Dany is going to conquer most of known Essos

David C. Hunter

Yeah..., we kind of knew that. Aside from the fact that there has been a vision of the crones kneeling before her and that she has been proclaimed Azor Ahai by Benerro, she already had a large following which obviously cannot be teleported to Westeros. I very much doubt we will see Qarth again, but I consider it practically certain that she will conquer a considerable chunk of Essos and parts of it will rise for her.

I think Dany will only engage with the cities that mess with her. Volantis is a must because not only they started the attack to her but also it is the largest city in Essos and on her way to home. When she takes Volantis, the next city will simply pay her tribute and she will move on.

I think she will not burn Volantis to the ground. She will sack the city and lead a slave revolt. The regime will change. Slavery will be made illegal. Everybody will have a vote and everybody will be able to be selected as a triarch. Then, Dany will move on.

I think Tyrosh/Lys/Myr will fight against Dany because they fought Rhaenyra in the first Dance and Tyrosh has close ties with Pentos and Doran.

I expect Dany's Fleet to fight a massive sea battle with their combined strength.

Pentos will be the last but before that, Dany will take Dragonstone as her first foothold in Westeros.

I also think that after Victarion takes the rulership of Meereen, he will deal with the Volantene Fleet alone. Then, he will punish the Yunkish Federation by sacking their cities. He will take New Ghis, sack Astapor and Yunkai once again. No need to say that he will not be as mercyful as Dany. The ironborn know how to reave.

I also think that after Victarion takes the rulership of Meereen, he will deal with the Volantene Fleet alone. Then, he will punish the Yunkish Federation by sacking their cities. He will take New Ghis, sack Astapor and Yunkai once again. No need to say that he will not be as mercyful as Dany. The ironborn know how to reave.

I think it is mor elikely Dany gets the tiger cloaks of the Volantene fleet to defect, given half of them worship the Lord of Light with Benerro saying she is the prophesied savior, her anti-slavery stance and finally, the sight of her dragons would be enough to dissuade them from fighting her.

I don't think she'd be interested in conquering most of Essos. But, assuming that thousands of Dothraki accept her leadership, she'll be riding Westwards, towards the free cities.

I'd expect her to finish her enemies in Meereen, and leave someone like the Shavepate in charge. Then take Volantis by land and sea. Then move on to Pentos, which will be the launch-pad for an invasion of Westeros.

The Dothraki will burn, plunder, and slaughter their way across the continent. In all likelihood, hundreds of thousands will die, directly at their hands, and of the starvation and disease they leave in their wake.

I think she'll quickly be in Westeros next book and "going home" simply meant Westeros.

Dany's home was never Westeros. It was the house with the red door in Braavos.

I agree somewhat with the OP, however I don't think it is ALL of Essos she will conquer, but simply those cities that are linked to the slave trade. This means Qarth, Volantis, New Ghis, Vaes Dothrak possibly Pentos and Tyrosh. It is her wrath that will be brought forward with fire and blood, taken out on those cities that have wronged her.

Braavos will be an interesting case because it is not clear where they stand on any of this.

Dany will at some point cross the sea to fight Euron though.

If Dany had been given the infamous "five years gap" maybe. Because in five years, it's possible for her to move forward and conquer as many cities as possible.

Even if we expect the worst and she "goes home" at the last chapter of tWoW, it would be impossible for her to achieve those conquests in one single book because she would need a lot of time for that, time she doesn't have. Everybody is "moving their pieces" close the throne, Stannis, Aegon and Euron definitely won't wait. And she needs to get to Westeros already.

If Dany had been given the infamous "five years gap" maybe. Because in five years, it's possible for her to move forward and conquer as many cities as possible.

Even if we expect the worst and she "goes home" at the last chapter of tWoW, it would be impossible for her to achieve those conquests in one single book because she would need a lot of time for that, time she doesn't have. Everybody is "moving their pieces" close the throne, Stannis, Aegon and Euron definitely won't wait. And she needs to get to Westeros already.

I am not so sure. I don't think Martin would need to write about these sackings directly, and I also think her army would be huge and could be split up attacking different targets at the same time, so long as she was doing it the hit and run Dothraki way and not trying to rule in any way.

Then her goal would be vengeance and destroying all foundations of the slave trade. Not so much conquering to rule, but conquering to eliminate the institution and those who perpetrate it.

I am not so sure. I don't think Martin would need to write about these sackings directly, and I also think her army would be huge and could be split up attacking different targets at the same time, so long as she was doing it the hit and run Dothraki way and not trying to rule in any way.

Then her goal would be vengeance and destroying all foundations of the slave trade. Not so much conquering to rule, but conquering to eliminate the institution and those who perpetrate it.

The paradox would be that her armies would be taking vast numbers of captives, who if they couldn't ransom themselves, would be slaves, if not called such.

The paradox would be that her armies would be taking vast numbers of captives, who if they couldn't ransom themselves, would be slaves, if not called such.

Yeah, but she will be quite ruthless. No masters become captives. They either join her, or die. If the slave trade comes back like in Astapor, she will come back and burn them.

Dany will take the majority of Essos including slavers bay, She will then use the dothraki to control essos leaving slavers bay as her own fiefdom, this reminds me of eleanor of the aquitane. and most of the war of roses. Dany controlling all three cities of slavers bay she can use them as a launching pad and supply line for a major invasion into westeros.

Dany will take the majority of Essos including slavers bay, She will then use the dothraki to control essos leaving slavers bay as her own fiefdom, this reminds me of eleanor of the aquitane. and most of the war of roses. Dany controlling all three cities of slavers bay she can use them as a launching pad and supply line for a major invasion into westeros.

Slavers Bay is far too distant. Pentos is the obvious base for an invasion.

I think it is mor elikely Dany gets the tiger cloaks of the Volantene fleet to defect, given half of them worship the Lord of Light with Benerro saying she is the prophesied savior, her anti-slavery stance and finally, the sight of her dragons would be enough to dissuade them from fighting her.

I agree that the tiger cloaks will betray their masters but not before Victarion traps them in the Straits of Yaros and comes close to winning the battle decisively. We know that Victarion started order his men to kill the masters and break the chains of the slaves just like the dragon queen. Moqorro will probably tell him that the tiger cloaks will turn their cloaks. So, that will be a massive victory for him, by taking more than 200 ships with their crews.

The thing is we have already seen that it is impossible to hold Slaver's Bay without also defeating its client cities. Qarth, Volantis, New Ghis, and Vaes Dothrak are all complicit and are significantly disrupted by what she has done. They would need to be defeated as well.

Valyria could not do it over centuries, with a dragon army.

Dany stands no ******ing chance. Especially, within two books.

Could she influence the politics of several regions/cities, absolutely. Her presence alone will cause a slave revolt in Volantis, the Dorthraki will likely be united like they never were before, and I would not be surprised if she forcefully encourages the tattered prince to become the ruler of Pentos.

However, she won't rule anything outside slaver's bay(save the Dorthraki sea).

She will most likely unit the dorthraki, use them to stabilize slavers bay(including the Volantis fleet), then sail off to Westeros with a pit stop in Volantis & maybe Pentos.

The thing is we have already seen that it is impossible to hold Slaver's Bay without also defeating its client cities. Qarth, Volantis, New Ghis, and Vaes Dothrak are all complicit and are significantly disrupted by what she has done. They would need to be defeated as well.

I think this will happen once the Dothraki fall into line.

Archived