Season 5 Casting v.3 [spoilers included]

jentario

I think Lollys is going to be there like Fat Walda. Five minutes scene with Bronn and that's all.

Yep. But she won't replace Falyse because I think her claim will be used by Bronn to get his hands on first Stokeworth, then Rosby. He can't climb in the world if Lollys dies. She doesn't need many scenes. She just needs to be alive.

Yep. But she won't replace Falyse because I think her claim will be used by Bronn to get his hands on first Stokeworth, then Rosby. He can't climb in the world if Lollys dies. She doesn't need many scenes. She just needs to be alive.

what if cersei send lollys to qyburn because she hates how much of a flop bronn is in dorne???

I don't think they're even going to touch the Rosby plot, only Cersei sending someone to try to kill him and fail. Lollys could be there to wish Bronn goodbye when he leaves with Jaime or some minor scene, really.

lmao show!mace is even a bigger oaf than book!mace. i guess they could display show!cersei appointing him as hand to emphasize how unhinged she is. but one of the major reasons why cersei falls hard in affc is because she refuses to share any power with the tyrells, but D&D are just writing their own fanfiction at this point so........

Placing an oaf of a Tyrell seems like a good move on the face of it, it's giving the Tyrells a place, but making sure it's given to the worst one, easily controllable.

The programme isn't fan fiction, it's the adaptation. The books are not being rewritten, they are still there for fans.

Placing an oaf of a Tyrell seems like a good move on the face of it, it's giving the Tyrells a place, but making sure it's given to the worst one, easily controllable.

The programme isn't fan fiction, it's the adaptation. The books are not being rewritten, they are still there for fans.

i guess its just hard for me to accept because book!cersei would NEVER. but i should just accept that show!cersei and book!cersei are completely different characters at this point i guess.

I don't think they're even going to touch the Rosby plot, only Cersei sending someone to try to kill him and fail. Lollys could be there to wish Bronn goodbye when he leaves with Jaime or some minor scene, really.

The point is simply that HIS character depends on her being alive. He has no status if she dies.

I think Lollys is going to be there like Fat Walda. Five minutes scene with Bronn and that's all.

Hahaha, they might as well use the same actress, too. Pisses me off because well, I do want to at least hear about how endearing Roose finds Walda's noise making in bed.

what if cersei send lollys to qyburn because she hates how much of a flop bronn is in dorne???

Personally, I could see the show somehow having Cersei take care of Bronn's Stokeworth inheritance issues. Cersei will be trying to get rid of Bronn and any power he has, and D&D may just give Bronn the Lordship with both the ladies dead, I can totally see that. They really do not seem to be into illustrating any female inheritance, look at Dorne and Oberyn's father being the one to take the kids to Casterly Rock in their youth. I do wonder on how they will handle Dorne and female inheritance, but I wouldn't put it past D&D to just use Cersei's cray cray to give Bronn the Lordship of Stokeworth on his own, after the marriage and after the Stokeworth's are done in by Cersei and circumstance. I do think it's a distinct possibility.

I have a feeling that Benioff and Weiss will try utilizing Bronn to fill the roles of as many characters as they can so they do not have to cast additional parts, as is their preference.

He might start the season in the Balon Swann role, then transition into the Kettleblacks role, before finishing in the Aurane Waters role, depending on how important the latter character is to the story going forward.

Personally, I could see the show somehow having Cersei take care of Bronn's Stokeworth inheritance issues. Cersei will be trying to get rid of Bronn and any power he has, and D&D may just give Bronn the Lordship with both the ladies dead, I can totally see that. They really do not seem to be into illustrating any female inheritance, look at Dorne and Oberyn's father being the one to take the kids to Casterly Rock in their youth. I do wonder on how they will handle Dorne and female inheritance, but I wouldn't put it past D&D to just use Cersei's cray cray to give Bronn the Lordship of Stokeworth on his own, after the marriage and after the Stokeworth's are done in by Cersei and circumstance. I do think it's a distinct possibility.

i honestly don't understand that. changes like that are so minor but they bother me so much. why do D&D constantly take away female agency?? the choices that they make with this show are becoming increasingly sexist imo.

I have a feeling that Benioff and Weiss will try utilizing Bronn to fill the roles of as many characters as they can so they do not have to cast additional parts, as is their preference.

He might start the season in the Balon Swann role, then transition into the Kettleblacks role, before finishing in the Aurane Waters role, depending on how important the latter character is to the story going forward.

god that sounds fucking awful

that means D&D will probably do it of course

Bronn left the season betraying Tyrion (yeah, it's more complicated than that but you get what i meant). They need to put him in a positive light, specially knowing how popular the character is. They got that Bronn was bought by the Lannisters, so, they need to portray he's against Cersei and never actually on his side, like Swann or the Kettleblacks.

i honestly don't understand that. changes like that are so minor but they bother me so much. why do D&D constantly take away female agency?? the choices that they make with this show are becoming increasingly sexist imo.

I don't get the half of it either to tell you the truth. One of the biggest ironies I saw in the show was the OOC scene of Cersei using the twincest against Tywin. This one time she is given agency (I have to say, I hate that word, LOL, and as a woman I'm allowed to hate that word) it's totally out of character. I found that laughable, quite frankly. With Oberyn and his father........I suspect that they changed it from mother because they wanted to cut out the marriage deals between his mother and Lady Lannister. I'm not sure why leaving out that marriage deal made it necessary to leave out the Princess of Dorne, but at this point, logic seems in short supply.

Honestly, I suspect that D&D MAY use the female inheritance for Stokeworth.....just to kill the ladies off and give the Lordship to Bronn, by marriage. I really wouldn't rule it out. Although, somehow.......they'd have to allow Cersei to wipe a lot of them out and I'm not certain how fair they will go with Cersei, bookwise from AFFC. That's why I suspect both Cersei and Circumstance to rid Bronn of all the Stokeworths. It is a distinct possibiltiy.

Bronn left the season betraying Tyrion (yeah, it's more complicated than that but you get what i meant). They need to put him in a positive light, specially knowing how popular the character is. They got that Bronn was bought by the Lannisters, so, they need to portray he's against Cersei and never actually on his side, like Swann or the Kettleblacks.

It works if he becomes Aurane Waters because he ends up screwing Cersei in the end, although I do not share your view that they need to portray Bronn in a positive light.

It works if he becomes Aurane Waters because he ends up screwing Cersei in the end, although I do not share your view that they need to portray Bronn in a positive light.

and most people atcually loved bronn in that scene with tyrion. they loved how honest he was, and empathized with him lol. i didn't see any hate for bronn.

It's funny, because there are people still whinging about Brienne beating the Hound, stating it's part of D&D'd feminists agenda.

The truth is that none of this is sexist, it's just expedient.

---------------

I don't see Bronn near Cersei though, the word is that Jerome and Lena cannot stand each other.

Archived