Season 5 Casting v.3 [spoilers included]

jentario

So part two got locked. Continue discussions here!

Version 2, alongside a great breakdown of all the casting news till that point by Chebyshov:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/112772-season-5-casting-v2/

News after that:

-Jaquen H'gar is apparently returning to season 5 in a major role, it is speculated that he replaces the Kindly Man (since KM didn't appear in the original casting sheet).

-There is a far from confirmed rumor that Angela Sarafyan is being cast as "someone around Stannis", though the tweet stating it was supposedly deleted (and it came from an unofficial source).

-Myrcella got recast, the role given to Nell Tiger Free. Supposedly, they gave Aimee Richardson a chance to reaudition for the role, but Nell was picked over her.

Expect big news in the next few weeks! We are right around the time when HBO revealed castings in the last few seasons.

So part two got locked. Continue discussions here!

Version 2, alongside a great breakdown of all the casting news till that point by Chebyshov:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/112772-season-5-casting-v2/

Nymeria was specifically described as mixed race in the casting call, Tyene was not. In the books Tyene was actually a pale-skinned blonde. So it's unlikely they'll cast a black actress for the role

Not black, but dark skinned.

I'm not familiar Sarafyan. Obviously the two prime candidates for a female character "near Stannis" are Val and Alys Karstark. And shes' certainly got an exotic and unusual look which could distinguish Val as a striking beauty, rather than just being a standard willowy blonde.

I'm not familiar Sarafyan. Obviously the two prime candidates for a female character "near Stannis" are Val and Alys Karstark. And shes' certainly got an exotic and unusual look which could distinguish Val as a striking beauty, rather than just being a standard willowy blonde.

It's possible, but if it was Val you would expect them to say she was cast as "someone near Jon Snow". Her being someone near Stannis makes me feel like she is related to his march- so maybe that Glover from Deepwood, or possibly Alysanne Mormont. In any case, take this information with a grain of salt. No one other than a WIC poster even saw the tweet and he didn't give a link.

EDIT: Also, her look is kind of Dornish. It's possible the tweeter got things mixed up and she's actually Tyene or some other Sand Snake. We will find out soon enough.

It's possible, but if it was Val you would expect them to say she was cast as "someone near Jon Snow". Her being someone near Stannis makes me feel like she is related to his march- so maybe that Glover from Deepwood, or possibly Alysanne Mormont. In any case, take this information with a grain of salt. No one other than a WIC poster even saw the tweet and he didn't give a link.

EDIT: Also, her look is kind of Dornish. It's possible the tweeter got things mixed up and she's actually Tyene or some other Sand Snake. We will find out soon enough.

The thought of Alysane also passed my mind, but Alyssane is firstly too minor to have a large chance of being cast and secondly is more of a grizzled warrior woman than a beauty. Saying "near Stannis" instead of "near Jon Snow" could well just be somebody having a bit of fun by making the hint a little less obvious.

Obviously I'll be taking it with a grain of salt but there's no smoke without fire, and if we're to have any discussion on it we kind of need to treat the information as true for the purposes of the conversation.

Yeah, a mixture of Oberyn and Indira I would wager at.

Well keep in mind that Nym isn't Ellaria's daughter. I think they'll stick pretty close to Oberyn's looks but they can cast virtually any looks.

Not Nym, Tyene.

Ah ok. My mistake. It does seem like they're changing her to be Ellaria's daughter which means we're unlikely to get a pale blonde for the part.

Angela Sarafyan could be Arianne, but I seriously can't recall any female character in Stannis' story except for Alysanne, and she doesn't have that northern look that Alysanne needs or Val. As for Myrcella, I am disappointed that Aimee is not coming back because she seemed to really have a lot of fun playing the character. But the new girl looks alright.

Remember they're casting Hotah as black, so if folks from Norvos are black in show-canon then Arianne is biracial. That is if she's included which we're bound to find out in the next few weeks.

As for the lovely Sarafyan who I hope is cast, it is strange to say "near Stannis". But remember that's based off of someone's recollection of a supposedly deleted tweet. Though I'm one of the people that brought that info about her to this forum, I think that as of now we shouldn't take it as the truth. It's just a rumour as yet. Though a nice rumour IMHO.

Remember they're casting Hotah as black, so if folks from Norvos are black in show-canon then Arianne is biracial. That is if she's included which we're bound to find out in the next few weeks.

As for the lovely Sarafyan who I hope is cast, it is strange to say "near Stannis". But remember that's based off of someone's recollection of a supposedly deleted tweet. Though I'm one of the people that brought that info about her to this forum, I think that as of now we shouldn't take it as the truth. It's just a rumour as yet.

Maybe Show Hotah will be from the Summer Isles

You'd think show canon would stick a little more to book canon just to prevent continuity mistakes, and all. /peeving

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part. I just really want Arianne to be in.

If she's cut then they'd have to explain that. As of now, we don't have enough information to really worry about it. The major player in the Dornish plotline should really be assumed to be in until evidence suggests otherwise, and as many pointed out last thread, the "evidence" is rather thin.

As for the Sarafyan stuff, if we suspend our disbelief and pretend that this is credible information, then I'm wondering more and more if we may get Alys afterall. No idea what Wildling Jon would marry her to, but given that Jon isn't even LC yet, I can't see him being stabbed at the end of S5 (that would be what, 2 days after taking office?). I have a feeling they may want to delay his stabbing so that we don't lose Kit for an entire season (or close to it), so if that's the case, there's really little substantial material in his chapters. Yes, he makes a lot of small, political decisions that add up to his betrayal, but past Slynt's head, there's not much that is active. The Alys plotline could help break it up a bit.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Stannis's storyline could get changed. Didn't someone back in v1 of this thread say that he was going to attack the Dreadfort or something? I can't imagine who Sarafyan would be in that case, but "someone around Stannis" could really mean anything.

Sarafyan looks kinda exotic, more suited to Arianne.

If she's cut then they'd have to explain that. As of now, we don't have enough information to really worry about it. The major player in the Dornish plotline should really be assumed to be in until evidence suggests otherwise, and as many pointed out last thread, the "evidence" is rather thin.

As for the Sarafyan stuff, if we suspend our disbelief and pretend that this is credible information, then I'm wondering more and more if we may get Alys afterall. No idea what Wildling Jon would marry her to, but given that Jon isn't even LC yet, I can't see him being stabbed at the end of S5 (that would be what, 2 days after taking office?). I have a feeling they may want to delay his stabbing so that we don't lose Kit for an entire season (or close to it), so if that's the case, there's really little substantial material in his chapters. Yes, he makes a lot of small, political decisions that add up to his betrayal, but past Slynt's head, there's not much that is active. The Alys plotline could help break it up a bit.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Stannis's storyline could get changed. Didn't someone back in v1 of this thread say that he was going to attack the Dreadfort or something? I can't imagine who Sarafyan would be in that case, but "someone around Stannis" could really mean anything.

We will most likely get Jon Julio Cesar-ed in s5e9 or 10, but we will get it in s5. As for the Stannis Dreadfort attack sounds stupid, they should just let him go straight for WF and lose a lot of his people to the cold and snow.

Archived