor Rickon are able to fit in Robb's position, they are too young, they are children, Jon is older and he is capable to rule The North and fight its enemies and wars as Jon Stark until Bran or Rickon reach adulthood.

It may wind up important, but I don't believe Jon would accept Winterfell, regardless of Robb's wishes, if any of his siblings (Bran, Rickon, Sansa, Arya) turned up. Legitimatised or not, there's no way he wouldn't feel like he was screwing them if they were still alive/able to rule. Plus, he's not even Ned's son, so finding out about that would just make it worse.

IMO if Jon rules as King/Lord anywhere, he'll be in some kind of position of power beyond the Wall. Or what's left of it.

Nonsense, one of the purposes of legitimizing Jon and making him his heir is that he would then jump ahead of Sansa, Tyrion's wife. Legitimizing Jon and making him his heir puts him ahead of the rest of his living siblings.

And the Lords in the North will never support a bastard with Ned's Trueborn sons known to be alive

Not if he was named Heir.

The Will did not say "Jon is Heir unless one of my brothers returns from the dead."

The King in the North legitimized Jon as Jon Stark heir to the North. its that simple.

Now I don't expect Jon to take the Crown but he was named Heir. Anyone that did not support King Robb Stark's wishes and support his named Heir, the now legal son of Ned Stark as the new King would be a traitor as far as the other Bannermen are concerned.

Who are they going to support a cripple or a seven year old that is half wildling by now? Or a season leader who has the Stark look and a Valyrian sword on his hip?

But none of the bannermen knew Rickon and Bran were alive...There isn't any Lord that would support Jon with Rickon and Bran known to be alive..Because that's the only motive for Robb to legitimize him Rickon and Bran beying supposebly dead

You are making stuff up. Sansa was known to be alive, and yet he made Jon his heir over Ned and Cat's second eldest child. If the will exists, it puts Jon ahead of his half-siblings (really cousins).

It may wind up important, but I don't believe Jon would accept Winterfell, regardless of Robb's wishes, if any of his siblings (Bran, Rickon, Sansa, Arya) turned up. Legitimatised or not, there's no way he wouldn't feel like he was screwing them if they were still alive/able to rule. Plus, he's not even Ned's son, so finding out about that would just make it worse.

IMO if Jon rules as King/Lord anywhere, he'll be in some kind of position of power beyond the Wall. Or what's left of it.

If Stannis would not have imposed him those conditions about to burn down the weirwood, I think he could have accepted Winterfell

We suppose that he is not Eddard's son but we do suppose that he is Rhaegar's son, so based in this theory he has Stark blood to reclaim Winterfell and The North as his "mother" was Lyanna Stark

Nonsense, one of the purposes of legitimizing Jon and making him his heir is that he would then jump ahead of Sansa, Tyrion's wife. Legitimizing Jon and making him his heir puts him ahead of the rest of his living siblings.

Sansa is a girl a boy comes always before a girl in sucession mathers

Archived