On a scale of Ned to Patchface.....

OberynBlackfyre

I think there are times there are people who wished they never read the series just so that weren't so annoyed about having to wait this long, and then having the TV show happen etc.

Also SPOILER!!!! I had no idea the NIghts King was an actual spoiler from the books! I was like really!?!/ George was actually kinda mad about it. SPOILER!!!!

So if things like that start to happen more and more in the series Ill probably get Euron crazy where I will want to watch everyone just burn. Only because the way the show represents things is much much lesser than how the books represent it.

Yea, you might be the only one.... The side stories are badly written and executed(see Yara rescue attempt on Theon) and generally just filler material. Also, when they spend almost entire episodes on filler then maybe they should reconsider the omissions they have made from the books or go into more detail on other things. Maybe I'm just a purist, but I actually laugh out loud at how bad a lot of the alterations are.

you aren't a purist at all. The side stories have become complete travesties in a lot of ways. I still have no idea what they are gonna do with Jaime without putting SH in. Also, while the Brienne/Hound fight was cool.....I feel it was very unbelievable and made the story a little cheap....especially the epic- ness of Briennes quest.

Baelor the Blessed. 2015-2016, I don't know why it takes him so long.

I'm also genuinely worried about this but believe it could be possible too. He finished the first ones so fast that it means he definitely has the capability to do it. I get the impression he just can't be bothered.

Yeah Im worried too. Like I understand the wait for ADWD because he was stuck on the knot of Mereen....but for TWOW, for which he already had chapters started and knew where he was going....I think should have been out this fall, or we should have a mid 2015 date. For a book that 6 out of 7, I don't think he should be putting in much more "knots" or complications, because he already has SOOOOOO many prophecies, and what ifs for whats happening right now. The last two books should be the answers/ pay off for the questions and problems within the first five (meat) of the books.

where are you getting said information from though? I haven't seen any timeline at all. And I mean how are they trying to plan to be done with the in three years when there ar 4 more books to cover? Thats not logic at all, if they believe that.

from d+d they say so in the EW interview and that only what about 2wks old.

that 7 seasons feels rite im not quoting here word for word but someone else already did.

not to mention the contracts having to be renewed there contracted for 7 seasons not 8.

the main cast would want alot more money im sure.

also i believe in that same EW interview they say all the big hbo series go 7s most anyway.

i dont see why most people are so upset everytime this comes up if your not with the plan dont watch the show.

i want an ending and only having to wait 3yrs makes me giddy as hell.

mite be the only ending you ever get at grrm writing pace.

dont get me wrong i love the books and will read them if there ever completed.

but im sick of waiting i for 1 will be happy to see the ending even though i no it wont be exact as grrm is going to write it.

it will suck when its done cuz well it will be gone but then i still have the books to look forward to.

I'd say I'm at a Prince Rhaegel level myself. I just dance naked around my house while waiting for the book to come out

:lmao: I don't think it was his style. But yep, waiting for the book that was promised ! At least, Rhaegar was willing to do some actions to make the prophecy come true... *wink wink* (smileys not working)

edit: oups Rhaegel ! Stupid Targs names that all looks alike !

No she bluntly states "oh yeah no. She's dead, sadly" and then I think comments on her agreement for the director not putting SH within the finale.

However, I have NOT heard D&D say that she is not on the show at all. sooo I say there is hope until next season

I have never watched the show and didn't see the interview but I think the actress is right to say she's dead. At least, for me, I think of the her as dead- a zombie walking around thanks to some red priest sorcery. Don't let a little thing lying "dying" get in the way of revenge.

Not sure how the show can leave out Lady Stoneheart. Not sure if LS is essential to the plot but she is part of the "lore" now. All good fantasy must have its lore.

How else will they reasonably explain a bunch of disappearing Freys. Unless they cut the disappearing Freys bit. I would not be very surprised if they did- based on chats with show-watchers the writers comfortably leave out characters, mess with the plot etc.

But I also take the point that from a sreenwriting point of view, it may be better to leave the appearance of LS for the next season, as one of the "omg!" moments.

In the end TWoW will probably become a legend, an unfinished sixth book...

This statement gives me so much fear only because i can definitely see it happening within this day and age.

On a scale of Ned to Patchface?

Lysa.

But not yet Cersei.

Once you go Cersei.......there is no coming back haha

It's been stayed that the show will end before the last book is released. But GRRM said they may adapt the novellas as well, tho i hardy see that happening.

Only in his dreams. He doesn't realize that while he's obsessed with his prequels, no one, let alone the large numbers who just watch the show and don't read the books, really wants to see the prequels before the main series is concluded. (If ever.)

Yeah, I think that's wishful thinking on his part. He let the show get ahead of him and now he's trying to think of ways that they could stall it so he can catch up. However, the show is a juggernaut now and nothing is going to stop it.

Frankly I am beginning to wonder if he's not purposefully stalling the main story (bookwise) so he can shoehorn in the prequels. (Which he has an inexplicable bone for.)

I think if the show passes the books, it's like 50/50 at best that GRRM finishes them.

*Nods.*

Yea, you might be the only one.... The side stories are badly written and executed(see Yara rescue attempt on Theon) and generally just filler material. Also, when they spend almost entire episodes on filler then maybe they should reconsider the omissions they have made from the books or go into more detail on other things. Maybe I'm just a purist, but I actually laugh out loud at how bad a lot of the alterations are.

*Nods vigorously*

Baelor the Blessed. 2015-2016, I don't know why it takes him so long.

I'm also genuinely worried about this but believe it could be possible too. He finished the first ones so fast that it means he definitely has the capability to do it. I get the impression he just can't be bothered.

*Nodding so hard likely to pull something in my neck*

I'm Howard Hughes crazy, waiting on next book. It's getting hard, trying to type with these long fingernails. Going to the bathroom is a no go as well; I've run out of jars and jugs.....so I'm just holding it in.

Or to keep it in universe ... Aerys crazy?

you aren't a purist at all. The side stories have become complete travesties in a lot of ways. I still have no idea what they are gonna do with Jaime without putting SH in. Also, while the Brienne/Hound fight was cool.....I feel it was very unbelievable and made the story a little cheap....especially the epic- ness of Briennes quest.

Yeah the Brienne/Hound fight was a detour that was not very believable and agreed, cheapened her quest.

I'm at Edd Tollett

The show's gonna take over and make a farce of everything, dude may or may not bother to finish the series at all, and oh well, who gives a shit, I'd probably have lost interest before the last book was out anyway.

Nicely done. This is me on a good day.

Lysa is more crazy than patchface

Right, but patchface is the height of the 'crazy but functional' for this scale. We're assuming that if you were Lysa or Cersei you wouldn't be able to post.

Archived