Character(s) you have started to like in 2014?

Arys Oakheart- While he did hit Sansa, He objected and pull his punches. Unike most current KG,He got himself killed because he fail protecting Myrcella.

Balon Swann-Ned would of want him as a guard (skill and honorable)

Strongboar- he was kind to Pia and wanted to fight Blackfish one on one

Bywater-better man than Janos and wish he live longer

addam Marbrand- Unlike Blount, doesn't mistreat people

Shitmouth-almost everyword he says is funny and ok mook

I never hated him, but I've come to appreciate Lewyn Martell a lot. He's just a really cool dude. He was the only of Aerys' kingsguard to be from a house paramount AND of a generation with the other honorable knights of his Kingsguard, he had a secret paramour, presumably died honorably on the Trident. Arianne has heartwarming memories of him. Just a neat minor character, I think.

I see I'm not alone with liking Ser Alliser. I am going to admit that a little bit of this was due to the TV series, but he started growing on me before then. I think it's mostly due to his Targaryean loyalist past - I am really hoping that he survives long enough to see Jon revealed as Rhaegars son, because that would be purely awesome.

I see I'm not alone with liking Ser Alliser. I am going to admit that a little bit of this was due to the TV series, but he started growing on me before then. I think it's mostly due to his Targaryean loyalist past - I am really hoping that he survives long enough to see Jon revealed as Rhaegars son, because that would be purely awesome.

I'm starting to think he'll live in the books since he didn't die in the show already. I hope to see this, too.

I used to dislike Melisandre, but now I'm fascinated by her. I've learned to look at things from her perspective, and while I often don't agree with her, I do understand her.

And than there's Alliser Thorne, but that's entirely because of the show. 'I said nock and hold, you cunts!' and 'Now with me, with me now' were the shit.

There is only one character in the series I hate without reservation who is still alive and I will never forgive him.

Alliser Thorne on the show is great.

I like most people though, and apart from the aforementioned focus of my hatred I don't seriously dislike anyone. I'll look at characters like Cersei and be like "What the fuck are you doing that for? I know what you're thinking, you're a PoV character, I'm inside your head. It just doesn't make sense."

Probably Myrcella, then again I was reading some of the books in the earlier part of this year, so I could put down a lot more things.

(Side note, I prefer red-bearded Show-Tormund to white-bearded Book-Tormund. Also my friend who only reads the books thought Tormund had black hair, I wikied it, was surprised to find he had white hair and then showed said friend a picture of Tormund's actor. To which he replied "That's not Tormund." Which I found absolutely ironic. Never watched movies as a kid, has no tolerance for any changes from the source material. Pretty irritating.)

Archived