Wanted: White reprint aGoT aCoK

I know there's new editions coming out later this year, but their price has already went up from ~90€ to over a hundred euros a piece, so I'll rather hunt for these than wait for those to come out. I hope they'll be ugly.. I see no point in pushing out new editions, they'll probably change the design with TWoW anyway.

I pre-ordered those to possibly lock in a 'lower' price, but I may cancel at those prices if they turn out like those blue slipcase editions. Waiting for pics and details...

I pre-ordered those to possibly lock in a 'lower' price, but I may cancel at those prices if they turn out like those blue slipcase editions. Waiting for pics and details...

They have to be different somehow, the retail price for the blue ones was about 55€ so I don't get how these could be double the price if they're just like those.

If it was just one really nice book then okay, but since there's five I can't imagine many people spending like 500€ to get these. So maybe they're super limited and numbered or something, who knows.

I'm looking so hard for these I had to register just to ask if someone knows what's up.

I've regretted not buying these white editions since 2011 when I saw them at a local bookstore, I kept thinking they'll release some nice hardcover set when the series is finished and I'd wait for that, but it'll take ages so..

I bought AGoT and AFfC from thebookdepository very recently. The AGoT I got was a second printing as expected, but AFfC was a first printing. What I'm wondering is, if they did a second print run, why aren't there any ACoK's or ASoS's? Still first prints of AFfC's lying around, so why not even the second prints of those two? Or did they only do a second printing of AGoT? Because I remember the rest were available for a long time in 2012, but AGoT went out of stock pretty fast.

I know there's new editions coming out later this year, but their price has already went up from ~90€ to over a hundred euros a piece, so I'll rather hunt for these than wait for those to come out. I hope they'll be ugly.. I see no point in pushing out new editions, they'll probably change the design with TWoW anyway.

So, if anyone has ACoK or ASoS and is willing to sell for a reasonable price, let me know.

I believe they released a second printing of AGOT because there were only 3000 copies originally printed with the others having higher print runs.

I believe they released a second printing of AGOT because there were only 3000 copies originally printed with the others having higher print runs.

Alright then. Strange though that ACoK and ASoS are so rare and up for ridiculous prices even on bad condition, when AFfC is still available from thebookdepository.

Looks like the publishing date of these limited editions has been put back to end of 2016

Just noticed the same thing, I'm thinking maybe they're planning to release them when TWoW comes out, and have it in the set. Makes sense to me.

The price has increased a bit again though. The first time I saw them on thebookdepository they were ~90€, now they're up to 104€. At this rate they'll be like 200€ a piece by the time they're released.. I'd seriously want to see how they look.

The prices haven't changed in the UK. The price variation is probably due to the the exchange rate and the pound being strong against the Euro at the moment.

Well yeah that could be the case. Though somehow new books, also ones already published, always tend to have these little changes in price, while older ones stay at the exact same price. But whatever, I can't afford the new ones anyway so it doesn't really matter what they'll cost.

I have to say I'm super excited right now, I have a looking to buy listing for the white reprints on a Finnish ebay/craigslist/whatever type of site and someone actually responded to it. It's some guy who bought them all in 2011 because of the tv series but has never even bothered to read them, and apparently they're in like new condition. I had a pic for reference and he said they're like that so they're definitely the right books, he's gonna send me pics too. We haven't discussed the price yet, but he's not a collector or care about the books anyway so I have a great feeling about this. I'm not gonna rip him off though, I'm so happy I'll pay as much as I can spare as a poor uni student.

Also since he bought them in 2011 his AGoT has to be a 1st printing, I asked him to check that as well. I have the second so I'm gonna buy that off of him too and upgrade mine.

Well yeah that could be the case. Though somehow new books, also ones already published, always tend to have these little changes in price, while older ones stay at the exact same price. But whatever, I can't afford the new ones anyway so it doesn't really matter what they'll cost.

I have to say I'm super excited right now, I have a looking to buy listing for the white reprints on a Finnish ebay/craigslist/whatever type of site and someone actually responded to it. It's some guy who bought them all in 2011 because of the tv series but has never even bothered to read them, and apparently they're in like new condition. I had a pic for reference and he said they're like that so they're definitely the right books, he's gonna send me pics too. We haven't discussed the price yet, but he's not a collector or care about the books anyway so I have a great feeling about this. I'm not gonna rip him off though, I'm so happy I'll pay as much as I can spare as a poor uni student.

Also since he bought them in 2011 his AGoT has to be a 1st printing, I asked him to check that as well. I have the second so I'm gonna buy that off of him too and upgrade mine.

That's great. If it's a good offer, take the deal and be happy you found them at a good price.

That's great. If it's a good offer, take the deal and be happy you found them at a good price.

He asked for 50€ for the three I want (AGoT is a 1st) or 60€ for all five to get rid of them all. I'm gonna buy them all since he also happens to live in a nearby town so I can just pick them up this weekend and save the shipping costs which would have been about 10€ anyway for such large books. This is so awesome, though now I hope I hadn't bought AGoT and AFfC just last month, I spent almost as much on them as now on the whole series. But I'll try to sell them, and the Bantam ADwD is probably a 1st/1st so maybe someone will buy that at least.

This is just the best because I knew there are people who'll have these lying around somewhere and don't really care about them and are willing to sell. They might not put up a listing but if they see someone looking specifically for these they'll get in contact.

Edit: Just noticed that AFfC is finally out of stock on bookdepository, so I might be able to sell my extra copy of that too if it gets rare like the rest.

You should have no problem selling them on Ebay if you list that you ship to the US. I'm sure there will be plenty of collectors needing those.

Actually I would have a problem, which is the ridiculously expensive shipping costs in Finland. I just checked and it would cost 36€ for a 2kg package (so one book) and 48€ for a 5kg package (two or three books) to the US. And those are the cheapest options.. EMS would be 70€ for 2kg and 90€ for 5kg. So I don't think people would pay that much for the shipping. But if no one buys them here I might give it a go. I hate selling on ebay though because of all the fees, I use two similar Finnish sites and on them you can keep up a listing as long as you like for absolutely free. Just a shame that there's a small market for certain things here.

Archived