More homosexuality in the series

TheWitch

Is it true, mlord? said Three-Finger Hobb.

Who is it? asked Owen the Oaf. Not Dywen, is it?

Nor Garth, said the queens man she knew as Alf of Runnymudd, one of the first to exchange his seven false gods for the truth of Rhllor. Garths too clever for them wildlings.

How many? Mully asked.

Three, Jon told them. Black Jack, Hairy Hal, and Garth.

Alf of Runnymudd let out a howl loud enough to wake sleepers in the Shadow Tower. Put him to bed and get some mulled wine into him, Jon told Three-Finger Hobb.

I think Alf of Runnymud and Garth were lovers.

I interpreted that passage as such. Thought it was an odd reaction until I read it again.

Found...

~

He gave Dunk an enigmatic smile. “I dreamed of you, Ser Duncan. Before I even met you. When I saw you on the road, I knew your face at once. It was as if we were old friends.”

[...]“You dreamed of me?” he said, in a voice made thick by wine. “What sort of dream?”

"Why," the Fiddler said, "I dreamed that you were all in white from head to heel, with a long pale cloak flowing from those broad shoulders. You were a White Sword, ser, a Sworn Brother of the Kingsguard, the greatest knight in all the Seven Kingdoms, and you lived for no other purpose but to guard and serve and please your king." He put a hand on Dunk’s shoulder. "You have dreamed the same dream, I know you have."

He had, it was true. The first time the old man let me hold his sword. “Every boy dreams of serving in the Kingsguard.”

"Only seven boys grow up to wear the white cloak, though. Would it please you to be one of them?"

"Me?" Dunk shrugged away the lordling’s hand, which had begun to knead his shoulder. "It might. Or not." The knights of the Kingsguard served for life, and swore to take no wife and hold no lands. I might find Tanselle again someday. Why shouldn’t I have a wife, and sons? “It makes no matter what I dream. Only a king can make a Kingsguard knight.”

"I suppose that means I’ll have to take the throne, then. I would much rather be teaching you to fiddle."

"You’re drunk." And the crow once called the raven black.

"Wonderfully drunk. Wine makes all things possible, Ser Duncan. You’d look a god in white, I think, but if the color does not suit you, perhaps you would prefer to be a lord?"

~

I'm shocked he didn't tell Dunk that he look good in a white cloak but much better without it :lol:

MUST............ORDER............DUNK AND EGG..........NOVELLAS!!! :lmao:

A girl procrastinates much too much.

You missed one of the best.

The Fiddler gave Dunk an apologetic smile. “Perchance we’ll meet again someday. I hope so. I should love to try my lance on you.”

Dunk did not know what to say to that.

"Dunk did not know what to say to that".

lol, yes. Neither do we. The funniest thing of their whole dynamic is that Dunk is all "mmm... a white cloak" and Daemon is "mmm... his sword must be big...".

I feel thick like a castle wall. I did think that the exchange was weird while I was reading it, but I didn't figure out that Daemon was hitting on Dunk.

I didn't at first because I read the book via "smuggling" as the version in Spanish wasn't available at the time and, well, the translation was very bad. But tbh, GRRM is very subtle. If I hadn't been told JC was gay I probably wouldn't have noticed either. By the second read, when he talked about Toyne's smile I was like "oohhh... THAT make sense now!".

I love the Mystery Knight, I certainly need a re-read :lol: Ah, poor Dunk. The only way he could have been any less subtle is to have whipped it out and clobbered him over the head with it given him a clout on the ear with it

EDIT: Fixed for more appropriate wording ;)

:lol:

I interpreted that passage as such. Thought it was an odd reaction until I read it again.

Funny thing, it was a Mel's chapter. Otherwise, Jon could have make a mention of it.

GRRM needs to write a scene featuring TWO fat pink masts, just to show he is an equal opportunity writer.

If it is a DaeJon scene, I'm completely ok with it.

"Dunk did not know what to say to that".

lol, yes. Neither do we. The funniest thing of their whole dynamic is that Dunk is all "mmm... a white cloak" and Daemon is "mmm... his sword must be big...".

I didn't at first because I read the book via "smuggling" as the version in Spanish wasn't available at the time and, well, the translation was very bad. But tbh, GRRM is very subtle. If I hadn't been told JC was gay I probably wouldn't have noticed either. By the second read, when he talked about Toyne's smile I was like "oohhh... THAT make sense now!".

:lol:

Funny thing, it was a Mel's chapter. Otherwise, Jon could have make a mention of it.

If it is a DaeJon scene, I'm completely ok with it.

JonMon

Archived