Dany is going to conquer most of known Essos

David C. Hunter

Yeah, I really honestly don't know how the books will deal with Qarth, but it is really clear to me that it is both an incorrigible slave city, and the base of the warlocks. As such, Dany will never have peace if they are left untouched. I don't see how she can leave Essos if they remain strong. They declared war on her, and in a real war, both sides do some attacking.

I doubt she is going back to Qarth, or that we will ever see Asshai :(

She is going to Vaes Dothrak to change to culture of the Dothraki, she is starting with the slave collectors, then will go back to SB and finish off the Great Masters.

She is going to Vaes Dothrak to change to culture of the Dothraki, she is starting with the slave collectors, then will go back to SB and finish off the Great Masters.

How would she change the culture of the Dothraki when plundering, raping, looting, etc are marks of bravery and the source of their economy? The only feasible way would be to feed offenders to Drogon and I'm pretty sure Dany can't do that.

The one thing I am sure of is that unless she is dragged there in chains she is NOT going to leave Essos without destroying the slave economy and putting in place a safeguard to prevent it popping back up. Anything less would be pure defeat. It is her primary concern and something she cares about more than Westeros.

The one thing I am sure of is that unless she is dragged there in chains she is NOT going to leave Essos without destroying the slave economy and putting in place a safeguard to prevent it popping back up. Anything less would be pure defeat. It is her primary concern and something she cares about more than Westeros.

Yeah, but she does need to get to Westeros, QUICK, for DOD2 to work, as in before TWOW ends. Given that creating a new feasible economic system in place of an old one takes generations, and reading Dany's last ADWD chapter, I don't have high hopes for the slaves.

Yeah, but she does need to get to Westeros, QUICK, for DOD2 to work, as in before TWOW ends. Given that creating a new feasible economic system in place of an old one takes generations, and reading Dany's last ADWD chapter, I don't have high hopes for the slaves.

Well, GRRM specifically said that DoD2 does not necessarily refer to Dany's invasion.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1624

There is a good thread going on alternative ideas about what the Dance will be.

How would she change the culture of the Dothraki when plundering, raping, looting, etc are marks of bravery and the source of their economy? The only feasible way would be to feed offenders to Drogon and I'm pretty sure Dany can't do that.

I think she can change it to a limited extent, if she can offer them something better; the accumulated wealth of the Free Cities; wide lands; prisoners to ransom, and work for them as labourers, rather than as chattels; women to be wives, rather than being gang-raped.

In summary, she can offer them the chance to be the ruling race of Essos.

Well, GRRM specifically said that DoD2 does not necessarily refer to Dany's invasion.

Still, Dany has a plot line in Westeros (I hope) and she does need to get there some day. GRRM himself said that Westeros is what matters and that Essos exists only as a plot element to aid the Westerosi story (which IMO is a pretty ridiculous statement, but whatever)

Still, Dany has a plot line in Westeros (I hope) and she does need to get there some day. GRRM himself said that Westeros is what matters and that Essos exists only as a plot element to aid the Westerosi story (which IMO is a pretty ridiculous statement, but whatever)

Yeah she needs to get there some day, probably towards the end of the dance when she will pick a side between Aegon and Stannis(or)Jon.

I think she can change it to a limited extent, if she can offer them something better; the accumulated wealth of the Free Cities; wide lands; prisoners to ransom, and work for them as labourers, rather than as chattels; women to be wives, rather than being gang-raped.

In summary, she can offer them the chance to be the ruling race of Essos.

Thank you for answering SeanF. Yes I think it will be something like this as well. the Dothraki are very superstitious and believe tons of things that are simply not true as part of their culture. If the crones decree something it will spread through the entire Dothraki culture quickly to be sure. Vaes Dothrak seems to be the only thing that all Dothraki have in common and respect.

Thank you for answering SeanF. Yes I think it will be something like this as well. the Dothraki are very superstitious and believe tons of things that are simply not true as part of their culture. If the crones decree something it will spread through the entire Dothraki culture quickly to be sure. Vaes Dothrak seems to be the only thing that all Dothraki have in common and respect.

It's similar (but on a bigger scale) to Tyrion's offer to the hill-tribesmen. He can offer them so much more than the slight satisfaction they'll get from killing him and Bronn.

Tyrioin's life was bought at the expense of the peasants of the Vale. The Dothraki will most likely profit at the expense of the inhabitants of the Free Cities..

It's similar (but on a bigger scale) to Tyrion's offer to the hill-tribesmen. He can offer them so much more than the slight satisfaction they'll get from killing him and Bronn.

Nice parallel!

I can't wait to see what role the Hill Tribes play in Sansa's story.

Dany hasn't learned much about conquest or rule. It's not enough to defeat opponents and then say it's a conquest.

She has fallen into the very same pot-hole that Robert and Joffrey fell, albeit from a different angle. There is more to Rule than saying 'I am The KING', or 'I will rule'.

I feel Drogon has had to rescue her from herself because, whatever she's done, she's created new enemies. Taking her back to where her journey really begins, fulfills a prophecy. However, it will all be for nothing if she hasn't learned lessons.

The Dothraki Khals have had a hard time to accept her. Basically, because she's female and none felt they can ride with Dany as their leader. The dragons won't have anything to do with any decision they made. It has to be Dany they accept as one of theirs, to ride to glory, with them.

Although she's made mistakes, she has done more than they thought she would. It's how commendable they see that.

The Dothraki mounted horde is what she's been missing. The Unsullied are beyond faithful to her, as they've proven. The joining of the two would be a formidable force.

The part about betrayal is not about other people. I'm now reading it as being Dany to herself. She's allowed herself to betray herself without knowing it.

The 'Red Door' could be more of a warning. In a time when few people could read or write, signs had to be used. Painting a door red signified death or rampant sickness during the time of things like plaques. Stay away it really signifies.

The Iron Throne is too much of a draw to Dany, as it is to many in Westeros. She's been pulled by a desire for vengeance. It isn't anything like a good reason for returning. It's also too much of a distraction from what's really happening in Westeros.

As yet, Dany has no idea about The Others or their army of wights. Does she even know The Wall exists, or what its purpose is?

Thinking on the dragons, for a moment. How many types of dragon are there? They are a combination of the known elements: Wind & Fire (Dany's kids), Water & Earth (Ice AND Stone).

Dragonstone is a red herring, although that is where plenty of dragonglass is. As we know, that can defeat a wight but it's a one-time use weapon. I can't see dragonglass being powerful enough to battle The Others.

Somehow, I am wondering if there are only SEVEN Others. Craster's Sons must have a purpose we've not discovered yet. I'd go with the idea that they form the line of command between The Others and The Wights, like Majors or Generals. The Others being Field Marshals.

All of that means is, Hang on! We're in for a very bumpy ride when everything REALLY STARTS TO KICK OFF!!

Dany hasn't learned much about conquest or rule. It's not enough to defeat opponents and then say it's a conquest.

She has fallen into the very same pot-hole that Robert and Joffrey fell, albeit from a different angle. There is more to Rule than saying 'I am The KING', or 'I will rule'.

Um no, She is absolutely nothing like Robert or Joffrey. Robert began his reign with the death of children, and he continued to want to kill children untilt he end, Dnay of course has the exact opposite view of this. Robert was a drunken lech who spent the crown into huge debt with only loss to the common folk. Dany has no such problems. Robert was so wrapped up in his drinking, whoring and hunting he did not notice the 7K falling to pieces all around him. JOffrey......I mean there are no comparisons that come to mind between Dany and Joffrey, and I have no idea why someone would think to connect them. He liked to beat girls, butcher animals, he was an idiot, and a spoiled monster. He was pampered his whole life by his lunatic mother and fascist grandfather, he had everything he ever wanted. Dany had none of these things. Everything she has she worked for herself and made her own sacrifices. Absolutely nothing like Robert or Joffrey in any way.

@Suzanna

I think US's point was that Dany has no experience at ruling so far, like Robert and Joff didn't.

And the belief that holding the throne was enough to hold power.

But real power works differently and that's the lesson she is slowly learning.

There simply isn't time for her to get this done before the big battle for the world that she will have to fight in.

That is why I keep saying she will return in Essos(if she survives) once the big war is over. She want the red door house(symbolic) and think it is in Westeros but her real home is Essos now and she will understand that after visiting Westeros.

Archived