Top 5 people you'd like to see on the Iron Throne at the end.

In no particular order,

• Tommen
  • Shireen
  • Myrcella
  • Mance
  • Jaime-as a kingslayer, as mentioned above for Cersei.I can easily picture Dany entering the room and asking whose blood and Jaime replying "my sister's"

1) Victarion Greyjoy. An Iron King for an Iron Throne

2) Stannis the Mannis

3) Bronn, after also becoming Sword in the Morning

4) Roose Bolton. He would fashion a new throne, made from the flayed skins of his enemies. The Pink Throne.

5) Lady Brienne of Tarth, first queen and first of her name. Also after becoming first female Sword in the Morning.

1. Jon Snow. I personally see him being offered the Throne but declining it as the Watch will still need to be kept. The King who served the Watch.

2. Stannis. Up to now, he is the one True King.

3. Jaime. He had his chance in the sack of Kings Landing to take it, would be ironic if the Kingslayer became King.

4. Euron. Actually think he will be King on the Iron Throne before the end, but not for long.

5. The Hound. Never going to happen, but would be funny to see how he would deal with it.

There will be no throne at the end.

:agree: This! The Iron Throne was established through the use of weapons of mass destruction (Dragons). Westeros existed for millennia as seperaterately ruled kingdoms before Aegon the Conqueror united them with the overwhelming might of three adult dragons. By the time these books play out there will be no dragons and the task of ruling the entire continent of Westeros will once again be impractical. The books will end with a return to regional rule.

:agree: This! The Iron Throne was established through the use of weapons of mass destruction (Dragons). Westeros existed for millennia as seperaterately ruled kingdoms before Aegon the Conqueror united them with the overwhelming might of three adult dragons. By the time these books play out there will be no dragons and the task of ruling the entire continent of Westeros will once again be impractical. The books will end with a return to regional rule.

I can see certain region breaking off, maybe Dorne or the North but I can see 7 (technically 8) plus the true North breaking apart. There are too many overbearing regions and others that have been decimated and have weak ruling families.

I don't think the Riverlands could stand on their own, or the Stormlands.

1) Stannis

2) Stannis

3) Stannis

4) Stannis

5) Stannis

There can be only ONE King of Westeros...

However, I doubt GRRM will grant us that. My best guess is that after the coming war between ice and fire the Kingdom will split. The Mannis, of course, will be dead. He's never going to accept a second-place finish.

1) Stannis

2) Stannis

3) Stannis

4) Stannis

5) Stannis

There can be only ONE King of Westeros...

However, I doubt GRRM will grant us that. My best guess is that after the coming war between ice and fire the Kingdom will split. The Mannis, of course, will be dead. He's never going to accept a second-place finish.

He can't die. People are starting to like him. What sociopath would do such a thing!?

Oh, right.......shit. :\

1 and 2: Jon will either be King in the North with Dany on Iron Throne or Jon will be on Iron Throne in alliance with Dany, with her staying in Essos

3: Sansa and Tyrion, peace between the two main houses

4: Stannis will be on the IT but only briefly, he's the next strongman in the country after Tywin

5: Ideal combo: Dany as high queen in Essos, Jon on the Iron Throne, Tyrion as his Hand, Sam as his Grand Maester, Jamie, Brienne, on the Kingsguard, Davos, Jorah, Arya on the council

Archived