Martin Teases TWOW in EW....

Druze

So GRRM released some pretty major spoilers as far as he and spoiling go.

-Tyrion and Dani are going to still be major characters but alas, they aren't going to intersect directly for much of the story.

-Dothraki! GRRM said that the book will be spending some time in the Dothraki sea

-2 major battles are going to kick off rather early according to GRRM

-The wall is going to be focused on a lot in TWOW

-Perhaps the biggest news is that both Dani and Tyrion are "both coming home" though that is all he said and lots of different people might read into that differently

http://www.mtv.com/news/1855814/george-r-r-martin-winds-of-winter-teases-daenerys-tyrion/

So Martin was dropping some significant hints to EW about plot developments for TWOW.

Here's the link...Warning Spoilers!

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/06/26/george-r-r-martin-winds-winter-tease/

Personally I was

disappointed to hear we wouldn't get much Tyrion/Dany, but intrigued

to hear him say marriages as in plural. I think Arianne/Aegon is a safe bet but who else? Could be Harry/Sansa but I doubt it.

Any guesses from you guys about that?

Well, Tyrion and Dany will intersect, in a way, but for much of the book they’re still apart.

Didn't we already have a book where they intersect "in a way" but are actually apart? I should be surprised by this, but not anymore....

Dany "coming home" after she "embraced her heritage as a Targaryen" probably means that she will travel to Valyria... but again GRRM may be deluding us.

It's going to take a lot of pages to get Danny on that track in a believable way. She has to resolve her storyline in the Dothraki Sea, Solve the Merenese knot, get a navy, get to Valryia...all before setting foot in Westeros. Where does she go in Westeros? Every potential landing site creates added storyline to resolve.

Didn't we already have a book where they intersect "in a way" but are actually apart? I should be surprised by this, but not anymore....

If you are referring to the time when Dany was at the pit and Tyrion almost met her, since he was about to perform with Penny for Dany, then yeah, in a way they intersected, almost..

I wonder if "in a way" means that Tyrion's infamy will reach Daenerys. He is guilty not only for the murder of his nephew but of his father as well.

Also it remains to be seen exactly how influential Tyrion will be among the Second Sons.

Let us not forget tha Dany and her dragons were very fond of Brown Ben, who in turn betrayed them.

Perhaps word of Ben and his new protege, a dwarf without a nose and mis-matched eyes, will reach Dany.

Perhaps Tyrion's involvement with the Second Sons will affect Dany or vice-versa, Dany's involvement with the Dothraki will affect Tyrion.

I really wonder though if Tyrion will reunite with Barristan or Jorah will reunite with Dany.

As for the weddings, apart from Daven, I also thought of Sansa/Harry and Arianne/Aegon(which might take place against her will)

So Martin was dropping some significant hints to EW about plot developments for TWOW.

Here's the link...Warning Spoilers!

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/06/26/george-r-r-martin-winds-winter-tease/

Personally I was

disappointed to hear we wouldn't get much Tyrion/Dany, but intrigued

to hear him say marriages as in plural. I think Arianne/Aegon is a safe bet but who else? Could be Harry/Sansa but I doubt it.

Any guesses from you guys about that?

Harry/Sansa will fall through. Sansa/Aegon is more likely to happen, although perhaps not in this book. Maybe Aegon will marry Arianne and Sansa, kinda like his dad did, and all sorts of insanity will break loose.

R+L=J isn't widely known on the outside. There are 'journalists' out there speculating that Daario and Benjen are the same based on some vague similarities in the actors' looks. I seriously doubt this article's writer is all that informed.

Dany and Tyrion being apart for most of the book and only intersecting "in a way" has me more worried than excited tbh.

They will fight to the death, mounted on dragons, Daenerys will try to toss a spear at Tyrion in mid air, and Tyrion will try to toss Penny at Daenerys and knock her off her mount.

Dany "coming home" after she "embraced her heritage as a Targaryen" probably means that she will travel to Valyria... but again GRRM may be deluding us.

Her embracing her heritage as a Targaryen means fire and blood. She's gonna forcibly take over Khal Jhaqo's khalasar, possibly unite the other khalasar's under her, since she's riding a mount so bad-ass that nobody can touch her (Dothraki, like the Na'vi, respond to things like this), and then she's going to take her Mongolian horde south and fuck up Slaver's Bay, commandeer the Ironborn ships, and sail/fly/march/swim her way back to Westeros. Valyria will be irrelevant.

I would have to say agree with Hodor above, here heritage as a Targaryen is "blood and fire." She will definitely be messing shit up with her new khalasar. Also most of these 'hints' a lot of us book readers already kind of expected...Had a feeling there would be marraiges, betrayals and battles. Wouldn't be ASOIAF without all that, right?

Archived