Your favorite character TV/Book ? Why

lancelot97

**I actually really disliked Theon at first, but the TV show has made him grow on me. I seem to appreciate his story a lot more now on the reread.

I absolutely fell in love with Alfie Allen as Theon. He's the best cast choice ever made! He is always brilliant, in every part of Theon's storyline; whether as arrogant ward in Winterfell, (yet) loyal friend with Robb, angry returned son at Pyke, desperate Lord of Winterfell, tortured prisoner at the Dreadfort or broken Reek with the Boltons. I always admire how he pulled/pulls off every aspect and development; can't wait for him next season! "A Ghost in Winterfell" is the most intensive and saddest chapter for me.

I oddly enjoyed Daven Lannister in aFfC.

My favorite character in the show (even though I'm a diehard Stark fan) is Roose Bolton. I have to respect his cunningness.

One character that I can't stand in the show anymore is Dany. She is so damn cocky and full of herself; she wouldn't be sh*t if it weren't for her dragons. I'm more impressed with characters that are self made, like Littlefinger, or warriors like Robert. They had to work hard to get where they are, whereas Dany has pretty much everything handed to her on a silver platter and she acts like she's a goddess.

One character that I can't stand in the show anymore is Dany. She is so damn cocky and full of herself; she wouldn't be sh*t if it weren't for her dragons. I'm more impressed with characters that are self made, like Littlefinger, or warriors like Robert. They had to work hard to get where they are, whereas Dany has pretty much everything handed to her on a silver platter and she acts like she's a goddess.

I get annoyed with Emilia Clarke's delivery at times, but Dany has had to work very hard for what she has. She went from being a brokered pawn to being a player. But I regress..

:fencing:

Both book and TV are Tyrion. No question whatsoever. Even in his darkest moments I have never been able to dislike him.

Runner up book favorites are Arya, Jon and Jaime.

TV runner ups would be Varys and the Hound.

Also, to give him his own note, Pedro Pascal did such a phenomenal job with Oberyn that he would have to be my second favorite for TV. Everything I wanted Oberyn to be and more, he was able to do in the few episodes he was in. Absolutely loved the guy.

My favorites on the show are Brienne and The Hound . Most actors are great and all but those two made me love their characters even more, especially Brienne. The majority is well cast with some weird choices that still irritate me. I'll never get used to Cersei, whimpy Renly or Margaery Tudor Tyrell despite good acting.

In the books it's Arya, Asha, Jaime. I'm most excited about Mel & Barry for the next book, though. Stuff is happening there, finally.

Books

1) Tyrion: Enough of a bastard to be worth liking. I adore him for his wit, irreverent attitude to everyone and everything and his tendancy to be the architect of his own downfall.

2)Jaime: Similar to Tyrion, but also because he made me go from hating him with a passion to loving him in the space of the bath-house scene. The Jaime/Brienne partnership is one of my favourites.

3) Sansa: It's the way she uses being nice to people under difficult circumstances as a survival trait. I have to root for the girl.

Tv Show (i've only seen seasons 1, 2 and 3)

1)Varys: He's one of the non-POVs who has really benefited from being on TV. I love his sparring with Littlefinger and Tyrion. He could have been camp, but instead he's just wonderfully enigmatic.

2)Arya: Maisie Williams is the true star of the show for me. She almost made me cry at the Red Wedding, and i was screaming "Arya! Noooooooo!!!!" at the TV even though I knew what was going to happen. I find that Arya is one of the characters in the TV Show who is closest to who she is in the book, even if she is a little bit older. That stuff with Tywin in Harrenhal, AWESOME, even though it is a departure from the book.

3)Tyrion: See above, he just doesn't quite get as much good material.

There's a whole bunch of characters I really like on TV but can't get excited about in the book, like Shae, I love TV Shae, she's hysterical, and Ygritte who i can't stand in the book, and poor old crazy Viserys. I kind of miss the Westerlings though, and Vargo Hoat, and what did they do to Dolorous Edd?

I absolutely fell in love with Alfie Allen as Theon. He's the best cast choice ever made! He is always brilliant, in every part of Theon's storyline; whether as arrogant ward in Winterfell, (yet) loyal friend with Robb, angry returned son at Pyke, desperate Lord of Winterfell, tortured prisoner at the Dreadfort or broken Reek with the Boltons. I always admire how he pulled/pulls off every aspect and development; can't wait for him next season! "A Ghost in Winterfell" is the most intensive and saddest chapter for me.

His torture at the Dreadfort was really the moment that turned me into a Theon fan. His delivery was perfect and very emotional. I know I am also really looking forward to see what he does with "A Ghost in Winterfell".

Books: Tyrion

Show: Tyrion

Honorable mentions: Tywin, Catelyn, Sansa, Arya, Davos, Salladhor Saan, the Clegane Bros., Eddard, Shae, Bran, Robb Stark, Brienne, Jaime, Joffrey, Cersei, Varys, Oberyn Martell

EDith: I nearly forgot Podrick and Bronn. Both books and show. They're great.

I like loads of characters, Robb Stark, Oberyn, Blackfish, Jaime, Eddard Stark, but then round about the second half of Storm of Swords this angry, balding man punched his way to the top with a mailed fist and a grimace, and despite whats gone on before, he's in this for the right reasons and is one of the few genuine hopes left to triumph and exact a little bit of punishment on the bad guys.

Archived